Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board

Bob Backlund was SCREWED

<< < (3/3)

Humble Narcissist:
Watched main event on Impact Wrestling last night and it was terrible. Also saw Arn Anderson's son and physically he looks like a carbon copy of his dad but he is very raw. These young guys get thrown out there too early with no base. Also watched a little of New Japan Wrestling and it sucked as well.

I've been watching old wrestling shows from different territories in the 70's and 80's and can tell a huge difference. CWF (Florida), Georgia Championship, World Class (Dallas), Houston, old WWWF and AWA had some great wrestlers who could really tell a story in the ring and at the mic.

Notomorrow:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on May 20, 2022, 02:29:20 AM ---Watched main event on Impact Wrestling last night and it was terrible. Also saw Arn Anderson's son and physically he looks like a carbon copy of his dad but he is very raw. These young guys get thrown out there too early with no base. Also watched a little of New Japan Wrestling and it sucked as well.

I've been watching old wrestling shows from different territories in the 70's and 80's and can tell a huge difference. CWF (Florida), Georgia Championship, World Class (Dallas), Houston, old WWWF and AWA had some great wrestlers who could really tell a story in the ring and at the mic.

--- End quote ---

The territory guys were fighting for their income, their life, and their families future. They HAD to entertain or were sleeping in their car. I don't know if fame and fortune can coexist with authenticity. Somehow WWE has to get these guys motivated when the base salary is $500,000/year + and top guys getting $5 million + BEFORE endorsements, acting roles in movies, etc.  I don't know how this can be done.

Humble Narcissist you know more than I about modern stuff, I'm old school,  but it seems the place to watch any quality PRO wrestling is the smallest organization possible where guys are still hungry,

Humble Narcissist:
I totally agree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version