Author Topic: Peloton  (Read 3509 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Peloton
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2021, 12:46:26 AM »
I remember that - didn't it cause a massive world-wide recall of the things?  That must've cost 'em $$

BIG money bro.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2021, 09:20:33 AM »
I had to get a temp job to stick around a shitty area

i took a job working for a guy who had a warehouse and did commercial gym
installs - he would buy out old gyms and we’d go in a take EVERYTHING - lockers , desks , computer screens, fckn lights

we would do expensive home installs - maybe a concept2 rower, a peloton, commercial treadmills - those were common , but we bought more of that ahit than installed - he would tell them he’d buy back equipment when he sold it

the real winners are the dudes who did the home gym in the garage over covid - but after 6 months of smelling your own farts you wonder why you keep hittin training plateaus - no females to stare at, no bigger dudes you can hate on but really use for motivation - starting at yourself and dudes on youtube isn’t the same as REAL LIFE

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2021, 10:36:34 AM »

installs - he would buy out old gyms and we’d go in a take EVERYTHING - lockers , desks , computer screens, fckn lights

we would do expensive home installs - maybe a concept2 rower, a peloton, commercial treadmills - those were common , but we bought more of that ahit than installed - he would tell them he’d buy back equipment when he sold it

the real winners are the dudes who did the home gym in the garage over covid - but after 6 months of smelling your own farts you wonder why you keep hittin training plateaus - no females to stare at, no bigger dudes you can hate on but really use for motivation - starting at yourself and dudes on youtube isn’t the same as REAL LIFE

Clearly a fake story as every Getbigger is the biggest guy in the gym.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2021, 02:25:21 AM »

I would rather smell my own farts than the farts of others.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2022, 01:46:58 PM »
This thread deserves a bump:

Peloton to pause production of its Bikes, treadmills as demand wanes

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/20/peloton-to-pause-production-of-its-bikes-treadmills-as-demand-wanes.html

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2022, 01:49:25 PM »
If Kendall is looking for work I know a way she could earn a few bucks the hard way:

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2022, 01:51:41 PM »
This thread deserves a bump:

Peloton to pause production of its Bikes, treadmills as demand wanes

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/20/peloton-to-pause-production-of-its-bikes-treadmills-as-demand-wanes.html

They had a great run, but as gyms open, people want to go back, just my guess. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 01:52:20 PM »
Everybody lifts things. It's all relative.

Not everybody, hardly . . . . . .  :D  :D  :D   ;)  ;)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 02:19:11 PM »
I still use mine and I can see how it would get monotonous. I’m sure it’ll do the same as CrossFit. The doe harders will stick with it. I still ride 3-4 times a week, it’s low impact for me but I may start swimming again to break it up a bit.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2022, 04:57:05 PM »
They've had an interesting trajectory.  What would have been  a better way to run this company?

On one hand, there's some obvious faults in building a company around a piece of  expensive, heavy-duty equipment that rarely needs to be serviced or replaced. On the other hand, the founder of peloton said that he actually wanted to use off the shelf components to make basically an online media company, but there was nothing on the market that could do what he wanted and customers responded better to higher prices. The recurring revenue stream made sense to a certain degree, but there are all sorts of flaws with it in practice. I think they were in a unique position to get dicked around by a covid bump. They maybe could have been fine appealing to an upwardly mobile niche for the remainder of the spinning trend, but it seems like everybody had the same idea of getting a bike they didn't want that much because they could sell it at a slight loss when it got boring.

The loss in prestige is going to be a big hurdle for them.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2022, 02:50:05 PM »
So much for “Buy the Dip” and “It’ll come back” lol. It was 50 when I started the thread:

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2022, 02:55:59 PM »
coat hangers

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2022, 05:28:08 PM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2022, 05:32:31 PM »
I already did boot camp once and don't need some twat yelling at me every morning.

I’d rather have henda yell at me while I am doing sit ups

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2023, 06:13:52 AM »
The fall from grace continues:

Down 30% Pre Market:

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2023, 06:22:40 AM »
The fall from grace continues:

Down 30% Pre Market:

Footlocker way down also...means all that covid stimmie $$$ is spent. Even with the rent and student loan debt being on hold for years.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2023, 06:35:16 AM »

the Reality is die hard cyclists will use things like this but average Joe won’t. It’s just a fad to them.

I’m looking to get a Nordictrack bike. They are a seriously awesome bit of gear. Can use it with no subscription and pick routes on the road which is adjusts to. I’m just waiting for someone to drop the price to what I want to pay.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2023, 08:07:17 AM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2023, 08:23:23 AM »
Any one ride a bike or run outside anymore? 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2023, 08:28:33 AM »

Footlocker way down also...means all that covid stimmie $$$ is spent. Even with the rent and student loan debt being on hold for years.

There was also a lot of pent-up travel demand coming out of Covid. So a lot of money is going into that sector.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2023, 08:33:25 AM »

Me.

I ride around town a few days a week.  7-15 miles or so.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2023, 08:53:25 AM »

lockdown meant people are stuck indoors with nothing to do but consume content and spend to get a dopamine hit, people are outside now

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2023, 09:18:09 AM »

Unless the weather is shit for an extended period I always run outside.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2023, 09:29:39 AM »
It’s a failing company. Once their cash dries up, it seems unlikely anyone would be dumb enough to finance them.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2023, 09:46:57 AM »
Me.

I ride around town a few days a week.  7-15 miles or so.

It's a great cardio activity that's good for the spirit too. I've gotten away from biking. Maybe I should get back into it. I used to ride a road bike and a mountain bike. Now I use a hybrid for comfort. It's a  slow bike but I'm a slow cyclist.  I ride by myself so no need to keep up with speed guys with their skinny tire racing bikes. When I use to go long with my racing bike I thought the riding position was torture.