Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

How to fix "skinny fat"

(1/3) > >>

IroNat:
https://nattyornot.com/how-to-fix-skinny-fat-brutal-truths-but-effective/

lamarclark09:
There are numerous ways to get rid of skinny fat like “Train hard and train traditionally ‘, ‘Eat mindfully. Focusing on building muscle mass is also a way to get rid of skinny fat.

oldtimer1:
Being skinny looking but fat is just another way of saying out of shape. I have lowered my carb but a carb restricted diet is lower in calories. Which is making you lose weight?  The calories or the carbs restriction?   

Rmj11:

--- Quote from: oldtimer1 on July 26, 2023, 03:41:13 AM ---Being skinny looking but fat is just another way of saying out of shape. I have lowered my carb but a carb restricted diet is lower in calories. Which is making you lose weight?  The calories or the carbs restriction?

--- End quote ---

The calories. I've consumed plenty of carbs on a cut and got very lean. If I go low on carbs and calories I lose strength and size. My performance in the gym sucks too on low carbs. Low carbs sucks for most people. Eat your carbs.

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Rmj11 on October 29, 2023, 02:49:08 AM ---The calories. I've consumed plenty of carbs on a cut and got very lean. If I go low on carbs and calories I lose strength and size. My performance in the gym sucks too on low carbs. Low carbs sucks for most people. Eat your carbs.

--- End quote ---

No, that is not true.

I eat very little carbs and have plenty of energy to train, in fact I train in a fasted state all the time.

After training for an hour I will sometimes ride my bike 20 miles with no food.

A low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet is the most pleasant method of weight control.

Your body has to become fat adapted to use ketones for energy which can take a couple weeks.

Yes, you can get cut eating carbs if you keep calories low. 

You can even retain size if you use steroids.  Otherwise you will lose size.

The problem with eating lots of carbs is you will develop insulin resistance which leads to diabetes.

Caloric intake is still important in all cases for weight control.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version