Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Gym/Stores/Industry Business Board

Online Venture Capital:

(1/2) > >>

Montague:
Does anyone have first or even second-hand experience with online venture capital (VC) firms?

Certain key restrictions were lifted several years ago, softening the requirements for more people to become angel investors with VC firms - enabling them to invest in syndicates (essentially, a VC fund) under a lead investor. 

The lead does deals on the platform using the syndicate’s (and often their own) money. If/when there is a return, the lead takes a “carry” (commission) on the returns of each investor in their syndicate.   

It sounds appealing if maybe you’ve got a couple of grand to “play with.” I simply have never spoken with anyone who’s personally done or knows someone who’s done it.

Princess L:

--- Quote from: Montague on February 25, 2018, 03:45:51 AM ---Does anyone have first or even second-hand experience with online venture capital (VC) firms?

Certain key restrictions were lifted several years ago, softening the requirements for more people to become angel investors with VC firms - enabling them to invest in syndicates (essentially, a VC fund) under a lead investor.  

The lead does deals on the platform using the syndicate’s (and often their own) money. If/when there is a return, the lead takes a “carry” (commission) on the returns of each investor in their syndicate.  

It sounds appealing if maybe you’ve got a couple of grand to “play with.” I simply have never spoken with anyone who’s personally done or knows someone who’s done it.

--- End quote ---

Are you talking about First Trust Deeds or crowdfunding?

Montague:

--- Quote from: Princess L on June 22, 2018, 12:06:13 PM ---Are you talking about First Trust Deeds or crowdfunding?

--- End quote ---

Ah... now I know what you're talking about.

My original post relates more to the crowd funding type, although I was more interested in a somewhat newer form of angel investing platforms lead by syndicates.
I really lost interest, though, after listening to a podcast with Chris Sacca.

Rinka:
Well, yes I was having venture business. It was risky, dangerous but it was the best thing that I expirienced in last years. However, I think that when you are doing venture, you need to remember about investing capital. I was using this software for marketing target

IroNat:
I would consult Robby Robinson on this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version