Author Topic: Question for the religion people..  (Read 18115 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Question for the religion people..
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 08:36:45 PM »
Well Johnny.   Science and God can work together.  Did you know the reason for the ice age and lack of fossils is explained by the suddeness of the flood in noahs day??   The temperature was different in other parts of the earth.....hence mammoths dug up with food still in their stomach.   Dinosaurs leaving remains because the weight of the soil pressed by the water was an instant package of death.

All the answers are there. Even the explanation of special enviroments it would take to fossilize.

Philisophers and astronomers were still arguing the earth was flat and told columbus he would sail off the edge as late as 1492.     The bible stated flat out that the earth was round in Genesis, Thats 3-4000 yrs later.    Also in 800 bce. Amos 5:8 described earths water cycle of evaporation from the water bodies back down to rivers and lakes, back to the sea and again.  King Solomon described it at Ecc1:7.     

Sodom and gommorah the ancient city destroyed by brimstone......has been found and scholars cant explain the charred remains....theres no volcano anywhere.    I could go on and on........

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 06:26:54 AM »
All things cannot be accounted for, but I have posted numerous links and articals that you will not address simply because it comes from Christian sites that also have secular backing!

"That I will not address" BAHAHA!

You're a damn liar "mr. intenseone". Infact i've addressed MOST of your pathetic articles. I only stopped doing it because you would not respond to what I refuted about them. You spend 5 seconds copying pasting articles written by other people, I spend 45 minutes refuting the article..Then you don't even address what I posted point by point.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 06:40:15 AM »
Well Johnny.   Science and God can work together.  Did you know the reason for the ice age and lack of fossils is explained by the suddeness of the flood in noahs day??   The temperature was different in other parts of the earth.....hence mammoths dug up with food still in their stomach.   Dinosaurs leaving remains because the weight of the soil pressed by the water was an instant package of death.

Good grief, Never heard THIS one before... ::)

According to bible chronology the flood occured about 4,000 years ago. The ice age ended over 12,000 years ago! Do the math!

Lack of fossils? We have PLENTY of fossils. The reason for the fact we don't have more is because fossilization itself is rare. The process doesn't happen alot. The conditions required for fossilization are rare.

Mammoths being frozen with food in their stomach isn't a sign of some sudden catastrophe. Mammoths would of always had food in their stomach. They died with it in their stomach and then were preserved by the freezing tempeture(which they lived in).

All the answers are there. Even the explanation of special enviroments it would take to fossilize.

Philisophers and astronomers were still arguing the earth was flat and told columbus he would sail off the edge as late as 1492.     The bible stated flat out that the earth was round in Genesis, Thats 3-4000 yrs later.    Also in 800 bce. Amos 5:8 described earths water cycle of evaporation from the water bodies back down to rivers and lakes, back to the sea and again.  King Solomon described it at Ecc1:7.     

Sodom and gommorah the ancient city destroyed by brimstone......has been found and scholars cant explain the charred remains....theres no volcano anywhere.    I could go on and on........

This is absolutely false. Do more research.

We KNEW the earth was round as far back as ancient times. The Alexandrian philosopher  Eratosthenes was the first to MEASURE the circumfrence of the earth by using shadows in wells.

Hundreds of years prior to that Aristotle argued the earth was a sphere in his writings because of the fact the shadow of the earth on the moon during an eclipse was circular(Only possible with a spherical earth). This is before the bible was even written.

Christians like to use the passage where it says the "Circile of the earth" to claim they claimed it was round. In reality the "circle of the earth" is meant to describe the horizion of the sky(Which is a circle) not the shape of the globe itself. The earth is a sphere not a "circle".
The bible claims the eart  is FLAT.
Matthew 4:8 claims jesus saw the entire world from the highest mountain.(not possible on a sphere earth)
Daniel 4:7-8 mentions a tree at the "center of the world". This also implies the earth is flat. Considering such a tree would of been impossible on a round earth.

The fact of the matter is simple..The authors of the bible would of KNOWN scientists believed in a round earth even before the bible was written(Eratosthenes,Aristotle). Yet they still made it as if the earth was flat!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 06:43:14 AM »

"That I will not address" BAHAHA!

You're a damn liar "mr. intenseone". Infact i've addressed MOST of your pathetic articles. I only stopped doing it because you would not respond to what I refuted about them. You spend 5 seconds copying pasting articles written by other people, I spend 45 minutes refuting the article..Then you don't even address what I posted point by point.

it take me 5 seconds because I've spent years reading them, it's not like I pull stuff out of my butt and post them. Johnny....YOU are my test of Faith and you know what.......you're losing. The rhetoric and babble you post makes me even stronger in my belief....so BITE ME!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 06:49:40 AM »
Another question for Johnny.

