Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 830500 times)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #1275 on: December 28, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »
Cool looking car.

Are not the Shelbys boosted by a blower?  If they are I can see why the auto would be good, blower, turbo cars are usually faster with autos because the boost falls off some when you let up on the gas to shift.  With the auto just floor it and thing stays at max boost.

But Im with you guys I think a sports car should be a stick.  I like cars with big inch motors, cam, head and headers mods.  Not into the turbos or superchargers.

Yeah, they have a supercharger. Auto's are perfect for turbo's but if you know how to power shift a manual trans you can keep the boost up, but you're correct.

i'd love to have a 70's Chevelle with a 454 and a 4 speed!!!... ;D

i love old Chevy's with big blocks! newer model mustangs are just light and nimble, very easy to make fast and handle well at the same time.

8)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1276 on: December 28, 2007, 08:24:40 AM »
Yeah, they have a supercharger. Auto's are perfect for turbo's but if you know how to power shift a manual trans you can keep the boost up, but you're correct.

i'd love to have a 70's Chevelle with a 454 and a 4 speed!!!... ;D

i love old Chevy's with big blocks! newer model mustangs are just light and nimble, very easy to make fast and handle well at the same time.

8)

Oh yeah and if you want you can build those Ford motors too!!  There is a huge aftermarket for em as Im sure you know.  Im sure they must have big bore/stroker kits for em. Im sure you could build a monster with enough $$ LOL.  Shit gets expensive when you consider everything like "now I make 500 HP so I need a" bigger clutch, a bigger rear end on top of all the mods to get you there.

Yep the newer cars are so much better than then the old days as far as comfort, handling and power even for that matter.  But yeah the old muscle cars are cool!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1277 on: December 28, 2007, 09:07:32 AM »
Oh yeah and if you want you can build those Ford motors too!!  There is a huge aftermarket for em as Im sure you know.  Im sure they must have big bore/stroker kits for em. Im sure you could build a monster with enough $$ LOL.  Shit gets expensive when you consider everything like "now I make 500 HP so I need a" bigger clutch, a bigger rear end on top of all the mods to get you there.

Yep the newer cars are so much better than then the old days as far as comfort, handling and power even for that matter.  But yeah the old muscle cars are cool!

Yup, i built a 331ci(Ford 302) about 5 years ago and i had it pushing well over 400hp. after doing the EFI fuel system, exhaust, suspension, trans, clutch, rear end, axles, cooling system...blah blah blah...i had sunk 16k in the car, but it had the best parts money could buy.

Then it got stolen....such is life.

RIP...1993 Lx Coupe Police Interceptor.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1278 on: December 28, 2007, 01:06:56 PM »
I like the  Mach's around 1969. The ones w/ the shaker hoods had such nice lines.
Also, 66-73 Vets.
Dodge Daytona's, the Superbees and all them Mopar winged beasts. They just dont waste sheetmetal for the sake of aesthetics like that today..

I had a 1969 SE Charger with a 383, very fun party car.  That stuff was all throw away cheap when I was in HS.

I should dig up some old Bike pics.  Try out 130 hp in a 503lb GSXR1100.
 That bitch had lots of  surprises hiding in it.  Let the throttle snap shut at  90mph in 2nd, and compression braking locks the rear tyre just as sure as stampin' on the brake.

Redlines: 60mph, 90, 120,140,160... It'd Pull them all even with 2 riders onboard.

Wheelies or Brakies on command in each gear. I Loved to watch my shadow and casually do Brakies at about 100mph. 
A farmer friend said I flew almost the length of a football field over a little hillcrest by his farm one day.
I'm sure if I saw it, Id of never done it again. 90-110mph there is airborn for awhile, better land nice.
Just like jumpin' dirtbikes but a step up.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1279 on: December 28, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »
I like the  Mach's around 1969. The ones w/ the shaker hoods had such nice lines.
Also, 66-73 Vets.
Dodge Daytona's, the Superbees and all them Mopar winged beasts. They just dont waste sheetmetal for the sake of aesthetics like that today..

I had a 1969 SE Charger with a 383, very fun party car.  That stuff was all throw away cheap when I was in HS.

I should dig up some old Bike pics.  Try out 130 hp in a 503lb GSXR1100.
 That bitch had lots of  surprises hiding in it.  Let the throttle snap shut at  90mph in 2nd, and compression braking locks the rear tyre just as sure as stampin' on the brake.

Redlines: 60mph, 90, 120,140,160... It'd Pull them all even with 2 riders onboard.

Wheelies or Brakies on command in each gear. I Loved to watch my shadow and casually do Brakies at about 100mph. 
A farmer friend said I flew almost the length of a football field over a little hillcrest by his farm one day.
I'm sure if I saw it, Id of never done it again. 90-110mph there is airborn for awhile, better land nice.
Just like jumpin' dirtbikes but a step up.

