Author Topic: 2021 Deathpool thread  (Read 65499 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: 2021 Deathpool thread
« Reply #425 on: September 06, 2021, 02:38:23 PM »

JUST IN - 'The Wire' actor Michael K. Williams found dead in his apartment in New York from possible drug overdose.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #426 on: September 06, 2021, 03:57:55 PM »

JUST IN - 'The Wire' actor Michael K. Williams found dead in his apartment in New York from possible drug overdose.

A really good actor.

Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire.

Fentanyl overdose. 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #427 on: September 06, 2021, 04:01:21 PM »
How do these dudes be getting all these painkillers I can't even get good aloe for my sunburn

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: September 06, 2021, 04:02:25 PM »
How do these dudes be getting all these painkillers I can't even get good aloe for my sunburn

He was a lifelong addict.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #429 on: September 06, 2021, 06:24:10 PM »
Michael Kenneth Williams (November 22, 1966 – September 6, 2021)
Born in Flatbush, Brooklyn to a Bahamian mother and an American father, Williams started his career as a dancer, working with artists such as George Michael and Madonna. Among his first acting roles was in the 1996 film Bullet alongside Tupac Shakur. He played Omar Little on the HBO drama series The Wire and Albert "Chalky" White on the HBO series Boardwalk Empire. He was also acclaimed for his role as Jack Gee, husband of Bessie Smith, in the HBO telefilm biopic Bessie. He acted in supporting roles in a number of films and television series, including The Road, Inherent Vice, The Night Of, Gone Baby Gone, 12 Years a Slave, When We Rise, When They See Us, and Hap and Leonard. Williams received three Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie nominations for his roles in Bessie (2015), The Night Of (2016) and When They See Us (2019). Among Williams’ more recent performances are Montrose Freeman in HBO’s Lovecraft Country, for which he received a 2021 Emmy nomination for outstanding supporting actor in a drama series. Williams died on the morning of September 6, 2021, at the age of 54. He was found in his Brooklyn residence on Monday afternoon, the New York Police Department confirmed.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #430 on: September 06, 2021, 06:42:16 PM »
Drugs like Fentanyl and Meth are "harmless" and should be made legal so the Government can "control"  their sale you and make money off taxing addicts.

If you feel that way you may well wind up like my late brother or this fuckwit "actor" who just OD'd.  Dead.   Addicts are a drain on CIVILIZATION and pushers should be pushed off cliffs.    It is one thing to "declare" a war on drugs and another to actually wage one.  The former is nothing but pompous posturing whilst the latter is what is needed.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2021, 01:20:58 AM »

He was great on "Boardwalk Empire".

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2021, 03:56:13 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #433 on: September 07, 2021, 06:45:37 PM »
Sylvester McCoy pays tribute to Tony Selby after Doctor Who star’s death aged 83

Sylvester McCoy has paid tribute to his Doctor Who co-star Tony Selby, who died last week at the age of 83.

Selby played a character called Sabalom Glitz, a rogue who encountered Sylvester McCoy’s Seventh Doctor in the long-running show’s 24th series during a storyline titled Dragonfire.

In total, Selby appeared in nine episodes of the iconic sci-fi drama, having shared the screen with Colin Baker’s Sixth Doctor in two previous arcs.

Following the news that Selby had died, a heartfelt message was shared from McCoy’s official Twitter page, describing the late actor as a “warm, merry, generous person”.

McCoy’s tribute reads: “Just heard the sad sad news that Tony Selby has died. A popular member of the Doctor Who family. He was such a warm, merry, generous person. And it was always a joy to meet him socially.”

News of Selby’s death was first reported by his talent agency LCM Limited, which announced he had died peacefully in London yesterday and honoured his decades-long career.

“With great sadness we announce that actor Tony Selby passed away peacefully in London yesterday,” the statement began. “In a career spanning 70 years in theatre, film and TV, Tony was highly respected and loved by family, friends and colleagues. His renowned sense of humour will be missed by us all.”

Selby starred in a wide variety of other television shows during his life, including guest roles in Stan Lee’s Lucky Man on Sky One, medical soap Doctors, popular sitcom My Family and ITV crime drama Midsomer Murders.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/tony-selby-death-doctor-who-sylvester-mccoy-tribute-newsupdate/?fbclid=IwAR0hE4CIbyKTwHeAW4AC7vIjG-PKaIn9-8X3vBUQorWLgn4DW5o4RU40MYI

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #434 on: September 07, 2021, 07:00:22 PM »
You Owe It to Yourself to Watch Michael K. Williams and Anthony Bourdain Explore Brooklyn

On the series finale of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, which first aired in 2012, Bourdain and Williams walked around Williams' home neighborhood of East Flatbush. They eventually make their way over to Crown Heights where they eat at the famed Caribbean restaurant Gloria's and coincidentally run into Jamie Hector, who co-starred with Williams on The Wire.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/michael-k-williams-anthony-bourdain-brooklyn-clip

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #435 on: September 09, 2021, 05:53:01 PM »
Art Metrano, 'Police Academy' Actor and Comic, Dead at 84

Art Metrano -- the stand-up comedian known for his role in the "Police Academy" sequels -- has died of natural causes ... according to his family.