For being such a great "intellect" and accomplishing as much as you claim at such a young age, you should be in demand. Do you not have a job? You seem to spend most of your waking moments on here arguing your point as if you have something to prove.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 06:50:27 AM »
it take me 5 seconds because I've spent years reading them, it's not like I pull stuff out of my butt and post them. Johnny....YOU are my test of Faith and you know what.......you're losing. The rhetoric and babble you post makes me even stronger in my belief....so BITE ME!

More lies.

You've NEVER read them. If you had you could DEFEND THEM. Or else you wouldn't believe them in which case you would not post them.

You obviously have never read them.

You can't defend them or even argue them in your own words. I've spent years reading SCIENCE and I can defend whatever is claimed by science and can argue it in my own words. You on the other hand can't.

If you can..DO IT. Stop making up excuses.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 06:52:56 AM »
Another question for Johnny.

For being such a great "intellect" and accomplishing as much as you claim at such a young age, you should be in demand. Do you not have a job? You seem to spend most of your waking moments on here arguing your point as if you have something to prove.

I spend maybe 30 min a day on here.(Though i'm logged in all day). I already mentioned my occupation. I don't like repeating myself.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 06:55:46 AM »

More lies.

You've NEVER read them. If you had you could DEFEND THEM. Or else you wouldn't believe them in which case you would not post them.

You obviously have never read them.

You can't defend them or even argue them in your own words. I've spent years reading SCIENCE and I can defend whatever is claimed by science and can argue it in my own words. You on the other hand can't.

If you can..DO IT. Stop making up excuses.

LOL..Hahaha whatever dude!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 07:03:58 AM »
LOL..Hahaha whatever dude!

Oh wow..."Whatever"! What a comeback! You sure stumped me!

::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 07:37:23 AM »

I spend maybe 30 min a day on here.(Though i'm logged in all day). I already mentioned my occupation. I don't like repeating myself.

See Johnny, there ya go lying again, according to your post summary you average almost 28 posts per day. Job market must be pretty bleak in Blyth!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 09:32:41 AM »
See Johnny, there ya go lying again, according to your post summary you average almost 28 posts per day. Job market must be pretty bleak in Blyth!

28 posts per day..On average less than a minute per post. Seems just about right.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 12:13:14 PM »

28 posts per day..On average less than a minute per post. Seems just about right.
Come on Johnny , unless you type over 200 words per minute, some of the "I thoughtfully wrote these posts from my own words" are quite long. You don't have to be "ashamed" to be online that long.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 12:29:13 PM »
Come on Johnny , unless you type over 200 words per minute, some of the "I thoughtfully wrote these posts from my own words" are quite long. You don't have to be "ashamed" to be online that long.

Over 120 words per minute.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 12:45:10 PM »

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2006, 02:20:34 PM »
Now you're gonna tell me u like drinking soy milk  :'(

actually i do like soy milk..since i'm ocassionally lactose intolerant..

ie..one day i'll eat a whole pizza and i'm fine and another i'll eat half a sorbet and i'm in the shitter...
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2006, 12:17:27 AM »
I'd like someone to scientifically prove the events of the bible(WITHOUT USING THE BIBLE). Scientifically prove everything happened in the bible without once referencing the bible. Prove Genesis,Exodus,Ect..ect without using the bible. But using science and history.

?  The Bible is a historical book. 

How about this one:  scientifically prove the origin of the seven day week without using the Bible.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2006, 01:16:42 AM »
?  The Bible is a historical book. 

How about this one:  scientifically prove the origin of the seven day week without using the Bible.

The bible isn't a History book. It's a RELIGIOUS book.

Scientifically prove the origin of the 7 day week without using the bible?

The 7 day week has it's origins in rome not from christianity. Back then there were only 5 known planets and the astrologers decided to make a day for every known planet and the sun + the moon making 7 days.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »

The bible isn't a History book. It's a RELIGIOUS book.

Scientifically prove the origin of the 7 day week without using the bible?

The 7 day week has it's origins in rome not from christianity. Back then there were only 5 known planets and the astrologers decided to make a day for every known planet and the sun + the moon making 7 days.

The Bible is both a historical and religious book.  Surely you're not contending everything in the Bible is fiction? 

Re the seven-day week:  doesn't sound like science to me.  You can scientifically measure certain units of time (earth rotating around the moon, earth rotating on it's axis), but how do you scientifically measure the seven-day week?