Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Steroids Info & Hardcore

Blood work knowledge & HCG's effect on HPTA

<< < (5/8) > >>

GetBigOrDieTrying:
Found it...

Think Anthony Roberts wrote this , maybe wrong?

"As regards HCGīs use of Post-Cycle-Therapy (PCT), smaller and more frequent doses after a cycle of AAS would give the best results with the least amount of side effects. A dose of 250iu to 500iu everyday (ed) for 2 to 3 weeks is plenty and should very little from person to person (3). The Physicians Desk Reference recommends 500iu/day, as did the late, great, Dan Duchaine. The smaller doses are sufficient enough to begin reversal of testicular atrophy and used in conjunction with nolvade, will help the already present problem of recovery without raising the levels of estrogen to high and increasing the risk of gynecomastia in the user. Lower doses of 250iu to 500iu also avoid the further risk of down regulating LH receptors in the testes. The old saying more is better definitely does not apply to the use of HCG. You donīt want to finish PCT after using too much HCG only to find out your back at the beginning again. Your best bet is to start at 250iu or 500iu ed for 5 or 6 days, and if you donīt notice anything happening (nuts dropping and getting bigger) up the dose slightly. Small doses like 500iu two days a week isnīt going to cut it like some people think. The only thing small doses of HCG ay be useful (sublingually) for is reducing symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (7). Yeah, thatīs right, you can probably reduce some symptoms of an enlarged prostate with the use of small doses of HCG.

As stated above the cycles of HCG should be in the 2 to 3 week range with a least one month off in between, you could stretch your cycle out to four weeks without any major concern if you are using lower doses. One should however take care when using HCG as prolonged use could repress the bodyīs natural production of gonadotropins permanently, but this is mostly just pure speculation as it does not have yet to be reported nor has there been a case of an overdose. To be on the safe side shorter cycles of HCG seem to be that of the norm. Most users cycle HCG near the end of a steroid cycle, you should start your HCG therapy on the last week of your cycle. For best results you should also run nolva while you run HCG as taking HCG by itself will do little to nothing and gyno even though rare may also flair up. Once the HCG cycle is finished you continue with your usual clomid or nolvadex (preferably the latter) for pct as it is more effective when used in conjunction HCG for pct. With an AAS cycle of 6 to 10 weeks HCG may not be necessary unless extreme doses of AAS were used or there is an existing problem of testicular atrophy or you are running a heavy oral only cycle. AAS cycles of 12 or more weeks should have HCG as a part of post cycle plan."

DirtyDirt:
i had my tests done two weeks ago after reading this post.
I'm 33 years old and although i haven't had any bloodwork done in about 5 years, i was always a healthy cat. I decided that it was time to go again since it's been quite a while and i was about to start a cycle. My main concern was my HDL cholesterol which was diagnosed as being quite low 5 years ago. Whe i went back last week for my results i specifically asked the dr about my HDL, he said it was an 83, which was high and good. he asked if i've been drinking red wine, which i haven't. He asked what i've been doing that would have brought it from low to outstandingly high and i didn't realize what it was until i got home. Every morning i have a protein shake with VPX fiberteq (Fiber supplement) and VPX thinfat EFA, i've been having this shake at least 5 days a week for about 1 1/2 years now, turns out that was the golden ticket....for those of you juicers reading this, juice actually lowers your HDL, if this is the case, follow my steps, it works....good luck!!!!

muscleup:
Really helpful information.  I knew that HCG was recommended, but did not really understand the physiology behind the usage.

witless:
i would have to say this is one of the best post i have had the pleasure of reading...thanks

littlechris:
i am on hormone replacement therapy year round, at 300 mg test per week.  doctor recommends 500 iu of h.c.g. twice per week indefinetly. i also take 0.5 mg anastrozole per day. hope this helps

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version