Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 830515 times)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #1150 on: December 12, 2007, 08:18:42 PM »
I'm sure you guys have noticed that the price of whey & other proteins is going way the fuck up. I recently found another type of protein from trueprotein.com, it's called Gemma Protein. Seems pretty similiar to whey in the type of amino's present. Anyway, for about $5.50 a pound you can get it in a decent flavor (the banana was excellent).

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=6816

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #1151 on: December 12, 2007, 08:30:02 PM »
That is why we have snow birds. I sent you an invite in another post asking when you were going to come join your fellow WI population down here for winter. I am seeing a lot more WI license plates lately. Plenty of construction for ya'  8)

And krazee, that goes for you too! Where did you Canadians learn to drive?? They really like to drive 40mph on the freeways here, not kidding! Scariest drivers out of all the snow birds.

Ok hold on...we discussed this they are also the ones with the blue hair and there false teeth hanging from the rear view mirror to air dry. Bro this picture is not me.

Yes I admit we may be a bit more passive then all the Nascar drivers down there qualifing for the next race, but we get there.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #1152 on: December 12, 2007, 08:31:19 PM »
I'm sure you guys have noticed that the price of whey & other proteins is going way the fuck up. I recently found another type of protein from trueprotein.com, it's called Gemma Protein. Seems pretty similiar to whey in the type of amino's present. Anyway, for about $5.50 a pound you can get it in a decent flavor (the banana was excellent).

Worth checking out, thanks bro, anyway to save on the crazy price for Whey these days.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1153 on: December 12, 2007, 08:32:47 PM »
Worth checking out, thanks bro, anyway to save on the crazy price for Whey these days.

No problem. It's good shit. I also didn't notice any stomach problems with it either.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1154 on: December 13, 2007, 06:00:06 AM »
That is why we have snow birds. I sent you an invite in another post asking when you were going to come join your fellow WI population down here for winter. I am seeing a lot more WI license plates lately. Plenty of construction for ya'  8)

And krazee, that goes for you too! Where did you Canadians learn to drive?? They really like to drive 40mph on the freeways here, not kidding! Scariest drivers out of all the snow birds.

Carefull friend, you'll wake up and there be a E350 15passanger van sittin in yur driveway with powercord pluged into your house....
Only permanent move Im ever makin is out of the USA.  The Wi weather can suck up here, but I got a pretty nice place out in the country.  Im not into big city.

Drivers? well, they're expectin' ice patches still.... ;)  You learn to cut some space from other cars up here, or you'll
be the body shops best friend.  I'd pick Colorado and NM drivers as the worst Ive seen.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1155 on: December 13, 2007, 06:59:10 AM »
Carefull friend, you'll wake up and there be a E350 15passanger van sittin in yur driveway with powercord pluged into your house....
Only permanent move Im ever makin is out of the USA.  The Wi weather can suck up here, but I got a pretty nice place out in the country.  Im not into big city.

Drivers? well, they're expectin' ice patches still.... ;)  You learn to cut some space from other cars up here, or you'll
be the body shops best friend.  I'd pick Colorado and NM drivers as the worst Ive seen.

Load 'er up! We got an outlet in front so you are all good. Would not be a permanant move as the snow birds fly back north after winter and before it gets hot here. This week, 60's/40's with clear skys  ;D

krazee, yeah most are blue hairs but those are the true snowbirds!! I will admit the worst are ones with Saskatchewan plates if that means anything to you.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1156 on: December 13, 2007, 07:15:41 AM »

Cool, thank RIM.

Whey has gone up roughly 50% since May. One friend in the industry said they have to outsource Whey overseas now. Too many conflicting stories out there.

Looks sound but if it clumps that bad, I can hear the whiners now.. :'(   
Are you shaking it or blending it? Wonder if in a shaker with Waxy Maize will mix..hmmm...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1157 on: December 13, 2007, 07:55:08 AM »
I have to admit when you live a certain way you never know what the opposite is. People that live the "old school" way are usually better off in life. May be harder work to hunt for your food or chase it around a yard. But these people will outlast you or I. I know my ex's grandfather was 96 before he passed. And he was from Greece on a farm and I truly believe he passed because he came into a different world, such as ours today. All about money now a days, and that's what kills us.

Very true.

My dad's parents lived to be 97 and 98.

i remember my grandfather could still toss haybails around like sacks of cotton at age 85. he was a tough old man who never sat still for more than an hour. he was always saying "too much daylight to be sittin around"...the man was a working machine. he woke up at 4am and went to bed at 8pm. he only stopped working to eat and grab a nap here and there. a true hard working american farmer, a dieing breed.

8)

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #1158 on: December 13, 2007, 08:59:24 AM »
Load 'er up! We got an outlet in front so you are all good. Would not be a permanant move as the snow birds fly back north after winter and before it gets hot here. This week, 60's/40's with clear skys  ;D

krazee, yeah most are blue hairs but those are the true snowbirds!! I will admit the worst are ones with Saskatchewan plates if that means anything to you.

Haha, I can't believe Saskatchewan drivers have mad it down there too!  Man you can keep em.  There are some absolutely horrible drivers here but when I see a Saskatchewan plate I just get the hell away and make sure I'm anywhere but stuck behind them.  BTW, I'm really impressed that you spelled Saskatchewan right.  How many times did you have to type that out before it didn't have a lil red line under it?  ;D

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1159 on: December 13, 2007, 09:33:21 AM »
Haha, I can't believe Saskatchewan drivers have mad it down there too!  Man you can keep em.  There are some absolutely horrible drivers here but when I see a Saskatchewan plate I just get the hell away and make sure I'm anywhere but stuck behind them.  BTW, I'm really impressed that you spelled Saskatchewan right.  How many times did you have to type that out before it didn't have a lil red line under it?  ;D

LOL! I tried a few times and did not look right and spell check did not even know how to spell it. So, I went and looked it up... :D All cold weather folks come here for winter, they boost our economy big time.

British Columbia are pretty bad too but Saskatchewan, oh boy....I just think things are a bit quicker down here and they are terrified of us Americans always in a hurry, talking on our cell or texting or putting on make up while driving. Saw a girl doing that on my way to work, no, I don't wear make up.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1160 on: December 13, 2007, 09:39:16 AM »
Very true.

My dad's parents lived to be 97 and 98.

i remember my grandfather could still toss haybails around like sacks of cotton at age 85. he was a tough old man who never sat still for more than an hour. he was always saying "too much daylight to be sittin around"...the man was a working machine. he woke up at 4am and went to bed at 8pm. he only stopped working to eat and grab a nap here and there. a true hard working american farmer, a dieing breed.

8)

My girlfriend's dad lives out on a ranch in rural Montana. He has the same schedule as your gramps. In his mid 60's and the man is lean and in good shape. Says he walks so much everyday on the ranch, throwing around hay bails, etc.

Then he takes people on hunting expeditions on the weekends up in the mountains. No way I could keep up with him, I get winded walking up stairs  8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1161 on: December 13, 2007, 09:59:08 AM »
Cool, thank RIM.

Whey has gone up roughly 50% since May. One friend in the industry said they have to outsource Whey overseas now. Too many conflicting stories out there.

Looks sound but if it clumps that bad, I can hear the whiners now.. :'(   
Are you shaking it or blending it? Wonder if in a shaker with Waxy Maize will mix..hmmm...

It didn't clump at all (but then again I've been using it by itself). The only thing I noticed was you needed to add a little extra water - otherwise it turned into pudding (which wasn't bad either).

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1162 on: December 13, 2007, 10:05:09 AM »

I'd be skeptical of this...2 reasons.

First off, with anything you get what you pay for...doesn't mean they're are not good deals out there, but you know what I mean.

Biggest thing, this is vegtable derived protein, and I don't care what someone might think, but all proteins are not created equally...ever seen a huge vegetarian bodybuilder?
Point being, vegetable protein is a waste IMO...any of these alternative protein sources are a waste IMO...hey, we all know from the recent study posted all over the internet that soy makes you homosexual, lol! Not making that up, either, check it out for a good laugh.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1163 on: December 13, 2007, 10:24:44 AM »

First off, with anything you get what you pay for...doesn't mean they're are not good deals out there, but you know what I mean.

Biggest thing, this is vegtable derived protein, and I don't care what someone might think, but all proteins are not created equally...ever seen a huge vegetarian bodybuilder?
Point being, vegetable protein is a waste IMO...any of these alternative protein sources are a waste IMO...hey, we all know from the recent study posted all over the internet that soy makes you homosexual, lol! Not making that up, either, check it out for a good laugh.

Yeah, but soy is an incomplete protein and this protein seems to have a way (no pun) better amino acid profile than soy. Very comparable to the profile of whey as far as completeness.

Well, we can let Rim use it and if he turns homo, then we know it is on par with soy.  ;)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1164 on: December 13, 2007, 01:22:53 PM »

I know what you're saying but the comparisons with whey are pretty close.

It was odd. I stopped taking soy protein & then I was attracted to women again.  ;D

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #1165 on: December 13, 2007, 05:08:09 PM »
LOL! I tried a few times and did not look right and spell check did not even know how to spell it. So, I went and looked it up... :D All cold weather folks come here for winter, they boost our economy big time.

