Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

sissy squats

(1/2) > >>

oldtimer1:
Anyone use one of these units?  The commercial gym I use to train at had one and in three years of training there I never saw anyone use it. I tried it one time and maybe it wasn't built right, adjusted for my build or I wasn't using it correctly but I didn't like it. Recently I saw a youtube of a guy using it and he used two different types of squats with it. One just squatting and the other a lean back version. Is it a gimmick or does it work?

IroNat:
Bhank has one.  Saw it in his pics.

I looked into getting one once.  Seems like good idea.

Basically what a hack machine is for...to develop the lower quads.

You have a nice hack machine don't you?

oldtimer1:

--- Quote from: IroNat on August 04, 2021, 12:40:41 PM ---Bhank has one.  Saw it in his pics.

I looked into getting one once.  Seems like good idea.

Basically what a hack machine is for...to develop the lower quads.

You have a nice hack machine don't you?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have a hack machine and a squat machine.  I think the squat machine is a better machine movement for the quads. Very different in their feel. I guess the hack is more quad dominate while the squat machine gets everything feeling like a strict squat. I stopped the squat machine because of some groin strain.  Also my squat machine is a little scary in that it has pre set safety stop.  If I go into an ass to grass can't go any lower I'm still above the safety catch. Always felt if I blew out my knee or reached true exhaustion I would be stuck in that thing yelling for help.  I can't believe they designed it with a fixed safety catch that is so low. I'm 5'8" and the safety catch might be designed for a guy 5'5". 

ThisisOverload:

--- Quote from: oldtimer1 on August 04, 2021, 04:03:58 AM ---Anyone use one of these units?  The commercial gym I use to train at had one and in three years of training there I never saw anyone use it. I tried it one time and maybe it wasn't built right, adjusted for my build or I wasn't using it correctly but I didn't like it. Recently I saw a youtube of a guy using it and he used two different types of squats with it. One just squatting and the other a lean back version. Is it a gimmick or does it work?

--- End quote ---

These are better than sleds because they allow full movement, not a fixed movement.

The problem is they are uncomfortable and hard to add weight to.

Years ago when i was into Olympic lifting, this local gym had one of these and we used it all the time. Sometimes holding a 45 pound plate to our chest for added weight.

They are amazing for quads and core strength, one of the tools that has been overlooked by so many because it's not cool or fancy.

oldtimer1:

--- Quote from: ThisisOverload on August 06, 2021, 02:27:12 PM ---These are better than sleds because they allow full movement, not a fixed movement.

The problem is they are uncomfortable and hard to add weight to.

Years ago when i was into Olympic lifting, this local gym had one of these and we used it all the time. Sometimes holding a 45 pound plate to our chest for added weight.

They are amazing for quads and core strength, one of the tools that has been overlooked by so many because it's not cool or fancy.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the insight.

On another topic sometimes I wish I was into Olympic lifting all these years instead of bodybuilding type workouts. It's a true sport.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version