Author Topic: Meat Costs “Set To Surge Higher” To Unimaginable Prices  (Read 3941 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Meat Costs “Set To Surge Higher” To Unimaginable Prices
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2022, 11:13:55 AM »
yet health professionals only recommend 1 whole egg a day, if they were so bad for us why are the prices sky rocketing?

How much is a pack of cigarettes near you?

Bad items get taxed. Eggs are obviously bad.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2022, 01:36:23 PM »
Eggs here are 3.99 a dozen....a few months ago they were only .99 a dozen.......ridiculous.

When I lived in Syracuse, NY I got to know one of the bigger egg farmers in the area. The guy told me Walmart offered to buy his eggs in volume - at 29 cents a dozen!! He said that barely covered the feed.

If you free range chickens they eat just about everything on the ground and the cost to make eggs is very low. My son has a farm and keeps a dozen or so chickens around for fun- during peak egg laying season he can get 3 dozen eggs a day. But in these big egg operations it's all in closed off buildings with near sterile conditions because disease spreads fast. They run 24 hours a day and are very energy intensive. No surprise right now that costs are skyrocketing.

BTW the yolks are orange for free range chickens because of the Vitamin K content. That is controlled by the food chickens eat. Grain fed chickens are low K. When I used to travel in Europe nearly all the eggs I had for breakfast were orange yolks- they must not raise them with grain.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2022, 01:57:37 PM »
It's weird. Eggs are delicious in their various forms
Fried, scrambled, poached, hard boiled etc...

But when you really think about what it is ( a fertilized egg that is supposed to hatch a baby chicken) then it becomes slightly disgusting.

Don't even get me started on balut or caviar.....

Humans eat some nasty ass shit. Then again, we aren't as evolved from other mammals as we would like to believe.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2022, 08:23:07 PM »
People like you are why I celebrate every single one of the thousands of vegans having strokes, mental illness, infertility and heart attacks. You are subhuman and don't deserve the gift of life. I will continue eating my meat, whatever the cost, even if I have to steal it. The government cannot stop me eating meat. Being healthy and in touch with nature is priceless.

Stay mad   ;D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2022, 08:25:15 PM »
The primary culprits are the Central Banks. Many have been even worse than the Fed. The dollar has performed well against other currencies.

The stimulus and unemployment payments are a drop in the bucket.

I wouldn’t discount the role of the supply chain issues & rising fuel prices, but yes - i agree.  Well said 👍

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2022, 08:26:33 PM »
Food prices don't directly correlate with their health benefits.

If you’re gonna make extraordinary claims like this, you should really cite a source or two  :D

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2022, 11:30:16 AM »

https://patriotpost.us/articles/89108

About That ‘Extraordinary Progress’ Under Biden…

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2022, 11:36:16 AM »
meat is the only thing in my supermarket that hasnt gone up

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2022, 11:37:44 AM »
Eggs $2.12/dozen near me.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2022, 11:39:06 AM »

dam it , all I eat is chicken breasts..... JOE MUST GO.... LET"S GO BRANDON. FJB.

you voted for joe didnt you funk?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2022, 11:51:21 AM »

When I lived in Syracuse, NY I got to know one of the bigger egg farmers in the area. The guy told me Walmart offered to buy his eggs in volume - at 29 cents a dozen!! He said that barely covered the feed.

If you free range chickens they eat just about everything on the ground and the cost to make eggs is very low. My son has a farm and keeps a dozen or so chickens around for fun- during peak egg laying season he can get 3 dozen eggs a day. But in these big egg operations it's all in closed off buildings with near sterile conditions because disease spreads fast. They run 24 hours a day and are very energy intensive. No surprise right now that costs are skyrocketing.

BTW the yolks are orange for free range chickens because of the Vitamin K content. That is controlled by the food chickens eat. Grain fed chickens are low K. When I used to travel in Europe nearly all the eggs I had for breakfast were orange yolks- they must not raise them with grain.
A friend introduced me to a famer who`s selling eggs.....guy has over a hundred chickens....gave me 6 dozen eggs for 3.00 !!!

I know where I`m buying eggs from now on.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2022, 11:52:01 AM »
;D

between the rising meat prices and the deregulation of slaughterhouses, I've never been more glad to not rely on meat.

I'm not saying that regulation serves no purpose - but markets tend to sort these things out.

Slaughterhouses with bacteriological issues will invariably be closed down. The free market will steer people in the direction of good quality products.

Given how badly the government fucked up Covid, which was basically a scam to make billionaires richer, I'm not much interested in what they have to say, or what they want to regulate.