Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

World's Most-Crucial Fuel Heads for Shortage Touching Everything

<< < (2/4) > >>

Howard:

--- Quote from: IroNat on November 22, 2022, 09:45:37 AM ---You missed the whole point of the article, Howard.

Next time read the article before commenting.

--- End quote ---

I hesitate before I  post a serious , science based reply, because I think  it will be a waste of time.
Your reply  proves it was .

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Howard on November 22, 2022, 06:43:54 PM ---I hesitate before I  post a serious , science based reply, because I think  it will be a waste of time.
Your reply  proves it was .

--- End quote ---

We not be smart like you.

Howard:

--- Quote from: IroNat on November 23, 2022, 04:36:53 AM ---We not be smart like you.

--- End quote ---
Sorry if I came off like a pompous ass and I can understand
why I deserved that comment.

I was trying to make a historical analogy based on the development of technology. I was looking at this issue in more general terms .

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Howard on November 23, 2022, 07:11:44 AM ---Sorry if I came off like a pompous ass and I can understand
why I deserved that comment.

I was trying to make a historical analogy based on the development of technology. I was looking at this issue in more general terms .

--- End quote ---

The Court of Getbig's next meeting is in February 2023 at which time your fate will be determined.

Meanwhile, the shortages of goods due to lack of ICE engine fuel will get worse until the technology of electric vehicles becomes adequate in the mid 2030's by your estimate.

Hopefully by that time the problem of over-whelming the power grid with electric vehicle demand will also be solved.  A few of those nuke plants that take 10+ years to build and come online at the cost of $billions will help.

While this is going on, please try to stay warm from the inadequate energy produced by windmills and sun.  For those in cold climates we are sorry your large array of solar panels on your roof is not up to powering electric heaters.

Also to be solved by the 2030s according to Howard is how to cope with the toxic waste from making and disposing of solar panels.

Howard:

--- Quote from: IroNat on November 23, 2022, 09:14:58 AM ---The Court of Getbig's next meeting is in February 2023 at which time your fate will be determined.

Meanwhile, the shortages of goods due to lack of ICE engine fuel will get worse until the technology of electric vehicles becomes adequate in the mid 2030's by your estimate.

Hopefully by that time the problem of over-whelming the power grid with electric vehicle demand will also be solved.  A few of those nuke plants that take 10+ years to build and come online at the cost of $billions will help.

While this is going on, please try to stay warm from the inadequate energy produced by windmills and sun.  For those in cold climates we are sorry your large array of solar panels on your roof is not up to powering electric heaters.

Also to be solved by the 2030s according to Howard is how to cope with the toxic waste from making and disposing of solar panels.

--- End quote ---
LOL, " the court of getbig" ... ;D good one

Rather than bore the forum with some detailed techno answer, nobody will read, let me provide a personal example.

My wife and I recently bought a hybrid vehicle instead of a 100% EV .

Despite the Biden EV tax credit and push to promote EV's, the infrastructure isn't ready now.
Plus, the battery technology doesn't allow for longer trips and charging is slow , compared to filling up w/gas.
As you rightly pointed out, battery/solar components and nuclear WASTE is a real problem .

My first job , right out of college , was working in entry level  R& D for a major oil refinery .
The main reason we've used fossil fuels is because they provide a LOT of energy at a reasonable price.
After 140 years of use, the supply is getting low and pollution concerns are real.
 So we need to GRADUALLY change to new energy sources .

We have fear mongers on both sides . The enviro-wackos, want 100% green energy " yesterday" with pending doomsday scare tactics.
The fossil fuel industry doesn't want to be put out of business.
Their side tries to downplay or ignore the global pollution/ climate impacts and ridicule any " green energy ".

Thanks for the thoughtful reply and I hope this clarified  my view pt .

In my OPINION, the hybrid vehicle is an ideal " transition" vehicle between all gas to 100% EV .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version