Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

building up the inner chest

(1/7) > >>

chrisg:
What should I do to build part of the chest like on the outside of the sternum towards the middle? Thanks.

LatsMcGee:
Lose some body fat and incline press.

apk19:
Unless someone wants to correct me...nothing. The muscles in pectorals contract as one. There is no way of isolating one half of a muscle (ie. the inner part of the pectoral). It's genetic. Build up a bigger chest and you should see imporvements in your inner chest.

I'd make sure to try and balance your upper pecs with your lower pecs.

Aido:

--- Quote from: apk19 on October 18, 2005, 01:11:45 AM ---Unless someone wants to correct me...nothing. The muscles in pectorals contract as one. There is no way of isolating one half of a muscle (ie. the inner part of the pectoral). It's genetic. Build up a bigger chest and you should see imporvements in your inner chest.

I'd make sure to try and balance your upper pecs with your lower pecs.

--- End quote ---

Do these two statements not contradict each other? Of course you can bring more of a certain area of the chest into different excercise, hence the difference between incline, flat and deline excercises.  Sure the whole muscle contracts at the same time, but you can empasis that contraction to a certain region of the mucles.

For your inner chest, try hold two dumbbells together with yourand pushing them into each other with a degree of force, this will emphasis the contraction in your inner chest, you then lower them to your chest ( do not let themor your arms touch off you) and back up, all the while maintaining the pressure between the two.

This should work for you.

big E:
Its not that your not doing the right exercises. You need to get the mind muscle connection in that area. Without mind muscle connection, theres only so far you can go with muscle growth, period.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version