Author Topic: Legs are getting too big  (Read 5411 times)

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
Legs are getting too big
« on: June 07, 2012, 01:09:17 PM »
Anymore and I'd be way too bottom heavy. I already drastically reduced the workload but quads have always been my strong point. Should I just stop them completely for like 2-4 weeks and just do cardio? Or should I try real high reps (20-30)?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Legs are getting too big
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »
Anymore and I'd be way too bottom heavy. I already drastically reduced the workload but quads have always been my strong point. Should I just stop them completely for like 2-4 weeks and just do cardio? Or should I try real high reps (20-30)?

Hows the hams?

5antasy

• Getbig II
  • Forever cutting
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »
Hows the hams?

Slightly less dominating than quads but still big. I'll give some measurements later today to give you an idea.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 09:44:16 AM »
I too have thick legs that get large quick.  if i was you i would try to find a squat variation that does not blow your legs up. Maybe front squats or hacks. Even DB squats. Another solution is free hand squats...don't laugh because first do leg extensions and then superset them with free hand squats. I did this myself and your legs burn.. do 50 reps and i promise you they are not bad.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 04:13:35 PM »
Hell....train them once a month if you want. They probably always be your strongest body part. When and if they fall behind just start training them more frequently.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 05:02:13 PM »
^^^ This.
?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »

i won't buy this without pictures

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »
Some world class Olympic lifters have unreal leg development, which also can includes the glutes, that can over shadow their upper body's in terms of development (except maybe for trap and lower back development). Seems to happen more in the light heavyweights on down, more so than the upper classes. For any of them, the foundation of power is in the lower body.

Sounds like Santasy has selective genetic's for larger muscle mass in the legs. Not that uncommon really, most of us have body parts that seem to have a mind of their own, where natural growth is concerned. Even the smallest amount of work can add mass somewhat faster than other parts.

Might suggest Sassy Squats for awhile, which may bring a totally new shape to the legs themselves, without (hopefully) adding more  size.  A very old form of squatting is to squat on the toes, which spreads the work load to the calves a little more. Might be worth a shot.  (stubborn calves have been know to respond to on the toes squats..plus improving balance) Or you can choose to make a career out of huge legs, like Tom Platz did, for years. Good luck.
F

kimo

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 07:47:32 AM »
thigs are getting huge yes . the overshadow the calves of many .

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »
a few guys who had that problemo.
F

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee