Author Topic: WRESTLEMANIA 38 - Will it indeed be "STUPENDOUS!!"? Night 1 and Night 2 picks  (Read 3314 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Or, as WWE is now calling it, "WrestleMania Saturday" and "WrestleMania Sunday".

Unlike last year, they're letting you know which matches are going to be on which day.

WRESTLEMANIA SATURDAY:

Drew McIntyre vs. Baron "Happy" Corbin - Poor Drew. Two years ago, he wins the world title from Brock Lesnar in front of NOBODY. He's being labeled the "Thunderdome Champion". Last year, I thought he'd beat Lashley for his WrestleMania moment. That didn't happen. Now, it looks as if he's curtain-jerking again but not for the WWE championship like last year. I guess I'll go with the Scottish Warrior.

Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair - This has built since SummerSlam. Watching Belair start from scratch, eventually winning the Elimination Chamber to make up for not winning the Rumble again, has been swell. The fans have really turned on Lynch, "Big Time". But, I don't see both babyface challengers winning the women's titles. So, the fans may be crushed on this one. But, Lynch retains.

Smackdown Women's Championship: Charlotte Flair (c) vs. "Rowdy" Rhonda Rousey - Rousey wasn't brought back just to job to Flair. And since I think she wins it, it's why I picked Belair to lose to Lynch again. Women's division is almost morphing back to the Divas mode, especially with the hoochie-mama ring gear being worn. That might explain why the women aren't main-eventing PPVs or premium live events anymore (Roman Reigns isn't helping their cause, either).

Smackdown Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rick Boogs - Funaki 2.0 and his personal guitarist get their crack at the Bloodline. That El Kabong shot that Boogs took from Jimmy Uso really made this heat up. Nakamura hasn't had much luck at 'Mania. Maybe those two get the belts at another event. But, for now, I'll go with the Usos.

Rey and Dominik Mysterio vs. Miz and Logan Paul -Since there are two celebrities (of sorts) at 'Mania and one is a heel, the Mysterios are poised to win it. Plus, last year Miz and Morrison lost to Bad Bunny and Damian Priest.

Seth "Freakin'" Rollins vs Opponent of Mr. McMahon's Choosing - Let the rumor mills swirl. Most of the buzz is that it will be Cody Rhodes. If it's somebody new, Rollins is doing the job.

Edit - After the Hall of Fame, you don't think it might be......."Never Say Never"!!

New Day (King Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston) vs. Sheamus and Ridge Holland - This was supposed to be a six-man tag. But thanks to Holland's nearly killing Big E with a botched overhead belly-to-belly suplex outside the ring, E is out and "Butch" will be relegated to cornerman for Holland and the Celtic Warrior. I'll give The Power of Positivity the win in this one.

Kevin Owens' "KO Show" with special guest: Stone Cold Steve Austin - This isn't even a match but word is that this will close WrestleMania Saturday, to send the fans home happy from night 1, in case the rest of the matches are duds overall. Austin will beat up Owens and he can look good without officially wrestling or risking injury. As long as Owens doesn't try any overhead belly-to-belly suplexes, the somewhat brittle Rattlesnake should be fine.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I won't bother making a pick for the ATG Battle Royal, since it's not even part of WrestleMania proper (not even the pre-show). It's on "WrestleMania Smackdown" tonight. But, how the mighty have fallen! Former WWE champion, Jinder Mahal, is part of the participation trophy match.....well it's isn't even that anymore, since it's not part of the PPV.

This Wrestlemania is STUPENDOUS.....as in STUPENDOUSLY LOPSIDED. All the mediocre/suck matches (on paper, at least) were front-loaded on night 1 and the big-time matches stacked to night 2.

WRESTLEMANIA SUNDAY:

WWE Unification Championship Match: Roman Reigns (Universal Champion) vs. Brock Lesnar (World Champion) - This is the THIRD time Lesnar and Reigns have been pitted in the main event against each other, with Reigns getting booed silly despite being the babyface. Now he's the heel and people love him. He's beaten the Beast every where but the Showcase of the Immortals. I'm tired of Lesnar, personally. Between McMahon letting him end the Streak and emasculate Cena 4 months later, Mr. Part-Timer has been billed as darn-near immortal (except for that squash against Oldberg at Survivor Series 2016).

Reigns gets both belts because....UPSET SPECIAL.....interference from Bobby Lashley, who should still be bitter over losing to Lesnar without even competing in the Elimination Chamber. Keep the Almighty a face to knock off Omos then turn him heel by screwing Lesnar. Then you got Lesnar and Lashley in a feud to light up 2022, provided they can give us the same quality as Lashley and McIntyre last year.

Edge vs. AJ Styles - This match is being billed as the second coming of Savage vs. Steamboat or Hart vs. Austin (or even Hart vs. Hart). But, given the evil makeover for the former Rated-R superstar, I don't see how he ends up losing this one.

"The Almighty" Bobby Lashley vs. Omos. This was a last-minute bout and a surprise one. Rumor had it that Lashley would be out for months, not returning until well after 'Mania. Someone has to hang the first loss on Styles' former personal colossus. Since, he and Lashley were still featured on the ads for WM38, I figured they'd be involved just not against each other. That holds true for Lashley (more on that later).

Sami Zayn vs. Johnny Knoxville ("Anything Goes" - NO Disqualification) - Dead giveaway! Anytime a non-wrestler faces a wrestler in a No-DQ match, the non-wrestler gets the nod See. Big Show vs. Mayweather at WM24.

Raw Tag Team Championship (Triple Threat): RK-Bro vs. Alpha Academy vs. Street Profits - I could argue that this belongs on WM Saturday. After all, we just saw a triple threat with two of these three teams on Raw less than a month ago. We should get some high-flying spots with Montez Ford, and an RKO on someone in mid-air. In the end. Orion and Riddle keep the belts.

Women's Tag Team Championship (Fatal 4-way): Carmella and Queen Zelina (c) vs. Natalya Neidhart and Shayna Bayzler vs. Naomi and Sasha Banks vs. Rhea Ripley and Liv Morgan - I'll pretend to care and say this will likely be the end of the champs' reign, because of Carmella's vanity. Plus, Banks probably wants consolation for losing the Smackdown title to Belair last year. Not to mention Naomi has been virtually irrelevant until now. I'll go with Naomi and Sasha. BTW, if Naomi wins one of those belts, can she be part of "The Bloodline", as she is Jimmy Uso's wife?

Austin Theory vs. Pat McAfee - McAfee is a hybrid celebrity and wrestler. So, I'm tempted to give him the win. I dig McAfee. But, the Mr. McMahon factor plays too heavy and since McAfee goes back to commentary anyway, I'll reluctantly go with Theory.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Here we go!! Night one of WM 38!! Smackdown tag titles do the curtain-jerk. But, first....the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders!!

Boogs does the guitar thing and Pat McAfee acts a bigger fool than he normally does, when Nakamura's music hits. And apparently the Usos decided to wrestle in their jammies.

Well, there goes Boogs' knee, trying to hoist both Usos up for a super Samoan drop. Nakamura goes on a flurry. But, when he goes to end it, he gets kicked in the mouth and splashed. Naka survives that. But after a "1D", that's all she wrote and the Usos retain.

I'm not sure if Boogs' knee injury is legit. I hope not; that's the last thing WWE needs. Next up, it's Corbin and McIntyre.

WOW!! Now that's how you do it. McIntyre is the blueprint on how big men should fight. A flying somersault over the top on Corbin. But, Corbin put on a good show. He hits "End of Days" and everyone thought it was over. McIntyre later hits his Claymore and pins Mr. Happy. And to top it off, McIntyre just chopped the ropes in half and almost nipping Moss in the process.

So, after beating Lesnar for the title in front of nobody two years ago and passing out to Lashley's hurt-lock last year in front of a few (by WM standards), the Scottish Warrior gets his mini-WrestleMania moment.

And, now, the Mysterios go after Miz and Paul. We get stereo Mysterios, leaping out of the stage and a ton of pyro for Logan Paul.

Lots of aerial moves from Dominik but this Paul is sneaky. And he just pulled off a Davey-Boy-style powerslam. Now comes a flying blockbuster. Boy, these celebrities are doing their homework. First, Bad Bunny from last year now Logan Paul.

