Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 830532 times)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #2425 on: November 13, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »
When I lived in Sacramento it was peaceful and gentle.

Now it's a dump.   :-[

DIV

No way, has been a dump for the last 20 years, even worse now  :-\

Nor Cal was ok when I was a kid, but it has been severly trashed, which is why I would never, ever live in that state again. Even our boy Arnie can't get it back to its glory years   :'(

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2426 on: November 13, 2008, 04:10:06 PM »
No way, has been a dump for the last 20 years, even worse now  :-\

Nor Cal was ok when I was a kid, but it has been severly trashed, which is why I would never, ever live in that state again. Even our boy Arnie can't get it back to its glory years   :'(

Some would argue that Arnold helped make it that way.   ;D

Venice beach?   :-\

I'm from California, but it's too expensive to live there.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2427 on: November 13, 2008, 04:13:13 PM »
Some would argue that Arnold helped make it that way.   ;D

Venice beach?   :-\

I'm from California, but it's too expensive to live there.

DIV

Not really, he is doing what he can, Pete Wilson made it pretty bad for a while before Arnie kicked him out when he got impeached.

My neice lives in that dump Venice with a roomate and pays over $1000 just for her share of rent! That beach used to be decent when I was a kid, now it is a homeless haven.

At least Az can learn from Cali's mistakes! Already have a better transit system, we just need Cali to fall off into the ocean so we can have a beach  ;D

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2428 on: November 13, 2008, 04:30:55 PM »
Not really, he is doing what he can, Pete Wilson made it pretty bad for a while before Arnie kicked him out when he got impeached.

My neice lives in that dump Venice with a roomate and pays over $1000 just for her share of rent! That beach used to be decent when I was a kid, now it is a homeless haven.

At least Az can learn from Cali's mistakes! Already have a better transit system, we just need Cali to fall off into the ocean so we can have a beach  ;D

1K for a slum in Venice!

JESUS! :o

DIV

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2429 on: November 13, 2008, 04:51:11 PM »

Venice is definitely a shit hole.  I work there and there's really only about one area I'd ever consider living in, the Canals are pretty nice, but everywhere else it's a dump and way overpriced.  I pay a bit more in Santa Monica and have a roomate, but SM is quite a bit better than Venice.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2430 on: November 13, 2008, 04:53:42 PM »
Venice is definitely a shit hole.  I work there and there's really only about one area I'd ever consider living in, the Canals are pretty nice, but everywhere else it's a dump and way overpriced.  I pay a bit more in Santa Monica and have a roomate, but SM is quite a bit better than Venice.
Yeah, but at 22 years old, that is about the only area she could afford  :(

Get out while you can my friend before you fall into the ocean!!

We are always accepting transplants next door in Az  ;)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2431 on: November 13, 2008, 04:57:03 PM »
Yeah, but at 22 years old, that is about the only area she could afford  :(

Get out while you can my friend before you fall into the ocean!!

We are always accepting transplants next door in Az  ;)

Well Culver City is a little cheaper, hell I had a HUGE 2 bedroom in West Hollywood for $1500 a month in a brand new building, granite counter tops, hard wood floors, walk in closets, brand new stainless steel appliances etc.  Just gotta be willing to look hard enough and you can find some places that aren't too bad.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2432 on: November 13, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »
Well Culver City is a little cheaper, hell I had a HUGE 2 bedroom in West Hollywood for $1500 a month in a brand new building, granite counter tops, hard wood floors, walk in closets, brand new stainless steel appliances etc.  Just gotta be willing to look hard enough and you can find some places that aren't too bad.

$1500 per month is alot of overhead.......

I like granite countertops as much as the next guy, but that's too much rent for a single guy.

Unless you have roommates or a woman to share the costs, how can you pull that off?   ???

DIV

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2433 on: November 13, 2008, 06:25:21 PM »
$1500 per month is alot of overhead.......

I like granite countertops as much as the next guy, but that's too much rent for a single guy.

Unless you have roommates or a woman to share the costs, how can you pull that off?   ???

DIV

Have a well paying job?  I don't have a lot of other bills, credit cards are all paid off but one, car is paid off and I live well beneath my means.  The 1 bedroom apartments in my current building start off at $1900 a month heh.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2434 on: November 13, 2008, 09:15:27 PM »
Have a well paying job?  I don't have a lot of other bills, credit cards are all paid off but one, car is paid off and I live well beneath my means.  The 1 bedroom apartments in my current building start off at $1900 a month heh.

