Author Topic: Jordan Peters - big squat - wonder what his BP was..?  (Read 12378 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Jordan Peters - big squat - wonder what his BP was..?
« on: February 20, 2020, 07:42:41 AM »
Someone mentioned him recently in another thread so I thought I'd take a peek:  7 Feb squatting 7 and a half plates here...

Looking good for 31 years old.

Nice shade of purple (believe it's know as 'Boysenberry/Oxymethelone')

Anyone know if he is still associated in any way with RedCon1..?

(No I haven't tampered with the color saturation)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8RfpezFcMc/
T

willl

• Getbig III
Re: Jordan Peters - big squat - wonder what his BP was..?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 07:48:44 AM »
unusually deep and marked (very high androgen related i'm speculating) grooves on that young man's face
he's previously said 5gr of T wasn't worth the sides it gave him...

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 07:51:29 AM »
The next Dallas McCarver.

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 07:55:51 AM »
OMG! Put him to the top of the 2020 deadpool rankings!

B R

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 07:56:38 AM »
Colour coordinated his face with his mrs’ leggings.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 08:01:20 AM »
Thanks Taffin. I feel good about myself for looking 10 years younger than that guy despite being 10 years older.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 08:10:04 AM »
Someone mentioned him recently in another thread so I thought I'd take a peek:  7 Feb squatting 7 and a half plates here...

Looking good for 31 years old.

He's only 31!!!!!!

DAMN... Looks a lot older

That deep near purple color has to do with is breathing.... holding too much internal pressure.

One thing all BBers need to learn to do is NOT HOLD THEIR BREATH!!!!

Yeah it may make you feel stronger, but the pressure on the blood vessels and heart and lungs can get enormous to the point of causing blackouts, nose bleeds, unconsciousness

C

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 08:12:45 AM »

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 08:47:26 AM »
unusually deep and marked (very high androgen related i'm speculating) grooves on that young man's face

We had this discussion here before.

Apparently -according to Jordan ,himself -the grooves are from the  oxygen mask he wears for his sleep apnoea.

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 09:02:27 AM »
We've had this discussion here before.

Apparently -according to Jordan ,himself -the grooves are from the  oxygen mask he wears for his sleep apnoea.

sounds totally believable
he must be tightening that sucker real hard

masks don't have such a tight opening around the nose though

in any case, there are solutions for people who experience temporary face lines from masks..

according to Jordan though, forehead wrinkles are formed when sleeping face down on pillows with loose/wrinkled pillow sheets

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 09:11:09 AM »
I know he has a reputation for honesty but the face mask explanation feels a bit of a reach - Google shows they've all got soft/rounded/cushioned edges - does he cut them off to make them sharp or something..?

I also seem to recall another young guy who was on heavy doses and started to get the 'heavy features' type of look... wonder if that was CPAP mask related too?  Who knew bodybuilders had such delicate faces...  ::)

T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 09:12:39 AM »
sounds totally believable
he must be tightening that sucker real hard

according to Jordan though, forehead wrinkles are formed when sleeping face down on pillows with loose/wrinkled pillow sheets

;D
T

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 10:59:59 AM »
Someone mentioned him recently in another thread so I thought I'd take a peek:  7 Feb squatting 7 and a half plates here...

Looking good for 81 years old.

Indeed, few people his age can hold that size, let alone squat.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 11:02:10 AM »
C

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 11:53:47 AM »
So far ive learned about sleep induced aging with wrinkles from sleeping on your face with loose covered pillows and oxygen masks causing facial lines. Now i'm wondering about the damage of sun/eye glasses and hats.

My major concern is we are 15 comments deep and NO ONE has pointed out the fact that this squat is done on a Smith machine.....

What has this place become?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 11:56:21 AM »

That's a condition called "Argyria".  The man in the photo is Paul Karason.  The press reported his story in 2007, and those pictures are real.

Taffin did not tamper with the colour saturation on that photo.  ;D

Karason consumed homemade silver chloride colloid and used a silver salve on his face.  :-X

He passed away in 2013 of a heart attack and a stroke [I think both at the same time].

