Author Topic: How to do clean and jerks properly?  (Read 856 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
How to do clean and jerks properly?
« on: February 28, 2008, 06:54:34 AM »
Tips, links, videos...

All would be appreciated...

Cheers...
I hate the State.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: How to do clean and jerks properly?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 08:30:19 AM »
You have the advantage of the internet so you might as well use it and search away. Or get someone who can teach you the style to use. In any event, might want to start with a empty bar and preform many reps to get the form down. This is a learning exercise and getting the mechanics/motor unit involvement/timing correct is very important. In other words, you want to rep out during any learning period. Good Luck.
F

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 09:29:27 AM »
I had a football coach teach me with an empty bar over the period of a week.  You will benefit from starting light and getting the form down.  If you just try to muscle this exercise you will fuck up and hurt yourself.

Hit up youtube as there are a number of great videos plus if you look on the Training log board I have included clips of Olympic lifting as taught by Tony Kono.  Try that first then come back if you have any other questions.  Hedgehog is also great with this stuff if you want to PM him. 
Squishy face retard

ATOMIC

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 09:18:01 PM »
it's great that you asked. the clean also the snatch can yield incredible results in power and strength but as mentioned above you need to get your flexibility and balance down to do it correctly. Once you have the form practice it over and over again.  Just break it down for the warm up and before you do it every time. Deadlift to shrug to high pull to flick. Then down to front squat and up and you are done. Or deadlift, hangclean, front squat.