Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board

"Razor Ramon" Scott Hall has heart attack and taken off life support

<< < (2/4) > >>

cheftim:
He was good but he wasn't that good. The only thing that saved him was the WWE Outsiders invading WCW angle. Then when Hogan joined he was completely safe. Without Hogan joining he'd of bombed harder than Bret Hart did. Remember he was a member of the klick in WWE. Dude was on easy street. Tried to ask Vince for money. Vince knew about his addictions and said take a walk. Don't get me wrong I've always been a huge fan. Dude just had the best connections in the business that made him more of a star than he deserved to be. Hey Yo. RIP.

AbrahamG:
Solid character for sure.  Not a very impressive specimen in person though. 

MCWAY:

--- Quote from: cheftim on March 17, 2022, 05:10:59 PM ---He was good but he wasn't that good. The only thing that saved him was the WWE Outsiders invading WCW angle. Then when Hogan joined he was completely safe. Without Hogan joining he'd of bombed harder than Bret Hart did. Remember he was a member of the klick in WWE. Dude was on easy street. Tried to ask Vince for money. Vince knew about his addictions and said take a walk. Don't get me wrong I've always been a huge fan. Dude just had the best connections in the business that made him more of a star than he deserved to be. Hey Yo. RIP.

--- End quote ---

I think that, had he stayed in the WWF, Vince would have made him world champion. The Bad Guy claims he asked Vince for a higher percentage of his Razor Ramon merch. When Mr. McMaohn said no, he then asked him if he could go to Japan and wrestle for 3 months a year.

After he got his guaranteed money and "favorite nations" status from his agent, he really urged Nash to jump ship as well. The reasoning was that WCW would pay more for Nash and thus would have to bump Hall up to match. I'm sure you also heard the story of the extra money they got, from that Fake Razor and Diesel debacle.

Razor also claims that McMahon kept Michaels, Helmsley, Austin, and Taker from jumping ship by offering them a higher percentage of their respective merchandise, the same thing for which Mr. Machismo asked before signing with Billionaire Ted.

cheftim:
Hogan was the catalyst to the NWOs success. Hall and Nash would have never become what they did without Hollywood. Then Goldberg brought WCW to a whole different level with main stream media. Hall was just perfect time, perfect place, and rode the money wave $$$.

falco:
RIP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version