Those old Mopars are very cool!  You sound like some bike riding skills bro.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1280 on: December 28, 2007, 01:48:08 PM »
Those old Mopars are very cool!  You sound like some bike riding skills bro.

I liked to slide them on pavment best. Its a hard feeling to describe. You can change your postion in a corner by cracking the throttle and sliding the rear. Just like dirt really.
Coming out of a corner leaned over and liftin the front end out of a throttle on power slide is a unequalled rush.

I wore the front tire of my 900 Ninja out first. All chopped up on the sidewalls.... ;D
I'd run that bitch so hard into corners that the front end would go po-go stick on me.

I could lean over the front fender of that one at any speed and clamp on the front break, watch smoke pour out the fender.
Try that w/ a GSXR and you'll do a back-flop on the tar.

I'd love to get on a 500cc two stroke on a road race track somewhere. They are the real shit.
Thems a real riders bike. Light and powerfull. Flickable.
Some slicks would be a treat to.

Me and a friend were lookin at the new Vets a couple weeks ago... ::)  Wow!
wouldnt taht be a blast?  ;D
God, the breaks are a work of art alone.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #1281 on: December 28, 2007, 07:11:17 PM »
I don't know if you guys noticed but "designer" clothes run too small & fit rather tight (i.e. ralph lauren, izod, etc...).

Sorry to be a little late to throw this in there, but I tend to agree. I hate going to stores and there XXL fits like a medium...bullshit ref....yellow card on the play.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1282 on: December 28, 2007, 07:15:03 PM »
Yup, i built a 331ci(Ford 302) about 5 years ago and i had it pushing well over 400hp. after doing the EFI fuel system, exhaust, suspension, trans, clutch, rear end, axles, cooling system...blah blah blah...i had sunk 16k in the car, but it had the best parts money could buy.

Then it got stolen....such is life.

RIP...1993 Lx Coupe Police Interceptor.

8)

Was your car an everday driver or a trailer car.

I had a 90 LX notchback and freakin loved the car...she scremed. 385hp at the back wheels, I'll see if I can drudge a pic up. I traded that for a 2001 Cobra Convt, she was fun to drive, not much giddy up compared to the 90, but it was there when needed. Now I traded it in for a X5 4.8is, love the truck, big 20's, 355 for hp and 360 for torque. I mind you have a 2006 Gixxer set up for the summer....then I'll be rollin....
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1283 on: December 29, 2007, 10:02:40 AM »
Was your car an everday driver or a trailer car.

I had a 90 LX notchback and freakin loved the car...she scremed. 385hp at the back wheels, I'll see if I can drudge a pic up. I traded that for a 2001 Cobra Convt, she was fun to drive, not much giddy up compared to the 90, but it was there when needed. Now I traded it in for a X5 4.8is, love the truck, big 20's, 355 for hp and 360 for torque. I mind you have a 2006 Gixxer set up for the summer....then I'll be rollin....

Daily driver in good weather, it was nasty in the rain and it still had all factory a/c and power steering. it got 15mpg with over 400hp, which surprised me.

I'd trailer it to the drag strip just in case i broke something because i used slicks. 11.76 at 116mph was the best 1/4 mile time.

i'd like to build another drag car soon, i want to put together a nasty turbo setup for my 01 GT but lack time for that right now.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1284 on: December 29, 2007, 10:20:52 AM »
400 Hp must be a handfull in that small car.... How'z it hold up to that much power?
That is a hell of a strain on everything.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1285 on: December 29, 2007, 10:34:28 AM »
400 Hp must be a handfull in that small car.... How'z it hold up to that much power?
That is a hell of a strain on everything.

i built the drivetrain to handle the horsepower, it didn't have a factory part on it besides the body. tremec TKO trans, auburn rear end and 31 spline axles.

it weighed 3050 pounds with me inside, it was a light ass car.

when it got traction it pulled like a freight train, but it got sideways in 1-3 gear if i had street tires on it.

i never lost a race on the freeway, even against those Z06 vets, i'd pull past them from 100mph to 160mph. ;D talk about some pissed off rich guys who just had their ego shattered by a home built mustang. ;)

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1286 on: December 29, 2007, 10:43:21 AM »
A friend has a 64 convert and a 67 fastback... He's into "all original"  ::)
F'ing waste IMO.... I'd yank them nasty old seats for starters,  and have some real wheels and rubber on that '67.  It is a nice car though.

He'll completely tear out the interior over the most minor detail.... I'd spin doughnuts w/ that thing.  ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1287 on: December 29, 2007, 10:51:49 AM »
A friend has a 64 convert and a 67 fastback... He's into "all original"  ::)
F'ing waste IMO.... I'd yank them nasty old seats for starters,  and have some real wheels and rubber on that '67.  It is a nice car though.