British Columbia are pretty bad too but Saskatchewan, oh boy....I just think things are a bit quicker down here and they are terrified of us Americans always in a hurry, talking on our cell or texting or putting on make up while driving. Saw a girl doing that on my way to work, no, I don't wear make up.
Well if you've ever seen Saskatchewan, it is THE most flat boring place on earth.  At least the parts I've driven through.  Much slower pace of life.  Not that it has bad people or isn't beautiful in it's own way but I've been behind people driving 60 on the highway when the speed limit is 100.  Also I gotta say as much as I hate it when other people do it, I'm guilty of those bad driving habits you mentioned too.  Except the makeup one........... :-\

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1166 on: December 13, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »
Well if you've ever seen Saskatchewan, it is THE most flat boring place on earth.  At least the parts I've driven through.  Much slower pace of life.  Not that it has bad people or isn't beautiful in it's own way but I've been behind people driving 60 on the highway when the speed limit is 100.  Also I gotta say as much as I hate it when other people do it, I'm guilty of those bad driving habits you mentioned too.  Except the makeup one........... :-\

Speed Limit 100 MPH you said?? HA, ha, ha...no way any of them go over 60 like you said. Shit, we are only have a 65 mph Speed Limit so they insist on driving 40 mph. Guess that makes sense then!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1167 on: December 13, 2007, 05:34:11 PM »
Speed Limit 100 MPH you said?? HA, ha, ha...no way any of them go over 60 like you said. Shit, we are only have a 65 mph Speed Limit so they insist on driving 40 mph. Guess that makes sense then!!

BB, I think Hes talkin' KPM, not MPH....  ;D

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1168 on: December 13, 2007, 05:45:10 PM »
BB, I think Hes talkin' KPM, not MPH....  ;D

Oh, those tricky Canadians...

StillTippin

• Getbig III
« Reply #1169 on: December 13, 2007, 05:51:57 PM »
Oh, those tricky Canadians...

Yeah, us and the rest of the freakin world, we're sneaky.   ;D  I actually use about half metric and half imperial system, just depends on what I'm talking about.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1170 on: December 13, 2007, 06:26:45 PM »
Yeah, us and the rest of the freakin world, we're sneaky.   ;D  I actually use about half metric and half imperial system, just depends on what I'm talking about.

Wwwhhaattt? You mean the USA is NOT the center of the Universe?  ???

Just keep local hero and all   his UK mates "Stones" out of the math class here and we'll be ok.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1171 on: December 13, 2007, 07:53:59 PM »
Yeah, but soy is an incomplete protein and this protein seems to have a way (no pun) better amino acid profile than soy. Very comparable to the profile of whey as far as completeness.

Well, we can let Rim use it and if he turns homo, then we know it is on par with soy.
  ;)

If I leave my wife & start introducing my family to my "roommate" I'll let you guys know.  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1172 on: December 13, 2007, 08:26:28 PM »
If I leave my wife & start introducing my family to my "roommate" I'll let you guys know.  ;D
I got dibs on your wife...assuming you haven't tainted her too bad yet.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #1173 on: December 13, 2007, 09:47:06 PM »
Yup, i've eaten coyote, fox, rabbit, squirrel and about every bird in Texas. Coyote was disgusting but i tried it anyway.

I'm a big beef eater but my venison stew is off the hook! Venison Chili is also very good.

Just the thought of eating a coyote or fox is disgusting  :-X  Squirrel and rabbit  :-\  sure seems like a lot of work for very little.  I recall having them ocassionally when I was a kid.  Grandpa would go out hunting and bring back a bunch.  Not sure why tho  ???  It wasn't necessary.  He must've just like the change of pace I guess.

My venison chili kicks butt!  Still waiting for someone to come thru with some goods  ;D (Every year, several guys say they're gonna bring me some).  So far, all I've received was a fresh heart for my dog.

Venison chili is pretty good...sausage is decent too.

I don't understand why so many guys have their deer made into sausage  :-[    :-X  Gimme a big hunk of meat any day!  (And get your filthy minds out of the gutter)

BLIZZARD!!  :o  Damn! It just dont stop snowing up here!
 I had a Red Fox sleep the last storm away in my wood-shed. He's gettin desporate to hang that close to the house overnight... Snow is really gettin thick here.

I've got a fox hole in my yard.  Rarely see him, but I know it's active.  I've almost got a lawn tractor tire stuck in the hole.  My dog recently had a stare down with him.  Neither one wanted to make a move.
:D

Speaking of snow!  I'm all proud of myself ;D  I figured out how to use the snowblower the other day ALL  BY MYSELF.  Hubby was out of town  >:(  Trust me.  This was no small feat.  Had to do it twice and took me an hour each time.  Guess I won't ever be able to play the damsel card again ;)

:

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1174 on: December 14, 2007, 03:33:23 AM »
What's everyone doing for the holidays?  After Christmas, we are heading out to Utah to my wife's parents vacation house until the 3rd.  The snowbirds come south and we go north.

That's the only time we see snow.  There's not much here in South Florida.  :)