Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

The recent year for Dexter Jackson

(1/2) > >>

240 is Back:
Many here have said that Dex is well rested and primed to repeat as Arnold Classic champion.  A few things could point to him losing:

1) He barely edged out Cormier last year- and Gustavo and Lee are going to be better this year

2) Gustavo has more momentum than anyone.

3)  No one has mentioned Branch Warren, won the last 2 contest he entered before the O and was only at half-strength due to recovery from the tricep injury.

4) This lineup is the best in 10 years, including a dry Troy Alves, a career best Melvin Anthony (with veins!), a VERY confident Gustavo Badell, a more mature Darrem Charles, a VERY motivated David Henry, FLEX poster child Johnnie Jackson fresh off gyno surgery, An ALL-OUT Vic Martinez, a dryer
Mustafa Mohammad, and a career-best Lee Priest.

5) Rumors of a big illness around the 05 Olympia time, personal mess- wife kidnapping/etc.  Not the best environment for improving. 

6) Dex will be what, 36 this year?  He's getting old and his frame cannot hold much more muscle.  This year his midsection will continue to expand.

7) Finally, his "I won't do the O if I have to do the Challenge Round" couldn't have helped things politically.

There you have it.  Dex won't win this one. 

Tigerman:
All this from the same guy who repeatedly claimed that Troy Alves was going to win the Ironman...  ;D

240 is Back:

--- Quote from: Tigerman on February 21, 2006, 10:02:46 PM ---All this from the same guy who repeatedly claimed that Troy Alves was going to win the Ironman...  ;D

--- End quote ---

He should have won.  I just didn't expect him to be tugging a Red Flyer with 6 gallons of water in it  :-\

GMCtrk:
Branch warren can be the next mr."O"

body88:
this show is gonna be great.
fuck the Olympia  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version