Art's son, Harry, tells TMZ ... his father passed at his home Wednesday in Aventura, Florida. Harry says he didn't just lose his dad, but also his best friend and mentor. He adds ... "He was and will always be the toughest man I know. I have never met someone who has overcome more adversities than him."

Metrano's career began in the '60s but skyrocketed in the '70s thanks to his performance on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson," in which he performed as The Great Metrano ... a hilarious magic act spoof.

From there, the Brooklyn native began working nightclubs all over the country and performing on famous variety shows like "The Dean Martin Show" and "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In."

He made it to the big screen in 1972's "The Heartbreak Kid" and played DaVinci in Mel Brooks' "History of the World: Part I," and would go on to star as Uncle Rico on "Joanie Loves Chachi."

A couple years later, Art landed perhaps his most famous role in the second and third "Police Academy" films ... as the boss, Ernie Mauser.

Sadly, at the height of his career in 1989, Metrano suffered a severe spinal injury that left him paralyzed. However, he made a remarkable recovery and turned his triumph over adversity into a one-man stage show, "Metrano’s Accidental Comedy" ... in which he emerged from a wheelchair to take a few steps.

Art continued acting until 2001, with his more recent credits including "Party of Five," "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" and "Chicago Hope."

Metrano was 84.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/09/art-metrano-police-academy-actor-comic-dead-at-84/?fbclid=IwAR0DcZMB0cH33tYqYXGSGawYfJkw2WYN7xQ3Mx1r7eia1if7wuEJkvy_3D8

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #436 on: September 09, 2021, 06:23:21 PM »
Michael Constantine, born Gus Efstratiou (May 22, 1927 – August 31, 2021)

He was widely recognized for his portrayal of Kostas "Gus" Portokalos, the father of Toula Portokalos (Nia Vardalos), in the film My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002). Earlier, he earned acclaim for his television work, especially as the long-suffering high school principal, Seymour Kaufman, on ABC's comedy-drama, Room 222, for which he won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 1970; he was again recognized by the Emmy Awards, as well as the Golden Globe Awards, the following year. After the conclusion of Room 222, Constantine portrayed night court magistrate Matthew J. Sirota on the 1976 sitcom Sirota's Court, receiving his second Golden Globe nomination. Constantine reprised his role as Gus Portokalos in My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016).He studied acting with such prominent mentors as Howard Da Silva and played character roles on and off Broadway in his mid-twenties, supplementing his income as a night watchman and shooting-gallery barker. In 1959, he appeared in his first film, The Last Mile (1959). He had a small but memorable supporting role in The Hustler (1961).  Constantine began his career on the New York stage and in the mid-1950s as understudy to Paul Muni in Inherit the Wind. While in the cast, he met and married actress Julianna McCarthy on October 5, 1953; they had two children, Thea Eileen and Brendan Neil. The marriage ended in divorce in 1969, the same year that Constantine began his role on Room 222. Constantine died in Reading, Pennsylvania in August 2021, at the age of 94.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2021, 11:56:50 AM »
Norm MacDonald dies (cancer) what a hilarious bastard. PIP Norm...

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/norm-macdonald-dead-dies-snl-1235064570/

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: September 14, 2021, 12:00:37 PM »

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/norm-macdonald-dead-dies-snl-1235064570/

Fuck
Only just discovered this guy..he was great

this was hilarious

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: September 14, 2021, 01:23:55 PM »

His weekend updates were the best.  You could see some kind of mental decline over the years but he stayed funny.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2021, 06:21:42 PM »
Norman Gene Macdonald (October 17, 1959 – September 14, 2021)

Early in his career, he wrote for the sitcom Roseanne and made guest appearances on shows such as The Drew Carey Show and NewsRadio. Macdonald joined the cast of NBC's Saturday Night Live (SNL) television program in 1993, where he performed impressions of Larry King, Burt Reynolds, David Letterman, Quentin Tarantino, Charles Kuralt, and Bob Dole, among others.

The following year during the show's twentieth season, Macdonald anchored the segment "Weekend Update". Macdonald was famously removed from the "Weekend Update" desk at "SNL" in 1998 by then-NBC chief Don Ohlmeyer, and the comedian publicly said he believed it was because Ohlmeyer didn't like Macdonald's jokes about O.J. Simpson, who was a friend of Ohlmeyer's. Macdonald later left "SNL" altogether.  Soon after leaving Saturday Night Live, Macdonald co-wrote and starred in the "revenge comedy" Dirty Work (1998), directed by Bob Saget, co-starring Artie Lange, and featuring Chris Farley in his last movie; the film was dedicated to his memory. Later that year, Macdonald voiced the character of Lucky the Dog in the Eddie Murphy adaptation of Dr. Dolittle. He reprised the role in both Dr. Dolittle 2 (2001) and Dr. Dolittle 3 (2006).