Rey gets tagged into the match and is going ham on Miz. But, Paul keeps making the save. Here comes the 6-1-9. But, NO, it's a tornado DDT. The three amigos....or two before Rey gets shoved into the post. Logan Paul tags into the match.....NO HE DIDN'T. HE HIT the Three amigos on Rey and the Frog Splash.

But, Dominik makes the save. The Mysterios hit a double 6-1-9 on Paul and a double frog splash. However, Miz slams Dominik onto Rey, hits the Skull-Crushing Finale on Rey and get the pin. WHAT!!! After celebrating the win, MIZ DROPS PAUL with a Skull-Crushing Finale. And he walks away, celebrating with a fan at the edge of the barricade.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Raw Women's Championship!! Did they do this video package right or what? New Titantron and Lynch is coming out first....bad omen?

Texas Southern University marching band is coming out and playing Belair's theme song, shades of Cena's entrance from WM24.

Belair went for the handshake, Lynch slapped her, went for a "Man-handle Slam", but go reversed into an attempted KOD. Lynch actually hits the "Man-Handle Slam" and almost gets the pin.

Now we get a bunch of sequences of each one trying to pin the other. OH NO!! Belair has Lynch in her own submission hold. Now, after more pin attempts, it's outside the ring and into the steps for the challenger.

WOW!! A near-gorilla press drop of Lynch on the top turnbuckle and a 450 splash by the challenger, but no three count and the fans are in shock. Now, Lynch goes for some somersault move by Lynch that kicked Belair right in the nose.

And Lynch's fishnets are falling apart in the process of all this mess. Belair went for the KOD with Lynch hanging on the ropes for dear life. She gets KOD'ed but outside the ring. Back in the ring, and a Man-Handle Slam but NO!!!

Another attempt, Super slam off the ropes. But, a somersault and a KOD and WHAM!!! Belair WINS THE GOLD!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Here comes the intrigue. After a nerd choir sings him to the ring, it's Seth "Freakin" Rollins vs his mystery opponent.....Lights out!! Pyro, a red, white, and blue skull. And here comes "The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes.

Well, the last time he was in Texas at WrestleMania 32 was in that IC ladder match. And just to dot the exclamation point, after he does an arm-drag on Rollins, Rhodes does a somersault and does the "Stardust" face thing.

I think that outside suplex was a botch, with both guys tumbling to the outside and landing awkwardly.

Rhodes went for a cross body block off the top ropes only to get drop-kicked in the ribs. The fans are into the match, welcoming Rhodes back. Rollins pulls a Lesnar, "Welcome back to the big leagues, b---h!!" and keeps pounding the ribs and back.

Bowing for Rollins, after a clothesline over the top, Rhodes dived into the Revolutionary who tumbles over the Raw announce table. And a diving flip into Rollins almost gets a three-count.

OUCH!!! Rhodes got power bombed into the barricade, after a missed Franken-Steiner. A flying knee, a super kick and a Falcon's arrow but no three count. He goes for the stomp, NOPE, Cross-Rhodes attempt by the American Nightmare, Nope, another stomp, Not quite, Cross-Rhodes attempt #2, Roll-up instead by Rollins, Kickout, WHAM!!! Cross-Rhodes connects!!!

But no three count and crowd is shocked!!

Rhodes goes for a moonsault but gets kicked off and lands on his crotch. Rollins tries a move but after getting elbows three times (why is Rhodes saying, "Boom" after each elbow), Rollins falls but leaps right back up, hits a flippy suplex, rolls into a Boston-crab-like move, then hits the Falcon's arrow against.....BUT NO THREE COUNT!!!

After two pedigree attempts, Rollins gets caught and power bombed. Rhodes runs to the opposite buckles, jumps backward, hits a stunner/RKO move, and STILL can't get the three count. Rollins finally hits the pedigree, when Rhodes goes for the kill, but NOPE!!!

Now comes the "BOO"/"YAY" punch exchange!! Rollins hits the forearm and goes for the stomp but gets caught. Two Cross-Rhodes, a flurry of punches and a bionic elbow, a THIRD Cross-Rhodes and FINALLY!!! the THREE COUNT!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Hall of Fame intros, Official attendance for night one: 77,899. That's impressive, especially given the card on hand.