I know what most of the regular guys here do, what do you do for a living? Just curious

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2435 on: November 13, 2008, 11:53:22 PM »

Living well beneath your means is key.........

Still, $1900 per month is sick........   :-X

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2436 on: November 14, 2008, 01:34:43 AM »
Alright boys, I am in some serious pain!

Messed up my back today at the gym doing legs. First injury I have had in a while. I've had some shoulder irritations for the last couple years but it's been something that I could work around. This may keep me limited for a while.

I injured the same spot a little over 4 years ago. I twisted a vertebra in my lower spine...3rd one from the bottom on the left side. I haven't had it looked at yet, will do so today, but it feels the exact same way.

Like I said, I was doing legs. I have some leg routines I do sometimes when I'm short on time that are pretty brutal. Today was:

Leg Ext: 3 sets of 100

Leg Press: start with 2 plates a side for 20, add 2 plates to each side every set and do 20 reps, last set, was with 8 plates per side, 20 reps and then drop it 2 plates each side and do 20 reps for each until you're left with 2 plates a side again. At that point, do 10 reps normally, then 10 reps with the feet as wide as they can get and then 10 reps with feet in the dead center touching each other.

Hack Squats: 1 plate per side for 10, 2 plates for 20, 3 plates for 30, 4 plates for 40, 5 plates for 50. Well, 50 reps is the idea, I've never been able to do it. Sometimes I can't make the 40 rep one either but usually close.

Anyway, made it through the leg ext and hacks fine, but on the 3rd set of hacks my back messed up. I am not sure what happened at all, I didn't notice it happen until I got done with the set and got off the hack squat. But it is killing me and pissing me off.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2437 on: November 14, 2008, 04:47:54 AM »

Messed up my back today at the gym doing legs. First injury I have had in a while. I've had some shoulder irritations for the last couple years but it's been something that I could work around. This may keep me limited for a while.

I injured the same spot a little over 4 years ago. I twisted a vertebra in my lower spine...3rd one from the bottom on the left side. I haven't had it looked at yet, will do so today, but it feels the exact same way.

Like I said, I was doing legs. I have some leg routines I do sometimes when I'm short on time that are pretty brutal. Today was:

Leg Press: start with 2 plates a side for 20, add 2 plates to each side every set and do 20 reps, last set, was with 8 plates per side, 20 reps and then drop it 2 plates each side and do 20 reps for each until you're left with 2 plates a side again. At that point, do 10 reps normally, then 10 reps with the feet as wide as they can get and then 10 reps with feet in the dead center touching each other.

Hack Squats: 1 plate per side for 10, 2 plates for 20, 3 plates for 30, 4 plates for 40, 5 plates for 50. Well, 50 reps is the idea, I've never been able to do it. Sometimes I can't make the 40 rep one either but usually close.

Anyway, made it through the leg ext and hacks fine, but on the 3rd set of hacks my back messed up. I am not sure what happened at all, I didn't notice it happen until I got done with the set and got off the hack squat. But it is killing me and pissing me off.

You probally just strained your muscles, bet you will be OK in a week or so.

Man that hack squat is the place i hurt my back last, I dont do them hard often.

That workout sounds crazy hard!  I would like to see the guy who can do 50 reps with 5 plates per on the hack squat even on thier first set!!  That would take huge determination!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2438 on: November 14, 2008, 07:53:41 AM »
You probally just strained your muscles, bet you will be OK in a week or so.

Man that hack squat is the place i hurt my back last, I dont do them hard often.

That workout sounds crazy hard!  I would like to see the guy who can do 50 reps with 5 plates per on the hack squat even on thier first set!!  That would take huge determination!

Hope you're right and it's just some strain...probably should be careful with it the next little bit though to be on the safe side.

As for the 5 plates a side for 50, I know two guys that can do it every time and it is amazing...blows my mind.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2439 on: November 14, 2008, 03:57:23 PM »

Crazy routine. I've never been able to go over 50reps on the extensions. Anyway, hope you get better...rest some partner. Don't mess with your back. You don't want to end up like me.  :'(

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2440 on: November 14, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »
AJ do you do Hacks on a machine or with a BB?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2441 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »

It's been awhile since I've done BB hacks...maybe I'll try them again next week.  :-\

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2442 on: November 14, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »

I do them on a machine and I hate the hack squat machine that we have at my gym. It's the hammer strength brand one and it's one of the few hammer strength brand machines that I think is a piece of crap.

