Author Topic: Preferred dead lift bars??  (Read 4675 times)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
Preferred dead lift bars??
« on: February 27, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »
I'm about to buy an oakie bar or a Texas deadlift lift bar. What are some of your opinions on deadlifting bars??

I want to try the oakie or the TDB because of the whip they have will be fun for the gym.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
Re: Preferred dead lift bars??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 11:03:03 AM »
Don't even know what the difference is.

I have such a small hands that I use olympic lifting bar if possible.
Just a tad smaller circumference.

With heavier weights it might bend a bit much but I do not have that problem.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »
The oakie bar is an 18th inch smaller in diameter and about 5 inches further in length which provided a bend or whip if u will.  But the Texas deadlift bar seems to have a better whip to it I saw a video of.a jack under each of these with 6 or 7 plates and it was about 3/4 of an inch difference in the bend of the 2 with the TDB having the most

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »
I prefer chocolate bars...
Kit kat?
?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 01:23:36 PM »
Kit Kats all ways fucking break and everybody wants a piece after words.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 01:29:30 PM »
Kit Kats all ways fucking break and everybody wants a piece after words.

So fuckin' true and annoying. Fuckin' leaches man, can never let you eat a kit kat by yourself. 1 piece is 25% of the bar. Next time, I will break off a piece, lick it, then offer it. Ha! I used to do that as a kid, but fuck being all grown up and shit...
?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 02:01:55 PM »
Lol. Wtf I have decided to just go with which ever one is cheaper I'm gonna order it tomorrow. Im not as stoned as ritch here but I'm relaxing today

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 02:18:37 AM »
So fuckin' true and annoying. Fuckin' leaches man, can never let you eat a kit kat by yourself. 1 piece is 25% of the bar. Next time, I will break off a piece, lick it, then offer it. Ha! I used to do that as a kid, but fuck being all grown up and shit...

When we were kids every time one of the lads went to the chippy for a packet of chips (French fries) 1st thing he'd do was spit on them, never had to share a single one...

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 05:15:43 AM »
Lol. Wtf I have decided to just go with which ever one is cheaper I'm gonna order it tomorrow. Im not as stoned as ritch here but I'm relaxing today
It's nice to have a little whip in a bar. Powerlifting gym that I sometimes go to have these official Ivanko ( or Eleiko ) competition bars and they don't bent at all in my weights! Lol.
Other extreme is this fitness gym that has these, maybe crossfit, lighter bars that bent visibly even in 330lbs.

As long as the grip is good I guess.

What is a price range in lifting bars anyway?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 06:43:30 AM »
The TDB is 425 with shipping included. I think oakie I have seen for 299 when i firstlooked but can't seem to find it for that price again

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 09:35:54 AM »
I prefer any bar that is slightly thinner as it feels far lighter and grip is never an issue

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 08:57:23 PM »
Worked with a 9ft exercise training bar, standard thickness. That took regular exercise plates..non Olympic style plates. This was a very dead bar (no spring...non revolving) and mostly used for DL's and squats. Slapped 50, 75 to 100lbs plates on it and easy load to over 1,200  plus. Great bar for the raw strength lifts, no lifting finesse required.

Another 9ft bar was used only for squats, and after a while develop a curve/bend in the middle after too many heavy loads by too many guy's over the years. That curve made it a better bar by the way it fit the traps and shoulders. Can buy new bars with that slight curve built in.  

With a well balance and better quality live Olympic bar, anyone should be able to use 20 to 30 more lbs in most lifts.  The grip should develop along with the weigh used on the bar. If having trouble when reaching max weight, might suggest using straps (nylon) until the grip catches up. An axle bar helps greatly with the grip development. Neglecting the grip is not always the best of ideas when working out with serious intent, with serious goals in mind.

Good Luck..
F

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 07:16:35 AM »
Went with the TDB because it was 425$with free shipping on ebay. Also through in an old school arm blaster and a set of globe grips. Just a few extra toys for the gym.

I don't pull with straps fuck all that I walk up to the bar breathe and pull but rack pulls I'll use straps or shrugs. I deadlift with out straps. Keeps me from having to do any forearm work

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 05:56:38 AM »
Okie ALL THE WAY!!!!!

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 10:54:05 AM »
You are late AF