Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 754765 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Breaking News : Mickey Rourke Back In at Wrestlemania
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 08:31:08 PM »
In response to news breaking today of Mickey Rourke pulling of out of his proposed match with Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 25, Vince McMahon issued the following statement to E Online:

"I am pleased that Mickey Rourke will be in attendance at WrestleMania to support the WWE Superstars who support him and the film in which he stars, The Wrestler."

source PWinsider.com

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____________

The Associated Press issued the following this evening:

Mickey Rourke won't rumble with WWE superstar
HOUSTON (AP) — A spokeswoman for actor Mickey Rourke says he won't be taking his role as a professional wrestler into a real-life ring after all.

Paula Woods told The Associated Press on Wednesday night that Rourke will not wrestle WWE superstar Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania 25 in April at Houston's Reliant Stadium.

Woods wrote in an e-mail that the Oscar-nominated actor "will not be participating in Wrestlemania. He is focusing entirely on his acting career."

Rourke portrays professional wrestler Randy the Ram in the acclaimed movie "The Wrestler." He made a surprise announcement about the wrestling event Sunday night on the red carpet before the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles.

Rourke had said he was going to toss Jericho "around the ring like tossed salad."

source pwinsider.com

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
G.L.O.W. is Returning
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 10:52:35 PM »
GLOW Open Casting Call!

The 1980's TV sensation is getting ready to cast a new generation of GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) girls to take part in an incredible journey! If you think you have what it takes, show up in person!

Tuesday, January 27th, 2009
Between 4-6 PM

Big Vision Entertainment
14431 Hamlin St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
818-779-0703

If you have questions, please Email: mikehartsfield@gmail.com (email is quickest and more effective than calling)

You do not need experience in professional wrestling to take part. We are looking for a very wide range of types and styles of people. You do not need to RSVP, jus' come on down!

Think you have what it takes? PROVE IT! We will see you there!!

View GLOW on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/glowrestling

View Big Vision Entertainment on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bigvisionentertainment
Source wrestlingworldnews.com

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
Re: G.L.O.W. is Returning
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 11:29:12 PM »
GLOW Open Casting Call!

The 1980's TV sensation is getting ready to cast a new generation of GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) girls to take part in an incredible journey! If you think you have what it takes, show up in person!

Tuesday, January 27th, 2009
Between 4-6 PM

Big Vision Entertainment
14431 Hamlin St.
Van Nuys, CA 91401
818-779-0703

If you have questions, please Email: mikehartsfield@gmail.com (email is quickest and more effective than calling)

You do not need experience in professional wrestling to take part. We are looking for a very wide range of types and styles of people. You do not need to RSVP, jus' come on down!

Think you have what it takes? PROVE IT! We will see you there!!

View GLOW on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/glowrestling

View Big Vision Entertainment on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bigvisionentertainment
Source wrestlingworldnews.com

Oh shit this will be hot.  ;D

The big question is, what will they be wearing? Hmmmmm.... ;)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 11:50:43 PM »
I don't know but I'm sure I will be cracking

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 11:53:14 PM »
I don't know but I'm sure I will be cracking
;D Yes I will as well. I was thinking they need a women's league. I just hope the wardrobes are skimpy, that's the most important thing to me right now.  ;)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Re: News and Notes
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 02:56:09 AM »
 Big Name Finally Going Into The WWE HOF This Year, Adamle Honored
By Daniel Pena
Jan 28, 2009 - 3:41:52 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- It has been confirmed that Ricky Steamboat will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. He will be inducted by Ric Flair.

Steamboat and Ted DiBiase got a lot of votes for last year's internal election regarding the WWE Hall of Fame. Vince McMahon takes the candidates with the most votes under consideration but makes all the picks in the end. The two wrestling legends weren't snubbed last year, but Vince knows he can't put all the best candidates in at once, so they are spread out over years.