The first pic is the kind of hack squat we have. The second is the kind I like. I've noticed before that with the hammer strength brand hack squat machine it is easy to let your lower back and but come up and creat a space of air when you go all the way down, which is what I am guessing must have happened...I'm not sure if that's what happened or not because I didn't notice it until I came off of the machine.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2443 on: November 14, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »
I do them on a machine and I hate the hack squat machine that we have at my gym. It's the hammer strength brand one and it's one of the few hammer strength brand machines that I think is a piece of crap.

The first pic is the kind of hack squat we have. The second is the kind I like. I've noticed before that with the hammer strength brand hack squat machine it is easy to let your lower back and but come up and creat a space of air when you go all the way down, which is what I am guessing must have happened...I'm not sure if that's what happened or not because I didn't notice it until I came off of the machine.

Yea the second type is the one I use. You can put a pad under your back with it to really help with any back issues.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2444 on: November 14, 2008, 05:15:25 PM »

I recommend you drop the hacksquats compeletely from your workouts and focus on functional movements, less on machines.

Those hacksquats will fuck up your lower back like nothing else.

Stick to free weight squats......

DIV

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2445 on: November 14, 2008, 05:24:56 PM »
I've got to tell you guys how disgusted I am with the Executives in our company and just corporate American in general.  I've got a first had view since I report directly to the CEO and therefore interact with the managment team on a regular basis.  They are the most dishonest and greedy group of people I've come across.  They would do anything to line their pockets and protect their jobs, even at the expense of the other people in the company.  I could give you numerous examples that would disgust you.

They've manipulated the compensation system over the last few years to their own benefit.  Now since we are facing a liquidity crisis, they've assigned me to a team to find ways to cut costs.  Part of the initiative is to plan and conduct a "RIF" or Reduction in Force.  We have 4,700 employees and will likely get rid of about 10%.  Keep in mind that they just worked it out so they still get their bonus, but the rest of the employees will not get merit increases, bonuses, etc.  It disgusts me...we can afford to pay the execs $50MM in bonuses, but we can't afford to keep these employees?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2446 on: November 14, 2008, 05:26:59 PM »
I've got to tell you guys how disgusted I am with the Executives in our company and just corporate American in general.  I've got a first had view since I report directly to the CEO and therefore interact with the managment team on a regular basis.  They are the most dishonest and greedy group of people I've come across.  They would do anything to line their pockets and protect their jobs, even at the expense of the other people in the company.  I could give you numerous examples that would disgust you.

They've manipulated the compensation system over the last few years to their own benefit.  Now since we are facing a liquidity crisis, they've assigned me to a team to find ways to cut costs.  Part of the initiative is to plan and conduct a "RIF" or Reduction in Force.  We have 4,700 employees and will likely get rid of about 10%.  Keep in mind that they just worked it out so they still get their bonus, but the rest of the employees will not get merit increases, bonuses, etc.  It disgusts me...we can afford to pay the execs $50MM in bonuses, but we can't afford to keep these employees?

Not too all uncommon, sadly.  You have to be a dishonest greedy fuck to be rich, there's really nothing else to it.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2447 on: November 14, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »
Not too all uncommon, sadly.  You have to be a dishonest greedy fuck to be rich, there's really nothing else to it.

Sometimes you fall in to a trust fund.......

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2448 on: November 14, 2008, 06:57:51 PM »
I recommend you drop the hacksquats compeletely from your workouts and focus on functional movements, less on machines.

Those hacksquats will fuck up your lower back like nothing else.

Stick to free weight squats......

DIV

For the most part I do...most all of my leg training revolves around regular squats, front squats, lunges etc. Now my legs have always been a strong point for me, both in terms of look and strength and I really believe hacks played apart in the way my quads look. But if they are going to be a problem obviously I have no choice but to scrap them.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2449 on: November 14, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »
For the most part I do...most all of my leg training revolves around regular squats, front squats, lunges etc. Now my legs have always been a strong point for me, both in terms of look and strength and I really believe hacks played apart in the way my quads look. But if they are going to be a problem obviously I have no choice but to scrap them.

I noticed that my lower back took a pounding from hacksquats, the compression involved isn't the same as with regular squats.

At least with regular squats your spine remains in its natural alignment, with hacks it's forces flat with no give which puts your lower back in a precarious position.

I don't recommend squats in the Smith Machine for the same reason.

It's not a natural movement.

DIV