Unlike last year, you knew which matches would be on what day.

And it appears Rick Boogs' injury is legit: patella tendon rupture, which means he's out for nearly a year.

Smackdown Women's title match is on deck.

Lots of arm drags by Rousey and she's countering nearly everything that Flair is throwing at her. Arm bars into the ropes and lots of WHAM!!! A spear by Flair as Rousey was talking smack looking to put her away.

Ankle lock but Flair escapes. She plants her into the mat. Moonsault missed, handspring into second moonsault....OOPS!! I think Rousey was supposed to take that one. Rousey's not quite as clumsy as she was three years ago. But, she needs a bit more work.

Charlotte finally lock the Figure 8 but leaves her leg dangling and Rousey grabs it to reverse the holds. They both spill outside the ring. Flair goes for the moonsault but gets arm-dragged to the outside mat.

Back in the ring they go. Roused hits her "Piper's Pit" slam. Flair puts her leg on the ropes. The ref counts three but waives it off.

Rousey complains to the ref and gets dropped on her head with "Natural Selection" and almost gets pinned. Flair goes for the Figure 8 again; but Rousey kicks her off and Flair spears the ref by accident. Rousey slaps on the arm bar; Flair taps but ref doesn't see it.

When ROusey released the hold to get the ref to his feet, Flair kicked her in the mouth and got the quick pin and retain her title.

Now...the KO Show:

The KO show was long with Owens insulting Texas until Steve Austin shows up. He milks the crowd, leaves, and returns with his ATV. Then Owens, after berating Austin and Texas some more, claims that he lied to Austin and really wanted to challenge him to a No Holds Barred match.

Austin retorts, referring to Owens as a "sack of s--t" and accepts. And it's clear that Owens got his marching orders to be tender with the Rattlesnake. After one of the WEAKEST tosses to the barricade you'll ever see, Austin just smacks around Owens outside the ring until he gets tossed over the barricade. Apparently, Austin decided to shamelessly promote his own product by drinking his own brand of beer during this match.

Apparently Austin's only wrestling hold is a standard vertical suplex. After Austin took a bump and Owens tried to drive off on Austin's ATV. Austin caught him, drove the ATV up the ramp, and went to SUPLEX CITY on Owens on the upper stage (at least four of them by my count).

After tossing Owens down the ramp and back into the ring. Owens connected with a Stunner. Owens took a bit too long for the pin and Austin kicked out. Owens got a chair, went to decapitated the 2009 Hall of Famer. But, Austin ducked; the chair bounced off the top rope; and Owens bonked himself. Austin hit the Stunner and got the win.

Lots of music, more drinking of Austin's own beer, and (as a ticker for Corey Graves), Byron Saxton went into the ring to join Austin for some brewskis....only to (surprise, SURPRISE) get hit with a Stunner. More beer, until Owens stumbles back to his feet. So, WHAM!!! Down he goes again!!

Ironically, they put this "match" last to make sure the fans went home happy (which they ultimately did). But, it was the least inspiring of the bunch.

Did I miss something or did they scratch the New Day vs. Sheamus & Ridge Holland match?

Oh well....on to night two, WrestleMania Sunday!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
NIGHT TWO - WRESTLEMANIA SUNDAY

Here's a pleasant surprise.....TRIPLE H comes to the ring for a farewell. Chants of "Thank you, Hunter!" are thundering throughout the area. He screams, "Welcome to Wrestlemania" and he leaves the mic and his boots in the middle of the ring.

First up, Raw tag team titles!!!

Well, I hope the Street Profits and Alpha Academy have good chiropractors, as Orton just suplexed them into the announce table. Then we got stereo DDTs. But Alpha Academy threw them out of the ring. Otis tried a Vader bomb but just shoved to the floor. A super blockbuster from Ford and Dawkins to Gable but no three count. Dawkins does a flip to the outside on the Alpha Academy. Orton goes for an RKO but gets a spine buster from Dawkins.

Ford goes to the top for an RKO. But, Riddle hops to the apron then the top rope and RKO's Ford. Gable goes to the top and he gets RKO'ed by Orton and that's a wrap.

