Getbig Alternative Boards > Y Board - The Player's Club

Cardio

<< < (119/119)

Grape Ape:
I may have to give it a shot.

oldtimer1:
I might give it a shot but I wonder if it works? https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-latest-on-glucosaminechondroitin-supplements-2016101710391

When I have joint issues I take an anti inflammatory prescription drug called meloxicam. For me at least it works insanely well. Arthritis runs in my family and I have been abusing my body since I was a teenager with working out. I hurt my foot years ago and the doc gave me 7.5 MG of the stuff. While I was taking it for the foot I noticed my bad shoulders felt amazing. Also felt great going down stairs in the morning where I normally go down like Frankenstein until my joints are warmed up. With the drug I flew down the stairs like a teenager in the morning.

Recently I have been feeling pain on one hip joint all the way down to the knee. I was limping around. On another occasion a doc gave me 25mg of meloxicam that I had in the medicine cabinet. It worked like a miracle on my hip and leg. The pain was gone in two days. I actually trained legs yesterday.  On my third day of the stuff. It's Wednesday and I think I should be good to go for a long run this coming Friday. I guess I'm a super reactor to the drug.

chaos:

--- Quote from: oldtimer1 on April 17, 2024, 04:21:11 PM ---I might give it a shot but I wonder if it works? https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/the-latest-on-glucosaminechondroitin-supplements-2016101710391

When I have joint issues I take an anti inflammatory prescription drug called meloxicam. For me at least it works insanely well. Arthritis runs in my family and I have been abusing my body since I was a teenager with working out. I hurt my foot years ago and the doc gave me 7.5 MG of the stuff. While I was taking it for the foot I noticed my bad shoulders felt amazing. Also felt great going down stairs in the morning where I normally go down like Frankenstein until my joints are warmed up. With the drug I flew down the stairs like a teenager in the morning.

Recently I have been feeling pain on one hip joint all the way down to the knee. I was limping around. On another occasion a doc gave me 25mg of meloxicam that I had in the medicine cabinet. It worked like a miracle on my hip and leg. The pain was gone in two days. I actually trained legs yesterday.  On my third day of the stuff. It's Wednesday and I think I should be good to go for a long run this coming Friday. I guess I'm a super reactor to the drug.

--- End quote ---
I couldn't help you with the arthritis side of glu/chon but I know that my joints/tendons felt better after about a month on it. Consistency is key with it, you really need to keep on it to feel the effects. I feel like it helps with the recovery from workouts.

--- Quote from: CalvinH on April 17, 2024, 05:42:44 AM ---After a month and I can tell the difference. It does really help with leg and back tightness.

--- End quote ---
Sounds about right 4-6 weeks is typical for starting to feel better.

CalvinH:

--- Quote from: Grape Ape on April 17, 2024, 06:37:51 AM ---I may have to give it a shot.

--- End quote ---

Try it but like chaos said it takes about 4-6 weeks before you notice it helping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version