Author Topic: why  (Read 19367 times)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
why
« on: May 05, 2006, 09:07:20 AM »
1.) Why is Jesus always depicted as a white European when his race is not from that region?

2.) Why during the supposed time of Jesus no Jewish historian mentioned him? 

3.) Why aren't there any Roman court records of his crucifixtion?

4.) Why is the only account of Jesus the New Testament, which the first books appeared at least 60 years after his death, written by people generations later who never knew him?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: why
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »
i wanna play i wanna play

why does my poop smell like beef shawarme if i eat beef sharwame?

why dosen't the little cap jewish people wear ontop ever fall off?

why dont i see really old tall people around?

btw..jesus ws a cameljockey no?

carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 10:01:18 AM »
i wanna play i wanna play

1. why does my poop smell like beef shawarme if i eat beef sharwame?

2. why dosen't the little cap jewish people wear ontop ever fall off?

3. why dont i see really old tall people around?

btw..jesus ws a cameljockey no?

1. What goes in, comes out...

2. Bobby pins...

3. You've obviously never been to Switzerland...

This is fun. I'm good at this   :)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 10:01:32 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_testament

The best tool on the internet.

By the way AD is the birth of christ. So by looking at the dates of most of the new testiment these books were written shortly,within 25 to 50 years after his death. That is the same or one generation different.

In the early church works he doesn't look white. It is also called creative listence, since no one know what he exactly looks like.
Z

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 10:05:05 AM »
In the early church works he doesn't look white. It is also called creative listence, since no one know what he exactly looks like.

what part of the world ws he from again?

i've never been to china..but have a pretty good idea of what a china man would look like ...
carpe` vaginum!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 10:16:43 AM »
He's Jewish.
Now tell me what most jews look like.
The jews I have seen are fairly light skinned.

The image of Jesus has changed over 2000 years. But it doen't matter because christianity has nothing to do with the physical image of Jesus and all to do with his message.

By the way what does Muhammad look like.
Z

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 10:16:51 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_testament
By the way AD is the birth of christ. So by looking at the dates of most of the new testiment these books were written shortly,within 25 to 50 years after his death. That is the same or one generation different.

OK, wasn't really sure about that anyway. Why isn't Christmas january 1st then?

You mean creative license?  -no idea what you are talking about here.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 10:19:45 AM »
The image of Jesus has changed over 2000 years. But it doen't matter because christianity has nothing to do with the physical image of Jesus and all to do with his message.

Why can't you make the same argument that the message has changed over 2000 years?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 10:22:03 AM »
I forgot to use spell check.
But as I said before the image of Christ that people see is a representation of Jesus and this representation has nothing to do with the Christianity. The person that draws these images has creative licence since there are no exact records like a photograph to use.
In the past royal figures , Caesars, etc. Very rarely looked much like their portrait.
Z

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 10:27:38 AM »
1. What goes in, comes out...

2. Bobby pins...

3. You've obviously never been to Switzerland...

This is fun. I'm good at this   :)

1)well my pop did not smell like roses when i ate rose petals once....ah HA!

2) no wayyyy..i seriously didn't know that and i always wanted to ask this jewish kid that takes classes at the school i teach at...but i didn't wanna offend him...

ok one more

where is the other shoe in the middle of the road?
carpe` vaginum!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 10:29:04 AM »
The message has changed in some aspects over 2000 years.
The Roman Catholic church does not over see all of Christiano any more.
However, there are some core beliefs that have not changed. The birth, death and resurrection. The other is thatThe acceptance of Jesus into your life is the only prerequisite to going to heaven.
Z

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 10:47:20 AM »

By the way what does Muhammad look like.

prolly like your typical camel jockey..like myself ;D /

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=69904.0

there..thats what mohammed looks like!
carpe` vaginum!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 11:01:50 AM »
I wouldn't have guessed. HAHA.

There are no pictures of him, because I hear you get killed for drawing him.
But I guess that stops the why does Muhammad look white debate. :D
Z

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 11:10:44 AM »
1)well my pop did not smell like roses when i ate rose petals once....ah HA!

2) no wayyyy..i seriously didn't know that and i always wanted to ask this jewish kid that takes classes at the school i teach at...but i didn't wanna offend him...

ok one more

where is the other shoe in the middle of the road?

1. Toxy, while it's very charming, I don't think I really know you well enough to have compenious discussions with you about your pooping habits  :-*

2. Yes, it's true.  I've also seen hair clips and berrettes, but that look is very tacky, and usually only seen on very geeky people.