Street Profits congratulate Orton and Riddle and want to toast with the Solo cups. They invite Gable Steveson to toast only to have the party interrupted by Chad Gable. And Chad Gable gets belly-to-belly suplexed for his trouble.

OH BOY!!! Omos and Lashley!!!

This is getting ugly early. they had a miscue in the corner. But, Lashley is pounding Omos with some forearms. He tried the Hurt Lock but got shoved to the floor for his effort. But, as Omos stepped over the top rope, Lashley hopped to the apron and hit a clothesline.

Why does he keep trying to suplex Omos? Now he gets bearhugged and...didn't he just recover from a concussion? Lashley's head just smacked the back of the post after being squashed. Another vertical suplex attempt.....a third one and he gets it.

Now a spear botch of sorts. He hit Omos in the back to drop him. Now Lashley spears him in the gut and 1-2-3!!!!

Lashley hands Omos his first loss in singles competition. Now, let's see if he has a hand in the title match per my upset special.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Train wreck coming!! Knoxville and Zayn, anything goes!!

Zayn nails Knoxville with a "Helluva kick" right off the bat. But, he rolls outside the ring to avoid being pinned. He's wearing goggles the whole match and only gets a break when he blasts Zayn in the eyes with an extinguisher.

This is ridiculous. We have mousetraps, midgets (one of whom BODYSLAMS Zayn), near-naked midgets, and Knoxville with a remote control that sets off the pyro that sets Zayn's rump on fire when he's on the top rope. And Knoxville bowls a purple ball into Zayn's balls.

Add to that a mechanical boot that kicks Zayn in the nuts. And a retractable giant hand that smacks Zayn in the face, when he runs outside the ring.

Women's tag titles are up next.

After tons of assistance from the "Jackass" crew, Knoxville does a taser to Zayn's spine and puts in and springs a GIANT MOUSETRAP to get the pin and the win.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Women's tag titles are on the line.

Well this went a lot better than the Smackdown women's title. But the two stereo electric chair slams were a bit much. Banks and Naomi clearly had the best chemistry, and after an awesome tandem face buster, we have new champs in the "Legit Glow".

Now, it gets good....Edge and AJ Styles! AJ is out first, with a cut on his face. That means they're going to really milk Edge's new music.

And now Edge's entrance is a hybrid of Triple H's "King of Kings" intro from WM22 and the Brood with the flames. And now, he's doing his best "Honey, I shrunk the Undertaker" bit with the black cloak and flames shooting high after he raises his hands. No way Edge is losing tonight.

Phenomenal forearm miss, spear miss, and a Styles-Clash and......AAAAHHH!!! No three count for Styles. Now Damien Priest is standing outside the ring. He stalls Styles who gets speared, trying that forearm and that's the ball game. Edge wins!!!

And now Priest is in the ring with Edge and they're laughing. Apparently, they're now a team.

Lots of exchanges and Edge's head whacking the steps early in the match. A little early to try the 450 splash, and it's knees to the gut. And Edge, gimpy knee and all, is stretching Styles in the middle of the ring to tenderize that ribs. Nice shoulder breaker by Edge but he did so on his bad knee.

Styles ran at Edge, slid, got shoved by Edge chest-first into the second turnbuckle. Now Styles returns the favor by suplexing Edge into the buckles.

The fans are cheering but a dropping knee armbar by Edge silences them. AJ breaks a stretch move, tries the Pele kick; Edge moves and hooks the crossface. Styles gets the foot on the ropes. From outside-to-inside bulldog on the Rated R Superstar.

But, with sore ribs, he takes way too long to get up the turnbuckles. Superplex attempts gets countered into a human torture rack, ending in a powerbomb and a near fall. Another Styles attempt gets countered into an "Impaler" DDT by Edge, with another near pinfall.

Punch exchange, kick exchange, calf crusher, Crossface, escape, missed Pele-kick, and an Edge-O-Matic. A bouncey powerbomb, using the top rope, drills Styles but no pin yet. Edge went for a superplex but got countered and he ends up on the wrong end of the same move outside the ropes.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
New Day vs. Holland and Sheamus are on tap. That didn't take long. New Day got jumped. Kofi pulled out a "Trouble in Paradise". But Sheamus made the save. Kofi tried a dive and got kicked in the mouth.

