Author Topic: The big four  (Read 1945 times)

Slin1

• Getbig IV
The big four
« on: October 08, 2009, 08:35:03 AM »
I mean the DEADLIFT SQUAT BENCHPRESS And OVERHEADPRESS i believe that you can get very big using just this four exercises and maybe putt in some calf work.

But how about the symmetry folks? how do you think a bodybuilder only doing this compond movements and nothing els would look like?? DEADS hits the lats a little to don't they?
Money drugs and bitches

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: The big four
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 08:45:39 AM »
I think if you followed a routine with simply those exercises and had a good diet you would look better then 99% of ppl on this earth. Would you look good as a bodybuilder? not as good as you would with isolation movements imo

my rear delts need some type of row or pull up to help them grow, you wouldnt have any bi work either.

but all in all youd be in better shape then 99% of getbig  ;D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:54:59 AM »
how do you think a bodybuilder only doing this compond movements and nothing els would look like?? DEADS hits the lats a little to don't they?

If you're a bodybuilder, you would not use ONLY compound movements. As bodybuilders, you want shoulder width, and use DB Laterals as a means to isolate the medial deltoid muscle, to give that illusion of being extra wide. It's an isolation movement, but for powerlifting it really doesn't serve much purpose to aid in the other lifts you would be doing.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:02:33 AM »
I was taught the Squat, BB row and BP were the Big Three.  To be done with a 5X5 whole body workout. Either twice or three times a week. Works extremely well, over the years, for may be thousands of guy's. Quite a few athletes use this program for getting stronger and gaining muscular weight.

The Big 4, offered by Slin1, is also very good. Though there is no direct pulling exercise with the arms, like rows, hi-pulls, cleans, etc. Would need than for more of a well rounded program.

The two Olympic lifts are exceptional also for a short and getting to the point workout. In any event, most all compounds are king for power and muscle mass . As a BB'er you could use only those above 3 or 4 exercises for outstanding results. With a higher rep BB'ing  range of 8 to 12. All build a great foundation for strength and size. In working out, just remember K.I.S.S..  Good Luck.
F

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 09:51:02 AM »
i based my early training years on the big 4... with a few bodybuilding moves thrown in like chins and rows for back etc

simple is best starting out....

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 12:43:30 PM »
I can agree with 1 rowing motion so i'm gonna try this for a while
 Sun
Row 5*8
Deads 3*5
Incline Bensh 4-5*5-6
Overheadpress 3* 5-6
Tue
Squat 4*6
Legpress 3-4*10-14
Calvs 5-6 * 10-18
thu
Standing row 5*5
Deads 3*5
FlatDB press 4-5*5-6
Smith shulderpress 3*5-6
Friday
hevey abbs work * 5
grip traning holding loadedbar as llong you can *3
farmerswalk till you cant hold them anymore

Any of yous upp to this brutal traning HARDCORE BABY
I just ordered 12kg of whey 80
Money drugs and bitches

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 01:19:15 PM »
I was taught the Squat, BB row and BP were the Big Three.  To be done with a 5X5 whole body workout. Either twice or three times a week. Works extremely well, over the years, for may be thousands of guy's. Quite a few athletes use this program for getting stronger and gaining muscular weight.

The Big 4, offered by Slin1, is also very good. Though there is no direct pulling exercise with the arms, like rows, hi-pulls, cleans, etc. Would need than for more of a well rounded program.

The two Olympic lifts are exceptional also for a short and getting to the point workout. In any event, most all compounds are king for power and muscle mass . As a BB'er you could use only those above 3 or 4 exercises for outstanding results. With a higher rep BB'ing  range of 8 to 12. All build a great foundation for strength and size. In working out, just remember K.I.S.S..  Good Luck.

I think BB rows is good a very good exercise and i used to do then allot but that was before i learned to to DEADLIFT correctly but i still sneak in a BB-row now and then.. Also i recommend you try the Olympic style lifting now and then (clean n Snatch) I thing thy is called the are grate for building strength if you ever hit a wall
Money drugs and bitches

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »
I think if you followed a routine with simply those exercises and had a good diet you would look better then 99% of ppl on this earth. Would you look good as a bodybuilder? not as good as you would with isolation movements imo

my rear delts need some type of row or pull up to help them grow, you wouldnt have any bi work either.

Don't understund you Q's máte but have you dried heavey deas for your delts its all you need really.. Um sorry i thing im speeing of thr traps now.

WTF is the rear delt anywat. Is'nt The DELTOIDS a whole muscle.. You need ovrhedpress 4 that
Money drugs and bitches

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 01:43:11 PM »

Don't understund you Q's máte but have you dried heavey deas for your delts its all you need really.. Um sorry i thing im speeing of thr traps now.

WTF is the rear delt anywat. Is'nt The DELTOIDS a whole muscle.. You need ovrhedpress 4 that

Don't understund you Q's máte but have you dried heavey dead for your delts its all you need really.. Um sorry i thing im speeing of thr traps now.

Money drugs and bitches

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 01:51:56 PM »
Ok i tryed to be serious here but somone likes to play a kid ad chenge some of by messeges so i think i seek to another bord with my 12years of knowledge..

But it not funny at all when i spend 45mins wrighting a textI think if you followed a routine with simply those exercises and had a good diet you would look better then 99% of ppl on this earth. Would you look good as a bodybuilder? not as good as you would with isolation movements imo

Don't understund you Q's máte but have you dried heavey dead for your delts its all you need really.. Um sorry i thing im speeing of thr traps now.

Money drugs and bitches