Author Topic: Would you DIE for your Religion?  (Read 36713 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Would you DIE for your Religion?
« on: April 18, 2006, 04:39:28 AM »
We already know that Muslims go to the extreme with suicide bombings for their beliefs and that they are considered martyrs for it, but would you recant your belief in Jesus and God if you were going to be put to death for it? I've always wanted to ask that question of Christians.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Would you DIE for your Religion?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 05:51:34 AM »
For my religion? No.

For the glory of God? Yes.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 06:04:34 AM »
If someone had a bullet to my head and was asking me to denouce my faith in God (which I think JA's trying to do verbally), I will GLADLY take that bullet.  NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 07:05:10 AM »
Would you fly a plane into a building "For the glory of God"?

If God told you to fly a plane into a building and you KNEW it was god..Would you do it?

Yes or No?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 07:18:03 AM »

If God told you to fly a plane into a building and you KNEW it was god..Would you do it?

Yes or No?

How exactly would killing thousands of innocent people honor God?

Now if God told me to (and I KNEW it was God) and he said, "go forth and fly this plane into that building - Johnny Apollo is in it" then yes. Yes I would.  ;)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

Now if God told me to (and I KNEW it was God) and he said, "go forth and fly this plane into that building - Johnny Apollo is in it" then yes. Yes I would.  ;)

Ever read the Old Testament? God commanded his armies to destroy cities and kill women and children. So it would not be a stretch for God to get people to fly planes into buildings right?

Answer the question.

If God told you to fly a plane into a building. Would you fly the plane into the building if you KNEW it was God telling you to do it?

Yes or No?
(I'm not in it)

Notice how christians can't answer a simple "yes" or "no" question.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 08:47:21 AM »
Yes.......so what?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 09:34:33 AM »
Ah, Atleast he admits he'd comit another 9/11 for his "True God".

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 09:34:39 AM »

Ever read the Old Testament? God commanded his armies to destroy cities and kill women and children. So it would not be a stretch for God to get people to fly planes into buildings right?

Answer the question.

If God told you to fly a plane into a building. Would you fly the plane into the building if you KNEW it was God telling you to do it?

Yes or No?
(I'm not in it)

Notice how christians can't answer a simple "yes" or "no" question.

If it was God's will I would.

How's that for your "YES" answer?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 09:44:07 AM »
The reason he destroyed wicked nations was to fullfill the promise he made to his Holy people. I am in no place to judge Gods judgement or actions.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 09:46:31 AM »
If God commanded you to kill your children would you do it?

Let's forget about "why" he might do this. Just answer the question.

If you KNEW it was God and he said "Kill your children, For I have a plan for them."

Would you do it?

Yes or No?

snatch_clean

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 09:50:23 AM »
For my religion? No.

For the glory of God? Yes.

First let us assume the existence of an omnipotent, omnicient almighty God, creator and sustainer of the universe. (Funny how the Christian and muslim fanatics fail to mention the word sustainer.)
Do you think your death will add to his glory? It is like a firefly wanting to get consumed in the Sun to add it its glory. Now that is some serious ego right there. I have an overblown ego but you take the cake.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 10:00:52 AM »
I would hope to be as obedient as Abraham.....

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 10:40:08 AM »
First let us assume the existence of an omnipotent, omnicient almighty God, creator and sustainer of the universe. (Funny how the Christian and muslim fanatics fail to mention the word sustainer.)
Do you think your death will add to his glory? It is like a firefly wanting to get consumed in the Sun to add it its glory. Now that is some serious ego right there. I have an overblown ego but you take the cake.

What is it about serving another that give me a big ego?

Serving is about putting the needs of someone else before the needs of my own.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 10:43:44 AM »
If God commanded you to kill your children would you do it?

Let's forget about "why" he might do this. Just answer the question.

If you KNEW it was God and he said "Kill your children, For I have a plan for them."

Would you do it?

Yes or No?

If I were to question the will of God it doesn't say much for my faith does it?

What about you, Johnny? If you had indisputable proof of the existence of God would you question his will?

snatch_clean

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 10:45:11 AM »
What is it about serving another that give me a big ego?

Serving is about putting the needs of someone else before the needs of my own.

If god is infinite and you are finite then you cant increase his glory. ∞+k=∞

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 10:46:54 AM »

I bet you would even SPEED UP! LOL that was funny w8!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 10:51:14 AM »
If god is infinite and you are finite then you cant increase his glory. ∞+k=∞

You can't increase His glory but you can please him by giving Him glory....

snatch_clean

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 11:02:13 AM »
If I were to question the will of God it doesn't say much for my faith does it?

What about you, Johnny? If you had indisputable proof of the existence of God would you question his will?

Now it is easy to understand how the muslims go about strapping bombs to themselves because they are convinced it is the will of God. By the way all the Christians who hate islamic mofos don't realize that Allah is just Arabic for God aka Jehovah.