Back to the fellow that Taffin posted, shown squatting, this blurb was from the Instagram page linked in the OP:

trainedbyjp
More squat session wisdom from a week ago - i look like I have been punched in the face as I just did 7 and half plates and now going back in for a back off set. I am fascinated by human potential , it’s a big driving force for me , in terms of pushing levels of muscularity and pushing strength. Now, because of social media , human potential is rocketing , if your not pulling 400kg from the floor - you aren’t relevant in the pull game ( and man it won’t be long until 500 is a regular thing either ) , if you aren’t pressing the 100kg dumbells or incline barbell pressing 5 plates , you aren’t relevant in the Push game.......it is all one big game - well it is in my head , but it’s a game I want to be good at ! This mindset blurs lines a lot between powerlifting and bodybuilding , so if your a bodybuilder , please just standardise your form to reap the benefits. The game gives you a chance to push your limits every time you step in the gym, can you beat your best 8 rep, your best 20 rep lift ? ( with good form, meh so boring that has to be said over and Over) Who inspires you to push for more? - tag your favs so we can watch their stuff. For me , squatting - it’s @85gunit , I think about him a lot because he so damn good but also so damn nice and always helps me when I ask, so check him out. #trainedbyjp 📽 @magiceyemedia

With respect to the bolded portion of the blurb above:

[1] Is social media the driving force behind the recent increases in gains on the deadlift?  I would attribute it to {1} use of the elephant bar that has more bend than the regular bar, and so breaking inertia doesn't start until a little later into the lift, {2} the straps that allow the bar to hang down a little more than conventional straps thus reducing the range of motion for the lift, and {3} the fact that generally those lifting 1000-lb [454-kg] are strongmen, where hitching is allowed.  I don't think that the deadlift has gone up very much in standard powerlifting terms since Andy Bolton's 1003-lb deadlift at the WPC World's in 2006:

[2] Even using the standards above [wonky elephant bar, extra strength/grip straps, and strongman form with hitching], does anyone think that 500-kg will be a regular thing?  I mean - how many guys currently do 454-kg [1000-lb]?  I know we have Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornsson, Brian Shaw, Jerry Pritchett, Jean-Francois Caron, in addition to Andy Bolton [whose record in real raw deadlift is, I believe, 1009-lb in 2009], and Benedikt Magnússon [who hit 1015-lb in 2011].  I know I am probably missing some other 1000-lb deadlifters in there.  Still though - even if there are 12 guys who can deadlift 1000-lb, I don't think we can really call it a "regular thing".  I guess it's open to opinion what exactly "regular thing" means.

I admire his motivation - and after seeing him talk normally, I was happy to say he looked younger than he did when he was turning purple from deep squatting, but I must say - I do fear for the health of these guys.  As much as I enjoy being entertained by them, I don't want them to die for me.

You know?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 12:01:26 PM »
That's a condition called "Argyria".  The man in the photo is Paul Karason.  The press reported his story in 2007, and those pictures are real.

Taffin did not tamper with the colour saturation on that photo.  ;D

Karason consumed homemade silver chloride colloid and used a silver salve on his face.  :-X

He passed away in 2013 of a heart attack and a stroke [I think both at the same time].

This blurb was from the Instagram page linked in the OP.

With respected to the bolded portion of the blurb above:

[1] Is social media the driving force behind the recent increases in gains on the deadlift?  I would attribute it to {1} use of the elephant bar that has more bend than the regular bar, and so breaking inertia doesn't start until a little later into the lift, {2} the straps that allow the bar to hang down a little more than conventional straps, and {3} the fact that generally, those lifting 1000-lb [454-kg] are strongman, where hitching is allowed.  I don't think that the deadlift has gone up very much in standard powerlifting terms since Andy Bolton's 1003-lb deadlift at the WPC World's in 2006:

[2] Even using the above standards above [wonky elephant bar, extra strength/grip straps, and strongman form with hitching], does anyone think that 500-kg will be a regular thing?  I mean - how many guys currently do 454-kg [1000-lb]?  I know we have Eddie Hall, Hafthor Bjornsson, Brian Shaw, Jerry Pritchett, Jean-Francois Caron, in addition to Andy Bolton [whose record in real raw deadlift is, I believe, 1009-lb in 2009], and Benedikt Magnússon [who hit 1015-lb in 2011].  I know I am probably missing some other 1000-lb deadlifters in there.  Still though - even if there are 12 guys who can deadlift 1000-lb, I don't think we can really call it a "regular thing".  I guess it's open to opinion what exactly "regular thing" means.

I admire his motivation - and after seeing him talk normally, I was happy to say he looked younger than he did when he was turning purple from deep squatting, but I must say - I do fear for the health of these guys.  As much as I enjoy being entertained by them, I don't want them to die for me.

You know?

Hi Matt.

I just wanted you to know that these lifts that are taking place have ZERO to do with you or your entertainment. These guys never once thought they'll "win one for the Matter."

I'm sorry to be so blunt but its something I thought you should know and I'd rather you hear this from Getbig and not find out some other way that could be embarrassing to you.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 12:11:58 PM »
Thanks Taffin. I feel good about myself for looking 10 years younger than that guy despite being 10 years older.