He'll completely tear out the interior over the most minor detail.... I'd spin doughnuts w/ that thing.  ;D

i'm not a car collect type of guy, i like to drive the shit out of them and make them fast!

Discount tire has made a ton of cash off me, i like burnouts. 2nd gear donuts are the best, lots of wheel speed and it slides like ice.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1288 on: December 29, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »
i'm not a car collect type of guy, i like to drive the shit out of them and make them fast!

Discount tire has made a ton of cash off me, i like burnouts. 2nd gear donuts are the best, lots of wheel speed and it slides like ice.

8)

Yeah, I dont see the attraction to making sure each factory sticker is in the right spot... ::)

I'd be puttin' on stiffer springs and jamming in as much tire as possible on that 67.

Ice? DAMN! 5 MORE INCHES Yesteday...  Its gettin dangerous at the intersections and driveways.
Cant see a car behind the snow piles...

Big parking lots (Churches are great  ;D) are wonderfull for spinning doughnuts on this stuff.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1289 on: December 29, 2007, 04:42:46 PM »
Perhaps the best thread on Getbig ever!

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=192628.0

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1290 on: December 29, 2007, 06:46:51 PM »
Daily driver in good weather, it was nasty in the rain and it still had all factory a/c and power steering. it got 15mpg with over 400hp, which surprised me.

I'd trailer it to the drag strip just in case i broke something because i used slicks. 11.76 at 116mph was the best 1/4 mile time.

i'd like to build another drag car soon, i want to put together a nasty turbo setup for my 01 GT but lack time for that right now.

8)

Over, What was your 60' on that run?
U

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #1291 on: December 30, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »
:)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1292 on: December 30, 2007, 12:59:39 PM »
Over, What was your 60' on that run?

1.62 - 60 ft on 26"x10.50" Et Streets at 11psi.  ;D

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1293 on: December 31, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »

hahaha good times.   8)

Training withj Arnold was the high point of my trip down there.

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1294 on: December 31, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »

8)

It seems anything with a little back wheel torque is nasty in the rain, I remember once getting caught in a freak snow storm. Needless to say I parked it, covered it until I could get it home safely.

It's deffinetly a great hobby, but not one for the broke man. Seems everything you do to your car, there is something else that need to be done after to optimize it.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1295 on: December 31, 2007, 10:39:05 AM »
i built the drivetrain to handle the horsepower, it didn't have a factory part on it besides the body. tremec TKO trans, auburn rear end and 31 spline axles.

it weighed 3050 pounds with me inside, it was a light ass car.

when it got traction it pulled like a freight train, but it got sideways in 1-3 gear if i had street tires on it.

i never lost a race on the freeway, even against those Z06 vets, i'd pull past them from 100mph to 160mph. ;D talk about some pissed off rich guys who just had their ego shattered by a home built mustang. ;)

8)

Did you ever try the 4th to 2nd gear boost, my buddy used to do it all the time in his old cobra, crazy I know but for some reason he pulled it off to win many races on the street.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1296 on: December 31, 2007, 10:40:21 AM »
Yeah, I dont see the attraction to making sure each factory sticker is in the right spot... ::)

I'd be puttin' on stiffer springs and jamming in as much tire as possible on that 67.

Ice? DAMN! 5 MORE INCHES Yesteday...  Its gettin dangerous at the intersections and driveways.
Cant see a car behind the snow piles...

Big parking lots (Churches are great  ;D) are wonderfull for spinning doughnuts on this stuff.

Churches are better, because then you can pray to god you don't break anything...lol.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1297 on: December 31, 2007, 10:40:38 AM »
It's deffinetly a great hobby, but not one for the broke man. Seems everything you do to your car, there is something else that need to be done after to optimize it.

Exactly why i'm not into it much anymore.

Every time i would upgrade something, i would have something else to upgrade or i would break something...lol

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #1298 on: December 31, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »
Did you ever try the 4th to 2nd gear boost, my buddy used to do it all the time in his old cobra, crazy I know but for some reason he pulled it off to win many races on the street.

Not with 4.10 gears...lol

i'd just stay in 3rd at around 4500rpm at the start of a freeway race and shift around 6400rpms...the engine made peak torque at 4200 and peak HP at 6100.

8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1299 on: December 31, 2007, 10:51:50 AM »
Exactly why i'm not into it much anymore.

Every time i would upgrade something, i would have something else to upgrade or i would break something...lol

8)

THis is why I whent to bikes... You only break the rider on them.
Throw a Open pipe on and replace the vacume response carbs w/ some Mikuni radial slides w/ accelorator pumps, advance timing a bit, and sync the carbs... You got more than most riders can deal with.

You should also see the snowmobiles they are makin today...  ::)