"Butch" kept threatening to interfere but that distraction let Sheamus hit another Brogue kick, this time to Woods. Holland nailed his finisher and got the pin.

McAfee and Theory are coming up and Mr. McMahon is coming to the ring. Here comes McAffe and he gets the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders as part of his entrance.

A couple of punches, a back elbow, and a FrankenSteiner??? WOW!!! McAfee is getting it and he almost got the win!! But, a back breaker and a suplex and Theory is back on top, showing up for McMahon.

Theory goes for another suplex but it gets reversed and McAfee had made it even. Now, Theory gets knocked outside the ring and McAfee puts on the headset and commentates as he pounds Theory into the desk. And now, taking all day, he goes to the ropes. He went for a swan-ton and missed. Theory hit a back suplex and gets a near fall. Now Theory goes to the top, and HE takes all day, and gets caught. Now, it's SUPER-PLEX TIME!! NOPE. Theory counters but McAfee does a back flip and hit the move anyway.

McAfee went for a finish but got a low drop kick and slapped by Theory. Theory went for his finisher but McAfee escapes, rolls up Theory, PULLS THE TIGHTS and gets the 1-2-3.

But now, Mr. McMahon is challenging McAfee; Theory jumps him and McMahon gets the cheap win. WAIT!!! Here comes the Rattlesnake!! He beats up Theory, has a beer with McMahon, gives him the weakest stunner in history, and shares beer with McAfee.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
NOW COMES THE BIG ONE!!! REIGNS VS. LESNAR for all the GOLD!!!

Lots of belly to belly suplexes from the Beast and a clothesline outside the ring. Heyman begs Lesnar to have mercy, says he loves the Beast and it was Reigns' idea. WHAM!! Spear through the barricade. Lesnar barely makes it back to the ring. Another Spear, but no pin. Then comes a flurry of Superman punches. Lesnar smiles as he limps to his feet. But after a miss, it's back to the traditional German Suplexes for the Beast. Reigns is in trouble.

But, he escapes an f-5 attempt an shoves Reigns to the corner where the ref is. Lesnar stops himself but another spear from the Tribal Chief gets the ref squished. Next comes the nut shot and the bonk to the head with the blue belt. Ref wakes up but Reigns doesn't get the three count.

Reigns screams goes for another spear but gets F-5ed for his effort. He barely kicked out. The Tribal Chief goes for another spear and hits him from behind just as Lashley did to Omos earlier. The Head of the Table goes for yet another spear, drills it, but gets caught in the Kimora lock and is SCREAMING IN PAIN.

It looks hopeless; Reigns is inches short of reaching the ropes but the Wiseman comes to the rescue and pushes the bottom ropes inward JUST ENOUGH for the Tribal Chief to escapes. Reigns wails that his shoulder is out; Heyman pleads with him that his legacy that his bloodline is at stake. He begs him and counsels him to rise. But, nope!!! Lesnar senses the kills. He hoists him up for another F-5; Reigns rakes his eyes, shoves Lesnar into the ropes, and hits one last spear. And with a bum arm, the Head of the Table keeps the Beast down for the pin.

ROMAN REIGNS ----- THE WWE UNIVERSAL AND WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
great review mcway ,,,

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
great review mcway ,,,

Thank you. That wasn't quite a review, as I posted most of this during the matches themselves.

Word is that Lesnar legitimately yanked Reigns' shoulder out of socket with that Kimora lock. Also, Bianca Belair got kicked right in the eye during that Raw title match.

And poor Rick Boogs......GOOD GRIEF!!! He's done for the year!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Thank you. That wasn't quite a review, as I posted most of this during the matches themselves.

Word is that Lesnar legitimately yanked Reigns' shoulder out of socket with that Kimora lock. Also, Bianca Belair got kicked right in the eye during that Raw title match.

And poor Rick Boogs......GOOD GRIEF!!! He's done for the year!!
STILL great writeup,i check raw and smackdown when i can....i love old school wrestling/angles.but i still like the product.hhh is done even running co???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I watched Edge / Styles just because I happened to be in front of the TV when I learned WM was on and I had Peacock lol.

It was a good match, but not the epic battle I think they are capable of.  The spot on the apron was good, but I thought this could have been a  45 minute masterpiece.

