Author Topic: Why Christianity?  (Read 5175 times)

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
Why Christianity?
« on: May 07, 2006, 10:50:57 AM »
Why Christianity? Why is it "The way, the truth and the life?" There has been millions of religions throughout the course of time. Some still exist, some don't, and many have been forgotten. So out of all those religions why is Christianity the one?

thisiskeith12

Re: Why Christianity?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »
why NOT?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 12:33:26 PM »
I once heard an evangilist say, "All religions are right, just some are more right then others."

Talk to a serous Muslim, Jew, Buddist etc...  They are all convince there's is right.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 03:09:47 PM »
Hence my stance.  there is no right religion.  Religion is man made and created becuase people needed to believe in something greater than themselves. 

MIAMI BLUE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 03:41:30 PM »
because it simply is the religion of our time and place no more no less.

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 09:15:36 PM »
Why Christianity? Why is it "The way, the truth and the life?" There has been millions of religions throughout the course of time. Some still exist, some don't, and many have been forgotten. So out of all those religions why is Christianity the one?

two anseres hear.

1. it is a way but not the only way. meany people belive there religon is the only way and will not see anything from another prospective.

2. Christeanety was the religon of the most powerful empire ever to exist (the Romen Empire). christeanety used the empire's sise and power to spred it self. when rome fell a power vacume was left in its place. the squabling fudel state where still unighted only by the churce that existed as the last construct of Romen power. when the dark ages ended misonarys cared the faith to the new word and all the othere places it traveld. to say the least christen misanares where brutel people they used the kingdoms power that backed them to destroy the old culture and religons that the native people held befor them. after the old culter was compleatly eraticated the native people where forsed to adoped the ways of there overseres. christens are not the only religon guilty of this. the moslems gaind most of there falowers using a simaler methid back in the 8th centurey A.D. basickly what keped christeanety alive was the furosety of there misonary campain.
unknown

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 11:48:21 AM »
your a terrible speller
Valhalla awaits.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 12:22:28 PM »
your a terrible speller

It should be you're a terrible speller. 

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 09:17:23 PM »
I have dislexia.
unknown

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 03:36:42 PM »
I have dislexia.
AVBG is right (thanks AVBG).  We can easily understand what you mean.  :)   And as you can see, some of us that don't have dyslexia have a hard time spelling too!

That being said, I believe that belief in Christ is the way because the bible states that this is so.  And why do I believe the bible is correct?  Because of fulfilled prophecy and prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled but is in place to occur.  Those are the more empirical reasons.  The other reasons are more emotional and have to do w/faith.

In any case, I'm grateful that we live in a country where we are free to believe how we choose.  It's up to us to investigate and decide which is true.  Because what if we don't want to look at Christianity because it seems to "narrow" but it's the only way? 

I have a friend that is trying everything BUT Christianity.  She owes it to herself to look into it, because what if its true?  It's up to each of us to investigate! :)
R

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »

In any case, I'm grateful that we live in a country where we are free to believe how we choose.  It's up to us to investigate and decide which is true.  Because what if we don't want to look at Christianity because it seems to "narrow" but it's the only way? 

I have a friend that is trying everything BUT Christianity.  She owes it to herself to look into it, because what if its true?  It's up to each of us to investigate! :)

Word  :)