3.  Someone told me once that when you see only one shoe in the middle of the road, it probably belonged to a professional assassin. Apparently after they've wacked somebody, they get rid of anything that might tie them to the crime, soooo...throw their shoes out the window, one at a time, miles from the other on some highway somewhere...

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »
The other is thatThe acceptance of Jesus into your life is the only prerequisite to going to heaven.

I've always disliked this statement.  What about little African pygmies living in the jungle at the time of Christ?  There is no way they could possibly accept Jesus without ever hearing his name.  And to send people to eternal fire simply because they were born in the wrong place and time doesn't sound "omnibenevolent."  Care to explain?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 11:56:16 AM »
I've always disliked this statement.  What about little African pygmies living in the jungle at the time of Christ?  There is no way they could possibly accept Jesus without ever hearing his name.  And to send people to eternal fire simply because they were born in the wrong place and time doesn't sound "omnibenevolent."  Care to explain?

It's an irrational legend perpetuated by people who are in some need of psychological comfort in their lives.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 12:01:58 PM »
It's an irrational legend perpetuated by people who are in some need of psychological comfort in their lives.

That is interesting, but what does that have to do with my question?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »
I wouldn't have guessed. HAHA.

I hear you get killed for drawing him.

crap and i just i looked like him.. 

note to self :break out the kun-foo if anyone with a beard approaches within 10 feet. >:(
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 12:26:47 PM »
1. Toxy, while it's very charming, I don't think I really know you well enough to have compenious discussions with you about your pooping habits  :-*

i'm most charming when i poop!  :D  btw did ya know grape koolaid will turn it green...i tried..twas like festive poop!

i sat on the potty with a banjo on my knee...!

3.  Someone told me once that when you see only one shoe in the middle of the road, it probably belonged to a professional assassin. Apparently after they've wacked somebody, they get rid of anything that might tie them to the crime, soooo...throw their shoes out the window, one at a time, miles from the other on some highway somewhere...

soooomeone  eh?

Note to self : dont trust deedee
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 12:28:06 PM »
I've always disliked this statement.  What about little African pygmies living in the jungle at the time of Christ?  There is no way they could possibly accept Jesus without ever hearing his name. 

thats one of my problems with the christian faith..

in jewish religion and islam they get to go to heaven if they lived a good life..(i could be wrong on that...i usually make this stuff up as i go along  ;D  )
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 12:45:21 PM »
i'm most charming when i poop!  :D  btw did ya know grape koolaid will turn it green...i tried..twas like festive poop!

i sat on the potty with a banjo on my knee...!

I didn't know this fascinating fact about grape koolaid...I am however well aware of how much men looovvvveee their pooping activities, as well as unbelievable amount of time spent in the pooping chamber >:( ... I think it's because you guys can't create life the way we can...

soooomeone  eh?
Note to self : dont trust deedee

;) I would never betray a confidence...but you have to admit, I just whipped out that answer...I'm ON FIRE today!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 12:51:33 PM »
I didn't know this fascinating fact about grape koolaid...I am however well aware of how much men looovvvveee their pooping activities, as well as unbelievable amount of time spent in the pooping chamber >:( ... I think it's because you guys can't create life the way we can...

;) I would never betray a confidence...but you have to admit, I just whipped out that answer...I'm ON FIRE today!

http://www.poopreport.com/Intellectual/Content/Dye/dye.html    ;D

actually unless i'm in the middle of a great book i'm an in and out kinda guy. courtsey flush and make it quick.

btw folks i have a potentially cute girl engaged in convo with me about poop..
just imagine what i can do at a bar and non poop related stuff  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 01:04:52 PM »
http://www.poopreport.com/Intellectual/Content/Dye/dye.html    ;D

actually unless i'm in the middle of a great book i'm an in and out kinda guy. courtsey flush and make it quick.

I feel so close to you right now... :D 

btw folks i have a potentially cute girl engaged in convo with me about poop..
just imagine what i can do at a bar and non poop related stuff  ;D

Glad I could help you practice...it's important to stay on top of your game!  ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 01:11:32 PM »
I feel so close to you right now... :D 

damn i shoulda gone for "i dont poop at all"...  :D

Glad I could help you practice...it's important to stay on top of your game!  ;)

yes yes it is...

c'mere and lets practice somemore.. :)

k i let class go early and had be 2 becks...Toxic's turned into a lightweight  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 01:13:37 PM »
All paths lead to the one God. The God of Abraham. Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

God judges all on judgement day.Only God knows who will be going to heaven.
That is why he is omnibenevolent.
Personally I believe in following Jesus's example and believing in him as he is God. With faith in Jesus I have a path to heaven. If you choose not to, or have never heard of Jesus, then you take your chance at Judgement day.
Z