-- Mike Adamle was honored with the "Worst Television Announcer" award in the 29th annual Wrestling Observer Newsletter readership awards announced last week. Adamle beat out TNA color commentator Don West by 259 votes. Here is the final voting tally:

1. MIKE ADAMLE (289)1,623
2. Don West (93)1,364
3. Michael Cole (107)1,310
4. Todd Grisham (70)806
5. Mike Tenay (12)274
6. Jerry Lawler (4)172
7. Mauro Ranallo (14)141
8. Tazz (13)107
9. Bubba the Love Sponge (12)90
10. Jay Glazer 67

-- In case you missed it, you can see the trailer for WWE's next highly anticipated feature film, 12 Rounds, at WWE.com. The film starring WWE Raw Superstar John Cena is scheduled to hit theaters on Friday, March 27, 2009. The movie is rated "PG-13" for "intense sequences of violence and action" by the MPAA.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 02:57:30 AM »
WWE Comments On Mickey Rourke Appearing At WrestleMania
By Michael Bluth
Jan 28, 2009 - 8:30:49 PM

Source: Reuters.com

Reuters news service published a story today questioning whether Mickey Rourke is actually signed for a WrestleMania 25 appearance to wrestle Chris Jericho after Rourke appeared to back down from Chris Jericho last night Larry King Live.

When Larry King asked Rourke if he will wrestle Jericho, Rourke said no. ”It’s not my world, I was a professional fighter. Would I box him in a boxing ring or a bare-knuckle match? Yeah,” Rourke said. “Wrestling? That’s his world, that’s what this man does.”

That did not please Jericho, who told Rourke he had no respect for the actor and playing a wrestler in a movie is nothing like being one in real life. So will the two actually end up fighting in the ring?

WWE is playing up the spat for all it’s worth, even without pledging that Rourke will show up at WrestleMania.

A WWE spokesperson told Reuters that "Rourke is still in talks" to appear at WrestleMania. ”You never know what’s going to happen at the 25th anniversary of WrestleMania.”

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 02:58:31 AM »
AP Reports Mickey Rourke Not Appearing At WrestleMania 25
By Daniel Pena
Jan 28, 2009 - 11:33:27 PM

The Associated Press issued the following press release this evening saying Mickey Rourke won't be appearing at WrestleMania after all:

Mickey Rourke won't rumble with WWE superstar

HOUSTON (AP) — A spokeswoman for actor Mickey Rourke says he won't be taking his role as a professional wrestler into a real-life ring after all.

Paula Woods told The Associated Press on Wednesday night that Rourke will not wrestle WWE superstar Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania 25 in April at Houston's Reliant Stadium.

Woods wrote in an e-mail that the Oscar-nominated actor "will not be participating in Wrestlemania. He is focusing entirely on his acting career."

Rourke portrays professional wrestler Randy the Ram in the acclaimed movie "The Wrestler." He made a surprise announcement about the wrestling event Sunday night on the red carpet before the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles.

Rourke had said he was going to toss Jericho "around the ring like tossed salad."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 02:59:05 AM »
Former TNA Star Backstage At Raw, WWE SVR 2009 Sales Disappoint
By Daniel Pena
Jan 28, 2009 - 10:15:33 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Former TNA Superstar Johnny Devine was backstage at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view, and according to SLAM! Wrestling, at Monday's Raw in Cleveland as well. Devine was also backstage at the Raw in Toronto a few weeks ago. There has been talk between both sides.

-- WWE flew in Bill Watts last week to get him ready for his upcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame, and also tape a couple of "Legends of Wrestling" discussion show episodes for WWE 24/7. WWE taped one episode focusing on the history of African-American wrestlers with a panel of Watts, Dusty Rhodes, Jim Ross, Teddy Long and Tony Atlas. Ron Simmons was scheduled to participate in the show, but when he got released two weeks ago, Tony Atlas got the slot. WWE also taped a show with Watts and Rhodes regarding the history of wrestling in the state of Texas.

-- TNA iMPACT is not the only wrestling video game
having sales difficulty as sales for the SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 are reportedly down as well. Sales were down 22% at of the end of the year compared with the same time period for the 2008 version of the game. THQ was hoping to break even this year, but lackluster sales for the WWE game as well as the SpongeBob SquarePants game (down 19% from last year) will make it difficult for the video game publisher. "The WWE decline is particularly concerning since that franchise had been one of THQ's last bastions of strength," said Cowen and Company analyst Doug Creutz. The decline was said to be more alarming since this year's game has considerably better critical reviews compared to last year. {THQ Will Miss Targets - Analyst}

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 03:03:06 AM »