About 1000 yrs ago the christians did the middle ages equivalent of strapping bombs and going into the middle east to attempt to ransack the wealth of the Islamic empire. They were convinced like these nut jobs are that it is the will of God and that it must be carried out and that the Muslims were infidels etc.

It is sure scary to think people like you will do crazy acts based on a book of questionable authenticity (here I am being generous by not calling it an outright fabrication which it what it really is) or based upon a figure who draws authority from the book. Pray tell me how you will verify the authenticity of Gods command when he urges you do kill your kids. Will your God speak through you minister/pastor? Or will he speak to you in your dreams. How will you verify its authenticity? What do you feel about the recent case (memory fails me here) of a woman who claimed that she killed her kids because God ordered her to. Should she be set free?

Another question (this is what I heard in a Baptist church service I attended on Easter when I was invited by a woman who cooks some of the most elaborate and greatestestest meals you could ever feast on). The deluded pastor was taking about ressurection. It was all God's plan is what Jesus tells his apostles who find him dead and then resurrected and cannot believe he is going to leave them when in fact they had hoped that he would vanquish his opponents. Jesus talks about Gods plan, that his son (JC himself) needs to die on the cross for our sins (thank you very much  ::)) followed by a resurrection which will be a beacon of hope for future christians and to all people, a glorious and climactic conclusion to the Divine show. At that point I felt like asking the pastor if it is all gods plan then Judas was just an instrument, a pawn in the episode who was impelled into betraying JC.

So logical religion is  ::)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 11:53:27 AM »
I would hope to be as obedient as Abraham.....

thats what them bombers that blow themselves sincierly believe bro  :-\
they r really trying to be obedient to allah..
regardless of where they r brain washed lunatics..they believe wat they r doing is right also  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 12:22:21 PM »

Yes or No?

Uh, no.   ::)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 12:25:32 PM »
Welcome back beyond_genetics, er uh, snatch_clean.  Where ya been, bro?  Good to have you back into the debate mix.  You have some stiff competition in our buddy, Johnny Apollo.  Seems the two of you have a likeness towards the "seeing is believing" motto. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 12:27:05 PM »

Aw, See?  Now W8, that was just wrong.  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   :) ;) :D ;D

I BUSTED out laughing when I read this post.  That was just straight up wrong, bro.  lol!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 12:27:59 PM »
Now it is easy to understand how the muslims go about strapping bombs to themselves because they are convinced it is the will of God. By the way all the Christians who hate islamic mofos don't realize that Allah is just Arabic for God aka Jehovah.

About 1000 yrs ago the christians did the middle ages equivalent of strapping bombs and going into the middle east to attempt to ransack the wealth of the Islamic empire. They were convinced like these nut jobs are that it is the will of God and that it must be carried out and that the Muslims were infidels etc.

It is sure scary to think people like you will do crazy acts based on a book of questionable authenticity (here I am being generous by not calling it an outright fabrication which it what it really is) or based upon a figure who draws authority from the book. Pray tell me how you will verify the authenticity of Gods command when he urges you do kill your kids. Will your God speak through you minister/pastor? Or will he speak to you in your dreams. How will you verify its authenticity? What do you feel about the recent case (memory fails me here) of a woman who claimed that she killed her kids because God ordered her to. Should she be set free?

Another question (this is what I heard in a Baptist church service I attended on Easter when I was invited by a woman who cooks some of the most elaborate and greatestestest meals you could ever feast on). The deluded pastor was taking about ressurection. It was all God's plan is what Jesus tells his apostles who find him dead and then resurrected and cannot believe he is going to leave them when in fact they had hoped that he would vanquish his opponents. Jesus talks about Gods plan, that his son (JFC himself) needs to die on the cross for our sins (thank you very much  ::)) followed by a resurrection which will be a beacon of hope for future christians and to all people, a glorious and climactic conclusion to the Divine show. At that point I felt like asking the pastor if it is all gods plan then Judas was just an instrument, a pawn in the episode who was impelled into betraying JFC.

So logical religion is  ::)

I will not deny that man's history is stained with the attrocities committed in the name of God and religion. More proof of the lengths man will go to twist mankind's faith in God in order to further their own evil agenda. Johnny was just writing in another thread about Adolph Hitler's beliefs in God and how (in his mind) it justified his hatred of the Jews.

You need to re-read Johnny's question again. It was if we KNEW (without a doubt) that it was God would we still do as he commanded.

So I ask you and Johnny, if you were to meet God and he proved to you beyond the shadow of a doubt that he was indeed the one true almighty creator would you obey his commands?

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 12:29:52 PM »
Aw, See?  Now W8, that was just wrong.  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   :) ;) :D ;D

I BUSTED out laughing when I read this post.  That was just straight up wrong, bro.  lol!

I know. I have a dark sense of humor.  :P