Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Gym/Stores/Industry Business Board

i'm going to be 45 and i still don't have a real career?!

<< < (2/34) > >>

gordiano:

--- Quote from: G.R.H. on May 20, 2009, 04:17:35 PM ---YOU THINK YOU HAVE A PATHETIC LIFESTYLE! I JUST TURND 41 TODAY, I STILL LIVE AT HOME CAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD TO LIVE ON MY OWN IN THE STATE OF NJ, I ONLY MAKE $13.10 AN HOUR, AND I HAVE NO GIRLFRIEND, WIFE, CHILDREN, AND CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN I GOT LAID LAST! SOMEBODY JUST PUMP A FEW ROUNDS OF BULLETS INTO MT CHEST CAVITY AND GET IT OVER WITH! :'(

--- End quote ---

King....you still have that Muscle-Tech contract right? Oh wait..... :-\

Ganuvanx:
Hey man,

A good suggestion is water treatment. 1 easy year in school will get you a job as a water treatment operator. They are in demand and starting pay is real good ~50k. I've been doing it for 2 years and made 61k last year. It's relaxing working with water too.

Montague:

--- Quote from: Ganuvanx on May 23, 2009, 01:23:58 AM ---Hey man,

A good suggestion is water treatment. 1 easy year in school will get you a job as a water treatment operator. They are in demand and starting pay is real good ~50k. I've been doing it for 2 years and made 61k last year. It's relaxing working with water too.

--- End quote ---

The sound of water is almost hypnotic to me - I’d probably fall asleep my first shift. :)
That sounds like a cool job, though.

What kinds of places offer the training? Is it through a trade school or an apprenticeship program?
Do you work for the DOE or the water company?

Ganuvanx:

--- Quote from: Montague on May 23, 2009, 06:05:00 AM ---The sound of water is almost hypnotic to me - I’d probably fall asleep my first shift. :)
That sounds like a cool job, though.

What kinds of places offer the training? Is it through a trade school or an apprenticeship program?
Do you work for the DOE or the water company?

--- End quote ---

Many small local colleges offer 1 year courses in water treatment. We currently have 2 summer students both in their 40's who have changed careers. I work for a municipality that serves about 1 million people. The good thing about water treatment is that its the same no matter what country you go. I'm thinking about doing a one year exchange with a guy from a treatment plant in Australia if my boss OK's it. It's very easy work too so you can do it into you late 60s if you don't have sufficient pension saved. The guy I started with was in his 50s and didn't have a penny saved for his pension but now has no worries.

Migs:

--- Quote from: Ganuvanx on May 23, 2009, 01:23:58 AM ---Hey man,

--- End quote ---

i'd either fall asleep to the sound, or have to pee constantly lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version