NEWS > WWE >

Posted in: WWE
Mickey Rourke
Drops Out Of WrestleMania?, Candice At K-Mart, More
By Daniel Pena
Jan 28, 2009 - 10:38:58 PM

-- According to a post on the L.A. gossip blog Defamer.com, Mickey Rourke is having second thoughts about appearing at Wrestlemania. Rourke's publicist issued the following statement to the gossip blog this afternoon: "Mickey was very honored to be asked as he has the greatest respect for WWE however he will not be participating in Wrestle-Mania. He is focusing entirely on his acting
career." You can read the blog post at the following link. They posted another blog earlier in the day regarding his appearance on Larry King Live last night with Chris Jerichosaying an appearance at WrestleMania could cost him the Oscar for his role in The Wrestler. They wrote: "Though Jericho was clearly into it, Rourke seemed withdrawn—perhaps realizing that the Academy likes to hand out awards that they think will encourage legitimate work, not paid faux-sports appearances on cable that Rourke could probably even have secured pre-comeback."

-- Starting this weekend, the weekly replay of Raw on mun2 will be airing at 6:00 p.m on Sundays instead of Wednesday nights.

-- Attention K-Mart shoppers, Candice Michelle, Layla and The Miz will be appearing at the discount department store in Los Angeles, California on Thursday, March 12 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 03:04:11 AM »

NEWS > WWE >

WWE
Official Wants MVP On ECW, Latest From Lilian Garcia; Finland
By Daniel Pena
Jan 28, 2009 - 11:22:17 PM

-- Howard Finkel posted a blog on the WWE Universe site asking how General Manager Theodore Long could let Matt Hardy walk away from ECW without getting anyone in return. "Teddy, what were you thinking? What is wrong with you?," Finkel wrote. "How could you let Matt Hardy just walk away from ECW, and not get anything in return from SmackDown? Once Matt expressed his desire to you to be released, did you not even think about picking up the phone, calling your SmackDown GM counterpart Vickie Guerrero, and regardless of past feelings, let her know of Matt's desires, and attempt to make a deal with her?" Finkel believes Long should have made a deal with Guerrero and asked for MVP in return. "The air is stagnant now for MVP, and in my opinion, all he needs is a fresh start to get back on track," Finkel wrote. "It's amazing what a change of scenery can do for someone. And Teddy, MVP is that talented enough that he WOULD have made a difference in your brand; believe that playa!!!" Finkel also asks what happened to the "new talent initiative" on ECW. Finkel believes MVP could have fit into that category quiet well. (Teddy, What Happened?)

-- Lilian Garcia posted a blog answering select questions from fans on her MySpace account {myspace.com/liliangarcia). Lilian is asked to name her most memorable moment during her time in WWE, but she can't pick just one. You can read what she has to say at the following link.

-- WWE will be returning to Finland after a long absence. They will be holding a house show at the Ice Hall in Helsinki, Finland on June 10th, 2009. Tickets go on sale February 23rd, 2009 at 9 AM. This will be the first WWE event in Helsinki since November of 2005. Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide. (Thanks to Devin Cutting)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »
John Cena Superbowl Commercial, Dr. Astin Pleads Guilty, RVD News
By Michael Bluth
Jan 29, 2009 - 11:56:09 AM

-- This Sunday night is the National Football League's SuperBowl XLIII on NBC. Multichannelnews.com reports that characters from all of the USA Network's original series will be featured in a 60-second promo that "weaves the on-air talent into the daily life of a USA viewer" and will air immediately after the game. The featured characters include Tony Shalhoub (Monk), Debra Messing (The Starter Wife) and World Heavyweight Champion John Cena.

-- The Atlanta Journal Constituion is reporting that Dr. Phil Astin, who was Chris Benoit's personal doctor, has changed his plea from "not guilty" to "guilty" in a Georgia courtroom this morning. Astin is charged with 175 counts of unlawful drug distribution to various clients, including Chris Benoit and other WWE superstars. He faces up to 20 years in prison and $1 million in fines. His sentencing is scheduled for May 12. Visit AJC.com for the full report.

