Author Topic: Antivaxxer Freedom! 🙄🙄🙄  (Read 2846 times)

Freemason

• Getbig III
  • Tree Trimmer Extraordinaire
Re: Antivaxxer Freedom! 🙄🙄🙄
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2022, 03:41:15 PM »
Here in the USA group insurance plans can NOT charge more for anyone regardless of vax status or any other factors. Everyone pays the same by law. A few “woke” companies attempted to charge a separate fee early on (perhaps Delta was one?) but those were quickly challenged and shut down.

In fact most group plans charge you the same rate for family coverage with one kid or ten kids. I pay about $500 a month for top tier PPO coverage for the whole family.

Canadians are fucked. But I guess that goes along with not being able to own property up there either. Bunch of frigid slaves to the queen in the great white north.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2022, 04:32:56 PM »
🙂

you do know that news headline validates exactly what he wrote dont you?

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "I'm a business GENIUS."
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2022, 04:35:46 PM »
🙂

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2022, 04:38:28 PM »
😆

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2022, 04:43:21 PM »
😆

Liar.

There will be no coming back from where you are going.   

FOADAFDG

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2022, 04:50:49 PM »
Here in the USA group insurance plans can NOT charge more for anyone regardless of vax status or any other factors. Everyone pays the same by law. A few “woke” companies attempted to charge a separate fee early on (perhaps Delta was one?) but those were quickly challenged and shut down.

In fact most group plans charge you the same rate for family coverage with one kid or ten kids. I pay about $500 a month for top tier PPO coverage for the whole family.

Canadians are fucked. But I guess that goes along with not being able to own property up there either. Bunch of frigid slaves to the queen in the great white north.

$500 a month for full family coverage is amazing. Is this insurance through your employer? Before I retired, I had 2 party PPO health insurance through my employer. Most of the $1,200 monthly premium cost was paid by my employer, I think I paid less than $100 a month. Like yours, it was top tier coverage.

Since retiring, I am on Regence MedAdvantage Classic, also a PPO. The monthly Medicare part B premium is $170, and the Regence MedAdvantage adds another $47 to that which includes Part D. and provides slightly better coverage than basic Medicare does. Some people think Medicare is free. This is not true. 

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2022, 09:59:16 AM »
I'm just saying to OAK - he's trying to threaten me as an unvaccinated person, that I will pay more for healthcare.

But I wouldn't. In my health status, I'd get private insurance easily.

So if Canada is REALLY going down that road - fine. I can accept that.

So much for the unvaccinated not costing our healthcare system more.

🙄

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2022, 10:29:36 AM »
So much for the unvaccinated not costing our healthcare system more.

🙄

To die of Covid, you first need to be at risk for dying of Covid:

- Over the age of 65-70.
- Multiple underlying diseases.

Among people at my age and in my health status, the odds of dying of Covid are lower than 1 in 300,000.

So this doesn't apply to me.

You should go tell all your obese friends to get boosters.

Even then, I am not convinced that it would be good for them. I am waiting on more studies.

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2022, 10:41:49 AM »
To die of Covid, you first need to be at risk for dying of Covid:

- Over the age of 65-70.
- Multiple underlying diseases.

Among people at my age and in my health status, the odds of dying of Covid are lower than 1 in 300,000.

So this doesn't apply to me.

You should go tell all your obese friends to get boosters.

Even then, I am not convinced that it would be good for them. I am waiting on more studies.

Don’t forget.

Because you previously had pneumonia (rare for someone so young) you’re in the second highest risk group for COVID.

When it comes to COVID you’re less healthy than the obese.

🙂

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2022, 02:12:51 PM »
Don’t forget.

Because you previously had pneumonia (rare for someone so young) you’re in the second highest risk group for COVID.

When it comes to COVID you’re less healthy than the obese.

🙂

I am chided by some Getbiggers because I took/take reasonable precautions to avoid getting or having serious symptoms from COVID. The first time I had pneumonia was as a newborn. As a kid and an adult when I caught the common cold it would progress to bronchial or pneumococcal pneumonia. In addition to this, I have allergies which likely triggered several asthma attacks during my lifetime. At least one of which landed me in the ER.

Another common factor with risk of severe COVID symptoms is old age. I am literally a week off from being 78 years old. At least I am not also obese, or it would be 3 strikes and you are out, audios amigos!

Weighing the above against the possible negative side effects from COVID vaccines. Getting vaccinated was a no-brainer. Any rational thinking person would do the same.

When I had COVID last February, I was lucky in that I had none of the immediate common symptoms such as a headache, nausea, and fever. Not surprisingly, I did get pneumonia which my doctor treated with antibiotics. It took two prescriptions back-to-back to finally knock out the pneumonia. It is possible that COVID caused me some inner ear problems which have gradually improved. I could not get an appointment with an ENT doctor until September. It seems possible they are overwhelmed with ‘long COVID’ patients. .