Haven't really followed this stuff for a bit outside of following Kane on Twitter, who has been mostly complaining about mask mandates, of all things.
Y

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I watched Edge / Styles just because I happened to be in front of the TV when I learned WM was on and I had Peacock lol.

It was a good match, but not the epic battle I think they are capable of.  The spot on the apron was good, but I thought this could have been a  45 minute masterpiece.

Haven't really followed this stuff for a bit outside of following Kane on Twitter, who has been mostly complaining about mask mandates, of all things.

If you liked that, you would have LOVED the Rhodes vs. Rollins match on night 1, as well as the Raw Women's championship with Lynch and Belair (black eye and all).

Truth be told, if it weren't for WWE so fixated on Austin, either one of those matches could have (and should have) been the main event of night 1.

The best matches from night two were Styles vs. Edge, the Raw tag title bout, and Reigns vs. Lesnar. I'm still hearing buzz that Lesnar legitimately dislocated Reigns shoulder, during the match. He was still smarting on Raw, barely able to lift one of his belts in the air. There's a spot after the pinfall where Reigns grabs the top rope and appears to jerk his shoulder back into socket.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
I'm late chiming in on this one but what a great WM  :)

They did the right thing Giving Roman the win. He is doing well with the title, let him keep going. Brock is a part time wrestler. Same with Ronda Rousey. They did the right thing keeping the title on Charlotte. She is the best female talent they have right now. Becky might be over, but she is not better. AJ and Edge had a great match. Edge will be starting a new "Brood" faction with Damien Priest and a 3rd member...going to be interesting. Gotta love how a 78 year old Vince took Austin's stunner lol...he botched it hard but even Steve was laughing lol. All in good fun. Austin and Owens killed it. Happy to see Bianca Belair win. She has worked her butt off and as I stated before, ppl are tired of Becky and the same old promo. Cody Rhodes and Seth killed it as well! Great match and Cody's new persona is gold. As expected, Zane and Knoxville was a trainwreck of tables, chairs, shovels, dynamite lol. Sheamus' match got cancelled due to time constraints. All in all, I thought it was a great WM.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I'm late chiming in on this one but what a great WM  :)

They did the right thing Giving Roman the win. He is doing well with the title, let him keep going. Brock is a part time wrestler. Same with Ronda Rousey. They did the right thing keeping the title on Charlotte. She is the best female talent they have right now. Becky might be over, but she is not better. AJ and Edge had a great match. Edge will be starting a new "Brood" faction with Damien Priest and a 3rd member...going to be interesting. Gotta love how a 78 year old Vince took Austin's stunner lol...he botched it hard but even Steve was laughing lol. All in good fun. Austin and Owens killed it. Happy to see Bianca Belair win. She has worked her butt off and as I stated before, ppl are tired of Becky and the same old promo. Cody Rhodes and Seth killed it as well! Great match and Cody's new persona is gold. As expected, Zane and Knoxville was a trainwreck of tables, chairs, shovels, dynamite lol. Sheamus' match got cancelled due to time constraints. All in all, I thought it was a great WM.

But was it......STUPENDOUS???  ;D

I'd say barely and one of the reasons was they bumped the New Day vs. Sheamus & Holland match to night 2 and basically ran through it in 5 minutes.

I felt night 1 really had to shine, as the card was lopsided to favor night 2. So, moving that match was a good call.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
But was it......STUPENDOUS???  ;D

I'd say barely and one of the reasons was they bumped the New Day vs. Sheamus & Holland match to night 2 and basically ran through it in 5 minutes.

I felt night 1 really had to shine, as the card was lopsided to favor night 2. So, moving that match was a good call.
Lol...stupendous no, decent yes. I thought night one was better than night two.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Lol...stupendous no, decent yes. I thought night one was better than night two.

Not even just a little stupendous? The attendance was "only" around 78,000 each night. You can't necessarily brag about 150K people being at the show; I mean, how many people only attended one night of 'Mania?

Since they do announce which matches will be on each night, I wonder if anyone decided to only attend night 2. Or, if he thought the Reigns-Lesnar match was a foregone conclusion, someone decided just to see night 1 for, say, Lynch vs. Belair.