-- Reader Matt sent the following: "On RVD radio, Van Dam has stated that he is going to be filming a movie with director David Defalco titled "Wrong Side of Town". RVD stated that the film was written especially for him and that it will be an action movie. Filming is going to take place in February, putting live RVD radio shows on hiatus till March. Blog Talk Radio will however air "Best Of RVD Radio" until he returns from filming. One other note to RVD fans, I highly recommend checking out RVD Radio. He always has a plethora of guests such as: Sonya Van Dam, Sabu, Fonzie, Kid Cash, Gregory Helms, Booker T, Harry Slash (the ECW theme song writer) and many others. He also gives updates on his new projects and of course always has interesting topics that stimulate some great conversation."

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »
The problem with this concept is that, now, the WWE and TNA already have their own versions of GLOW. When the original GLOW was hot, there was nothing like it.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »
Jim Ross Blog: Mickey Rourke, Umaga's Return, RVD's Wife
By Michael Bluth
Jan 29, 2009 - 8:40:14 AM

Jim Ross updated the blog section of JRsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:

- Mickey Rourke & Chris Jericho: "Mickey Rourke seems like a likable guy as depicted on The Larry King Show on CNN this week. I caught the replay while in Indianapolis and was entertained by Rourke's laid back banter and mild rebuttal to Chris Jericho as the two of them discussed various possibilities at Wrestlemania 25. If Rourke and Jericho were ever to meet in a wrestling ring, I wonder how many die hard wrestling fans would boo the Golden Globe winning actor and cheer the controversial Jericho? Second question is, does it matter if there is a backside every 18"?"

- An update on Rob Van Dam's wife: "The highlight of the Royal Rumble was seeing RVD's wife Sonja who looked absolutely amazing especially in light that she just finished several weeks of chemotherapy in her battle with cancer. I am so thankful that Sonja, with her husband's support, is winning her fight with the Big "C" as this native Oklahoma lass is one of the nicest wrestler's wives in the business."

- Umaga's Return: "Umaga returns to Friday Night Smackdown this week which will add an addition spark to the broadcast. It also appears that Matt Hardy likely will be joining the SD roster which adds much needed, main event depth to the show as well."

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 10:06:25 AM »
Bobby Lashley Down With An Injury, Terri Helps Man Battle Illness
By Daniel Pena
Jan 28, 2009 - 9:54:32 PM

-- According to MMAJunkie.com, former WWE wrestler Bobby Lashley has been forced to pull out of his second MMA fight after suffering an ankle ligament injury during a training session. No other information regarding his injury has been disclosed at this time.

-- Hemeltoday.co.uk has a story on Terri Runnels helping a 28-year-old man from the UK suffering with failing kidneys and in desperate need of a transplant. The former WWE Diva has promised to fly to the UK from Florida to be by his side if a donor can be found. The fan started speaking to Terri last summer after he began posting tributes on her on the internet. "When I was younger I didn't like wrestling but my friend was watching it and I saw her and thought, 'wow she is gorgeous' and that's how it started," 28-year-old Martin Duggan said. "When we started talking I told her my problems and knowing that I am a big fan she took an interest in me and it meant a lot." Terri explained to Hemeltoday.co.uk what the fan means to her. "Martin is the sweetest teddy bear in the world to me. I have a plethora of fans across the world and he is a true die-hard fan," Terri said. "I have told him I will do whatever I can to be with him when he has the operation. If I lived in the UK in a heart beat I would be tested to see if I'm a match for him. People only need one kidney, so if there was anyone out there who could help it
would be amazing." {Wrestling stars helps man battle illness}

-- ShelbyStar.com has an article on Ric Flair headlining a wrestling fundraiser in Shelby, North Carolina on Saturday, May 2, 2009 at the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 10:34:06 AM »
Flair's Reality Show, Angle Lands Movie Role, THQ Not Closing
By Michael Bluth
Jan 29, 2009 - 1:28:44 PM

-- PWInsider.com reports that Ric Flair's new reality television pilot is currently being shopped around Hollywood
. The production company, Pink Sneakers ("Hogan Knows Best"), is looking for network financing so they can film a full season.

-- FilmStew.com is reporting that Kurt Angle has signed on to play the lead role in the upcoming action film "Rescue from Hell," which begins shooting this Spring.

-- The John Cena film "12 Rounds" has launched an official website at www.12rounds-movie.com.