Macdonald became a frequent guest on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien during its 2009 and 2010 run. He has made frequent appearances on the Internet talk show Tom Green's House Tonight, and on May 20, 2010, was guest host. One of his last projects was Netflix's "Norm Macdonald Has a Show," a pared-down talk show that debuted in 2018 in which the comedian interviewed celebrity guests including Jane Fonda, Drew Barrymore and Letterman for wide-ranging, half-hour conversations. In 1988, Macdonald married Connie Vaillancourt, with whom he has a son, Dylan, born 1993. The couple separated in 1999. Macdonald died on September 14, 2021, nine years after being diagnosed with cancer. His cancer had not been announced prior to his death Macdonald was 61 years old.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #441 on: September 18, 2021, 07:34:24 PM »
Fran Bennett (08/14/37🙏 *09/12/ 21) was a prolific film and television actress who played Fleet Admiral Shanthi in the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" fifth season episode "Redemption II". Seventeen years later Bennett portrayed the second Vulcan midwife beside Jill Lover in J.J. Abrams' 2009 "Star Trek". Her scene, "Spock's Birth", was cut from the final film but is included on the Special Edition DVD and the Blu-ray. According to the call sheet of Monday 16 September 1991, Bennett was up to reprise her role of Admiral Shanthi for the fifth season episode "Unification I" but was replaced by Karen Hensel as Admiral Brackett. She was 84.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: September 18, 2021, 07:57:09 PM »
My nikka

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: September 18, 2021, 08:54:18 PM »
People please pray for my Dad he has a blood clot  :'(

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #444 on: September 18, 2021, 08:57:50 PM »

Hang in there!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: September 19, 2021, 08:57:27 AM »

Where is the clot?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #446 on: September 20, 2021, 07:08:22 PM »
'Friday' Star Anthony Johnson Dead at 55

Anthony Johnson -- best known for his roles in "House Party" and "Friday" -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Johnson's nephew tells us ... A.J. was found lifeless in a store earlier this month in Los Angeles and rushed to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. So far, no cause of death has been released.

The actor and comedian's career took off in 1990 after he landed the role of E.Z.E. in "House Party" and going on to do stand-up all over L.A.

After that, he appeared in films like "Lethal Weapon 3" and "Menace II Society" before his breakout role playing Ezal in the 1995 comedy "Friday."

A.J. would go on to appear in nearly 50 films and TV shows, including "Moesha," "Martin," "Malcolm & Eddie," "The Players Club" and "I Got the Hook Up" and its sequel. It's also rumored Johnson was cast to reprise his role in the upcoming "Last Friday."

Johnson was 55.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2021/09/20/anthony-johnson-friday-star-dead-at-55/?fbclid=IwAR0JQkcTzT_pfZ-PCoYK_1dBjVIhZA3Pau4lGHDKQk5oDlwLYbNAY2FiLYk

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #447 on: September 20, 2021, 11:34:43 PM »

How's he doing..?  Hopefully the meds would have broken it up by now..?
T

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #448 on: September 21, 2021, 06:50:23 PM »
Willie Garson, actor known for 'Sex and the City' and 'White Collar' roles, died at the age of 57

Willie Garson, the character actor known for his roles on "Sex and the City" and "White Collar," died at the age of 57, according to Variety.

A family member confirmed the death to the outlet but did not disclose a cause.

Garson became a familiar face to the millions who watched HBO's "Sex and the City," in which he played talent agent Stanford Blatch, best friend of Sarah Jessica Parker's Carrie Bradshaw. He reprised his role in both films, and had been filming for the network's upcoming revival series, "And Just Like That," Variety reported.

In addition to his work on the series, Garson co-starred as con man Mozzie on USA Network's "White Collar," from 2009 to 2014. The versatile actor was also a mainstay in many films, such as "Little Manhattan," "There's Something About Mary," and "Groundhog Day."

In 2009, Garson adopted his son, Nathen, and continued to be a fierce advocate for adoption.

Nathen memorialized Garson on Instagram on Tuesday.

"I love you so much papa. Rest In Peace and I'm so glad you got to share all your adventures with me and were able to accomplish so much. I'm so proud of you. I will always love you, but I think it's time for you to go on an adventure of your own," he wrote.

https://www.insider.com/willie-garson-dead-at-57-sex-and-the-city-2021-9?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=sf-insider-entertainment&fbclid=IwAR2f-SiINE4UegExl-jyq0PPNrjD1oqv5FnuJ2xvZg9CF7rwcO-Lup4DnJs

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #449 on: September 22, 2021, 05:23:24 PM »
Melvin Van Peebles, the pioneering director and actor, best known for 'Sweet Sweetback's Baadassss Song,' has died at the age of 89.  Rest in peace.