Author Topic: CPap machine  (Read 1988 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
CPap machine
« on: January 19, 2022, 10:02:54 PM »
Any getbiggers using a Cpap machine? If so has it been a game changer in terms of quality of your life? Looking into getting a Dreamstation Cpap which is what Stan Efferding recommends.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: CPap machine
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 01:41:56 AM »
I don't use CPAP but think the machine model matters unless you have complex apnea and have to be on one of the advanced modes in which the algorithms are different, depending on the brand. Proper mask fitting seems to be more important.  From what I gather, you want to stay away from high-pressure full face masks.  I'm sure the users can give more details.   

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 01:59:39 AM »
What is cpap?  ???

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 02:17:54 AM »
What is cpap?  ???

It an oxygen tank for obese people so they don't die in their sleep

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 02:21:27 AM »
get a bipap instead
youre welcome

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 03:54:32 AM »
Lose weight and you won't need it.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 04:37:50 AM »
I have one and have never wore it longer than thirty minutes. I’m a side sleeper and it forces you to sleep on your back. I could never get used to it. I’ve heard once you muscle through it that it is a life changer. Keep us informed.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 04:58:11 AM »
I have one and have never wore it longer than thirty minutes. I’m a side sleeper and it forces you to sleep on your back. I could never get used to it. I’ve heard once you muscle through it that it is a life changer. Keep us informed.

Probably the best REM sleep y'all ever have if you optimize it supinely.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 05:23:56 AM »
Probably the best REM sleep y'all ever have if you optimize it supinely.

You got any suggestions as to type of masks for a side sleeper, or do I just need to learn how to sleep on my back?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 09:52:09 AM »

F

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 10:15:24 AM »
Any getbiggers using a Cpap machine? If so has it been a game changer in terms of quality of your life? Looking into getting a Dreamstation Cpap which is what Stan Efferding recommends.

I do...I would fall asleep at red lights...(car had a stick)...A cop I knew tapped on my window and let me off with a warning to get to a doctor.  I was diagnosed at the Diagnostic Clinic in Houston.

The first night that I was able to make it work for me was wonderous...simply wonderous in the euphoric feeling that It left me...Also the bedsheets were exactly the way they were when I went to bed...When I was apneaing, I would trash the bed clothes with my legs.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 10:27:32 AM »

You just need a different headpiece...

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 10:39:59 AM »

For someone who doesn't have any sleeping issues, 4 hours sleep with CPap leaves you feeling as well rested as you would feel after 8 hours normal sleep.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 10:43:38 AM »
You got any suggestions as to type of masks for a side sleeper, or do I just need to learn how to sleep on my back?
Learn to push away from the dinner table.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 11:54:08 AM »
For someone who doesn't have any sleeping issues, 4 hours sleep with CPap leaves you feeling as well rested as you would feel after 8 hours normal sleep.

This is a sign of an undiagnosed sleep apnea problem...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 01:12:22 PM »

People use cushions or pillows.  I think people naturally roll to their backs and aren't even aware.  That's the reason why they test to optimize supine sleep. Once they have the pressure, you are fine in any position.  That's my understanding of the testing.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 01:27:09 PM »
This is a sign of an undiagnosed sleep apnea problem...

I made a point to say "for someone who doesn't have any sleeping issues". I did a sleep study a couple of years ago after I randomly started snoring despite being the leanest I'd ever been. I didn't have sleep apnoea. But almost everyone can benefit from a CPap because everyone stops breathing whilst sleeping. Sleep apnoea suffers obviously just stop breathing more often

Is 4 hours of near perfect deep sleep enough? Not usually nor recommend, but it is still up for debate as their are outliers, so it may vary between between individuals. However it worked for me (with the aid of a CPap) without one I can get through the day with 4 hours sleep, but don't feel 100%.

Is a CPap worth it if you don't suffer from sleep apena? Probably not, I just happened to have one. CPaps are quite commonly used in the nootropics/cognitive enhancement community and by some of those who believe they need to be up for 20 hours a day.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 01:47:15 PM »
I’m a stomach sleeper and it just didn’t work.  Also for some people it helps them sleep for others it can actually energize you.  I was one of those. I would be dead tired and also it on and all of a sudden I’m wide awake. It sucked.  I tried every mask they had from nostrils to fill face.  Full face was horrible.   I’m also a mouth breather so the nostril one which they recommend did not work.   I really wanted it to but no luck.  These clinics are crooks. They let you use it and after a certain day they charge your insurance for the full price.  The closer you get to that day the less responsive they are to you.   So I went in on the last day and dropped off the contraption on their desk.  I also hated going to the clinics. I’m in good shape and everyone in the lobby were old farts or obese and I mean OBESE people.  Once though there was this hot cougar but otherwise I hated going.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 02:07:13 PM »
90% of what has been written in this thread about sleep apnea and CPAP Therapy is pure bullshit. Do not listen to these guys.  Go on a legit medical website and/or see a sleep doctor.

Yeah because giving a personal account based on experience is bullshit when that's exactly the type of information OP requested.

Only bullshit here is your advice about seeking medical advise where none was sought or offered.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2022, 04:41:51 PM »

I saw an add for this device a few days ago. I don't us or need a Cpap, but I know people who do and they say they are uncomfortable to use. If I had sleep apnea, I'd look into the Inspire airway stimulation therapy. https://www.inspiresleep.com/cost-and-eligibility/

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 05:28:53 PM »
Thanks to everyone who chimed in, keep the stories coming if possible, I can find a Dreamstation Cpap for $250-300, I was thinking about just buying it and trying it out, going through sleep studies and whatnot is kind of awkward and not sure how accurate they are, I remember I did a sleep study probably 15 years ago and all these wires were hooked up to me, in a different sleep environment/bed then my own and I was seriously uncomfortable and didn't sleep a wink. The accounts I've seen from various bodybuilders/athletes all seem to be positive, I was just looking for some opinions here knowing the feedback will be real.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2022, 05:32:40 PM »
If you need a cpap u probably dont exercise
A

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2022, 05:40:13 PM »
If you need a cpap u probably dont exercise

What CPap model are you using?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »
I remember I did a sleep study probably 15 years ago and all these wires were hooked up to me, in a different sleep environment/bed then my own and I was seriously uncomfortable and didn't sleep a wink.

I did a sleep study 10 years ago and didn't sleep at all. I don't understand how people can sleep in those conditions.

What i have learned is that for me the issues are related to my weight. At a heavier bodyweight i have sleep apnea problems, but once i drop weight it seems to go away. At my leanest i never snored or had sleep issues. But everyone is different.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2022, 06:13:12 PM »
Lose weight and you won't need it.

strange because my sleep apnea is at its worst when i'm only weeks out from a competition
T