-- Earlier today, video game website N-Europe broke the news that THQ, which publishes WWE's SmackDown vs. RAW franchise and is developing the upcoming "Legends of WrestleMania" game, was on the verge of shutting down. After stirring up a lot of commotion, N-Europe later issued following retraction: "Updated - THQ have contacted N-Europe and debunked the story. We apologise for raising a panic; we had good reason to trust our source on this matter, but it looks like some wires were crossed along the way."

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Breaking News : Mickey Rourke Out Of Wrestlemania !
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 09:16:31 PM »
Apparently Vince has now come out and said that Rourke will be at Wrestlemania, although he didn't state whether it would be in a match.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Breaking News : Mickey Rourke Out Of Wrestlemania !
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 09:40:40 PM »
hollywood told rourke this would hurt his chance of winning the oscar thats why he had to step out.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 01:04:40 AM »

NEWS > WWE >

McMahon Upset Over Internet Rumor, Greatest WrestleMania Legend
By Daniel Pena
Jan 29, 2009 - 6:07:28 PM

sources: PWInsider.com, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- As reported yesterday, Ric Flair will be inducting Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat in this year's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin had his sights set on Flair inducting him, but when word got out regarding his request, Vince McMahon got upset and shot the plan down. No word yet on who will be inducting Austin.

-- Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit drew a legitimate sellout, announced at 16,685 fans (14,000 paid) with a $800,000 gate.

-- WWE.com has a poll asking fans to vote for the greatest WrestleMania legend of all-time. Five wrestlers are listing including Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Ted DiBiase, Mick Foley and Big Show. You can vote in the poll at the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 08:10:10 AM »
Brooke Hogan To Wrestle Reid Flair At Florida State Fair
By Michael Bluth
Jan 30, 2009 - 10:35:11 AM

Source: TampaBay.com

Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair are two of the biggest names in pro wrestling history. With their children making their way into the entertainment business, you knew it was only a matter of time before the second generation squared off in the ring.

According to TampaBay.com, Brooke Hogan and her VH1 handlers are shooting an episode of Brooke Knows Best at the Florida State Fair on February 6th. A deal for Brooke to wrestle at the event is "90 percent done" and her will be none other than Reid Flair. The match will take place in a circus tent after the last show of the day by Circus Hollywood.

The newspaper speculated that "The Hulkster and Co. are no doubt going to show up for those shenanigans." We'll keep you posted.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 09:19:31 AM »
Brooke Hogan To Wrestle Reid Flair At Florida State Fair
By Michael Bluth
Jan 30, 2009 - 10:35:11 AM

Source: TampaBay.com

Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair are two of the biggest names in pro wrestling history. With their children making their way into the entertainment business, you knew it was only a matter of time before the second generation squared off in the ring.

According to TampaBay.com, Brooke Hogan and her VH1 handlers are shooting an episode of Brooke Knows Best at the Florida State Fair on February 6th. A deal for Brooke to wrestle at the event is "90 percent done" and her will be none other than Reid Flair. The match will take place in a circus tent after the last show of the day by Circus Hollywood.

The newspaper speculated that "The Hulkster and Co. are no doubt going to show up for those shenanigans." We'll keep you posted.

Thats pretty damn funny

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 08:28:28 PM »
YEH, I WAS LIKE WHAT THE FU.CK IS SHE DOING

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2009, 05:55:06 AM »
Shane McMahon's Missed Punches, JBL Appearance Flops, Bourne DVD
By Daniel Pena
Jan 30, 2009 - 4:17:13 PM

source: PWInsider.com

-- According to a fan in attendance, John Bradshaw Layfield's appearance at Ohio Valley Wrestling this past Tuesday drew poorly. It's interesting to note that last September, JBL did an autograph signing for his MamaJuana Energy Drink at The Vitamin Shoppe in Cleveland a few hours prior to the Unforgiven pay-per-view and according to a fan in attendance who attends countless shows & signings, it drew around a dozen fans. It was also a free signing. Back to his appearance this past Tuesday, OVW had been building up a JBL match on television for several weeks, but an issue with the Kentucky Athletic Commission prevented him from working the OVW house show that night in The Davis Arena.

