Author Topic: Islam isn't the only violent religion  (Read 1964 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Islam isn't the only violent religion
« on: September 15, 2006, 10:42:17 AM »
Pastors seek police help, get beatings
Hindu mobs attack Christian leaders, who are harassed by authorities
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Christian pastors in India's "beautiful country" district in Karnataka state, where the government website highlights a native dance as a "common form of worship," are facing an apparently organized pattern of arrest, destruction of property and beatings for their faith.

A recent series of episodes highlighted by Voice of the Martyrs, which works with persecuted Christians worldwide, illustrates the concern.

The attacks started late one recent evening when a pastor's rented house was broken into by a gang of militant Hindus who accused Pastor Joseph of not bowing before Hindu gods, officials said.

The 50-year-old leader has shepherded 18 families at the Kodambi Village Church in Hankaltaluk in Karnataka State for several years.

He was forced from his home in the middle of the night as the Hindus threw his personal belongings out of his home and accused him of converting Hindus to Christianity, officials said. The attackers loaded Pastor Joseph's possessions onto a tractor and then sent him to the Mundgode police station, about 20 miles away.

Police there took him into custody, ignored his possessions, but released him a short time later.

The province of Karnataka spreads over the Deccan Plateau and covers about 7 percent of the nation of India, holding a population of about 45 million. The name reportedly comes from the word "Kari-Nadu," meaning black soil or beautiful country, the government's website explains.

The government's document also explains that the region's "religion" includes the "popular belief … that the almighty power enters the human body and blesses the people."

The region is known for its grandiose temples, the Gomata colossus and the pursuit of lives of "good conduct and self-surrender" which are supposed to lead to "spiritual vision in celestrial songs," the government explains.

Officials said when Pastor Johnson, a senior Christian leader in the Dakshina Kannada district, and a local Christian, David Chacko, went to visit the Mundgode police station to try to resolve the situation, they were the victims of a militant conspiracy with police and were attacked before they let Chacko's home, and dragged to the police station.

The arrest was again followed by harassment, after which they were set free, officials said.
Pastor Chandrakanth

Meanwhile, the attackers also chased Pastor Chandrakanth, an evangelist from the village, and began hunting for other pastors nearby.

"The Voice of the Martyrs has since assisted in providing shelter in a nearby city for Pastor Chandrakanth, who desires to continue his evangelization of the area despite stiff opposition," Voice of the Martyrs said.

VOM was launched by Rev. Richard Wurmbrand, who wrote "Tortured for Christ" about his experiences representing Christ in war-torn Europe. His testimony, and ministry's work, has spread around the globe.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Islam isn't the only violent religion
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 11:55:10 AM »
Violence in the name of religion....Imagine that?

There isn't a religion on Earth who hasn't been guilty of this at one time or another.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 12:05:12 PM »
Yep!  That's why I say it's not about the religion.

Religion<>God  (Religion does not equal God), yet many people see it this way. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:17:06 PM »
yeah i know it's sad...

I don't know if you remember reading a while ago, i have a very good friend i've known for almost 20 years who's a pastor.  He just recently seperated from his wife.  Very sad and it looks like they won't get back together.  Well, last week he shows up in Las VEgas where i was helping put on a convention in the business we both consult for. 

This guy partied his butt off.  He went to strip clubs got drunk etc...

He told me his faith has been shattered and is in the process of blaming god for it.  In other words he's mad at god.

It amazes me how people find ways to hold themsleves together (in this case religion) so they don't over the deep end..  that's why, although i don;t like religion it does serve a purpose at times.  Unfortunately, the damage the guilt he'll feel afterwards will last longer i feel and will not benefit him in the long run.

It's too bad.  I asked him to think about how he would behave and live his life if god didn't exsist.  I said aside from lusting after women, chances are he'd being living in a way god wanted him to.

People need need to get in touch with god that way more.  that's why i say God is inside us.  Becuase even if we don;t believe in GOD, our good nature in our hearts is evidence of GOD inside us.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 12:27:42 PM »
Wow!  That IS sad, man.   :-\  I hope he continues to dialogue with God, even if he's mad. Jonah was mad at God too, but God still did a great work.  I've been mad at God so many times.  I really hope your friend continues his walk, and it's great that he has a friend like you.  Hope God uses you in a great way to help the pastor out. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 12:38:27 PM »
Wow!  That IS sad, man.   :-\  I hope he continues to dialogue with God, even if he's mad. Jonah was mad at God too, but God still did a great work.  I've been mad at God so many times.  I really hope your friend continues his walk, and it's great that he has a friend like you.  Hope God uses you in a great way to help the pastor out. 

He should be ok.  Everyone is a little insane the first year they are divorced.  He'll come back down to Earth and find himself (god) again.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 12:46:46 PM »
He should be ok.  Everyone is a little insane the first year they are divorced.  He'll come back down to Earth and find himself (god) again.
It's good that he has you as a friend.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 09:41:56 PM »
Islam is a violent religion?

You have disappointed me today Colossus  :'(
follow the arrows

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 03:38:49 AM »
Islam is a violent religion?

You have disappointed me today Colossus  :'(

Of course it is. It's also satanic and destroys the liberties of minorities.

The jizya must be paid by minorities under islamic rule.

Christians aren't allowed to build new churches OR repair them.

Do you have to pay a tax for being the minority in the US?
الاسلام هو شيطانية