Não tem de quê!   :)

So far ive learned about sleep induced aging with wrinkles from sleeping on your face with loose covered pillows and oxygen masks causing facial lines. Now i'm wondering about the damage of sun/eye glasses and hats[1].

My major concern is we are 15 comments deep and NO ONE has pointed out the fact that this squat is done on a Smith machine[2].....

1.  LOL @ 'hat damage'

2.  Yeah, and 'spotted' by a guuuuurl.....   

That's a condition called "Argyria"

No - that's a condition called "Papa Smurf" 
T

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 12:18:32 PM »
Hi Matt.

I just wanted you to know that these lifts that are taking place have ZERO to do with you or your entertainment. These guys never once thought they'll "win one for the Matter."

I'm sorry to be so blunt but its something I thought you should know and I'd rather you hear this from Getbig and not find out some other way that could be embarrassing to you.

That may be true for all of us as individuals...but I can't help but to wonder if, collectively, the sum of all fandom that these guys receive is part of why they do it.

In other words - if the powerlifting and strongman fan base wasn't what it was, and the social media Likes weren't what they were, as well as prize money wasn't as high [more fans = more prize money], etc, would these guys still be driven to achieve what they do?

Are there any guys anywhere in the world who have taken powerlifting to that level who weren't doing it for the love of the fans and the prize money, and all the other recognition that comes with it, at that level?

Then I ask myself - is it the fans in general, who drive the market, causing these guys to push themselves at that level?  If yes, then how am I contributing to the aggregate demand in that market?  It's not a matter of me doing it individually - it's that I am part of the overall market that pushes these guys to the next level.

I remember in 2002, my friend was saying I should stop eating meat.  I told him I don't eat very much meat, and only result in a few animals being killed each year.  He said "Yes, but you're contributing to aggregate demand."  He wasn't wrong.

Although speaking of being wrong, this video says Andy Bolton hit a 1008-lb deadlift in 2009, not 1009-lb as I said it was.  Although it sounds like the announcer calls it 457.5-kg, which is 1008.6-lb.  Here is the video:

^ Bolton's lockout looked better than his lockout for 1003-lb did in 2006.  I remember there was some speculation on here at the time that no human being would be able to complete a full lockout with 1000-lb, so it looks like that has since been proven wrong.  :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 12:25:09 PM »
As I skim swiftly past Matt Cs War & Peace sized posts without reading them of course.......... so I can reply I would say his BP is approximately 120 over 70.

Roast Beef Pecs

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 12:38:36 PM »
Jordan Peters represents TRUE BODYBUILDING. Men like him come along very infrequently. Dorian Yates was another one. And Greg Kovacs. Big men moving tons of iron. I rank Jordan Peters over Ronnie Coleman.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 12:46:41 PM »
On a side note, anyone got a link to those squat straps he is holding?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2020, 12:46:44 PM »
Possibly the ugliest man ever to exist

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2020, 01:05:30 PM »
Possibly the ugliest man ever to exist

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2020, 01:36:38 PM »
That may be true for all of us as individuals...but I can't help but to wonder if, collectively, the sum of all fandom that these guys receive is part of why they do it.

In other words - if the powerlifting and strongman fan base wasn't what it was, and the social media Likes weren't what they were, as well as prize money wasn't as high [more fans = more prize money], etc, would these guys still be driven to achieve what they do?

Are there any guys anywhere in the world who have taken powerlifting to that level who weren't doing it for the love of the fans and the prize money, and all the other recognition that comes with it, at that level?

Then I ask myself - is it the fans in general, who drive the market, causing these guys to push themselves at that level?  If yes, then how am I contributing to the aggregate demand in that market?  It's not a matter of me doing it individually - it's that I am part of the overall market that pushes these guys to the next level.

I remember in 2002, my friend was saying I should stop eating meat.  I told him I don't eat very much meat, and only result in a few animals being killed each year.  He said "Yes, but you're contributing to aggregate demand."  He wasn't wrong.

Although speaking of being wrong, this video says Andy Bolton hit a 1008-lb deadlift in 2009, not 1009-lb as I said it was.  Although it sounds like the announcer calls it 457.5-kg, which is 1008.6-lb.  Here is the video:

^ Bolton's lockout looked better than his lockout for 1003-lb did in 2006.  :)

Matt did you compete in Thunderbay's strongest man because of the attention or "fandom"? Or did you compete because you wanted to see find out what you were capable of, to find out how you strength measured against other competitors?

These are all "vanity"/self focused endeavors. The "fans" are minuscule. Even with its "popularity" being at an all time high most of these contests aren't attended unless there is some other event tied to it.

Its competition bro.