-- Image Entertainment, Inc. released a DVD on current ECW wrestler Evan Bourne titled "Before They Were Stars: Matt Sydal: Bourne Is Born" last week. The DVD features every match Bourne participated in Wrestling Society X as well as promos and a music video.

-- People watching the end of Monday's Raw noticed that Shane McMahon missed a few punches directed towards Randy Orton during their brawl. On the replay of Raw that aired this past week on mun2, the footage aired as is with no changes made as the missed punches were still shown with Orton selling them. Oftentimes, WWE edits around moves gone blatantly wrong on live television, but not in this case.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2009, 05:57:58 AM »
Palumbo On Today's WWE Drug Culture, Batista's Bodybuilding Tips
By Daniel Pena
Jan 30, 2009 - 2:15:26 PM

-- The latest issue of Power Slam magazine has an interview with Chuck Palumbo that took place five weeks after his release from World Wrestling Entertainment. Palumbo talked about all aspects of his career including how he got into wrestling, his time in WCW, entering WWE and the politics behind the scenes, Billy & Chuck, the Full Blooded Italians, his release from WWE in 2004, the WWE road agent who always buried him, going to Japan, re-signing with WWE in 2006, not being used for a year, how his biker character came about, his program with Jamie Noble, his last days in WWE, and more. Palumbo is also asked if the drug culture in WWE is changing. Here is his response:

Q: Contracted WWE wrestlers when quizzed typically deny that prescription drugs and steroids are an issue in the company. Is the drug culture changing?

A: "I think it is, yeah. It's still there and it will always be there, but it's definitely not as rampant as it was. Now, with drug-testing and suspensions, people are still doing it, people are still getting away with it, but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. It'll always be there but, hopefully, it won't be that bad. I hate to see guys (die)... I was close with Curt Hennig, I was close with Eddie Guerrero."

-- Bodybuilding.com recently conducted an interview with Batista and he talks about how he developed his physique at it's current state and what his current weight training program is.

"My weight training program nowadays is just really high reps. Very fast and intense; I don't use heavy weight anymore and I don't over do my workout," Batista said. "I also never go to complete failure; because with WWE I am on the road wrestling so much that my body does not have time to recover, So basically I do more of a maintenance work out, a lot of machines because I work out on my own. High intensity; fast and furious."

Batista also talks about his diet and the supplements he uses to look the way he does.

"My diet consists of very high amounts of protein; and I supplement my diet with a product called Isobolic which is from Nutrabolics, the company I endorse. I can take it any time of the day or night so there's no need to have a daytime and a night time protein, it's all in one," Batista said. "My diet is simple: high protein, low carbs and sugar. Nutrabolics always supplies me with some great products."

Additionally, Batista finally admits why he couldn't get through the WCW Power Plant when he tried entering the wrestling business. His conditioning was really bad at the time as he was a monstrous 350 pounds and the instructors at the Power Plant would try to break down potential wrestlers with a number of brutal training exercises. Batista eventually dropped the weight, entered a private wrestling school, and the rest is history.

Batista also talks about his sporting background, the wrestlers who inspired him, his main strengths as a wrestler, his worst injury, the toughest aspect about being a professional wrestler, what he could like to ultimately achieve in wrestling, and more. You can read the interview in its entirety at the following link.

-- The latest issue of WWE Magazine has an article listing twenty-five reasons why WrestleMania is better than the Super Bowl. You can read the article at the following link.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2009, 06:00:11 AM »
nformation On WWE Greatest Stars of the 90's Three-Disc DVD Set
By Daniel Pena
Jan 30, 2009 - 11:25:30 AM

SilverVision has released information regarding the upcoming WWE Greatest Stars of the 90's three-disc DVD set. Fifteen wrestlers are profiled on the DVD including Shawn Michaels, Yokozuna, The Rock, Kevin Nash, Owen Hart, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan, Triple H, Bret Hart, Lex Luger, Sting, Razor Ramon, The Undertaker, and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. You can see the cover of the DVD set at the following link. It is scheduled to be released in April.

Disc 1

Tazz - Introduction

Shawn Michaels

From the Smallest Champion to the Largest

Yokozuna

Samoan Culture

The Rock

Drawing the Casual Fan

Women of the 90s

Tough and Sexy

Kevin Nash

Battle for Superstardom