Author Topic: Europa Super Show - Preview article - UPDATES & PICS!  (Read 45982 times)

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
Re: Europa Super Show - Preview article - UPDATES & PICS!
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2007, 04:28:26 AM »
Irony and laughter. Places have... Only AMERICANS? Nonsense, judges not an eye? Bribability, corruption? Curve legs, absence of a neck - a place in the ending.. Again laughter.

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=13185&eventcode=1162

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2007, 08:27:49 AM »
That is a shame about Oksana.. I remember a few years ago there was another dynamite russian girl who was an amazing entertainer..full of spunk and a kick ass body..she missed the O by one place... it really stinks  ...  If Oksana competed in one of the European shows, she would prolly be heading to O now

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2007, 08:55:47 AM »

That is a shame about Oksana.. I remember a few years ago there was another dynamite russian girl who was an amazing entertainer..full of spunk and a kick ass body..she missed the O by one place... it really stinks  ...  If Oksana competed in one of the European shows, she would prolly be heading to O now

http://www.body-building.ru/forums/index.php?showtopic=2357
Ivetta Stacenko

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2007, 08:56:36 AM »
 8)

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2007, 01:15:04 PM »

Totally!!! Unbelivable, and almost sickening.... >:(
Why even compete??

L.J

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2007, 03:47:13 PM »
thats her.. she was awesome

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2007, 05:05:44 PM »
Totally!!! Unbelivable, and almost sickening.... >:(
Why even compete??

L.J
Because you enjoy it and don't place your self worth on where you finish.
Elevate Your Image.™

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2007, 06:00:22 PM »
Unfortunately, that's the way it seems to go. I have never seen her routine, but like I said in the other thread by the pictures alone you can see the quality of the routine just by her grace, extension, toe points etc. I hope she receives more equal judging in the future, the competitors should be judged by the skill and physique not by any national origin.

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2007, 06:04:24 PM »
Lovely to see everyone so passionate about an athlete.  That's great...really is...

I don't know if she would have done any better in Europe, never been to or seen a show there.  But if you think so, I'd share that thought with Oksana.  I hear that there is such a European show in Spain upcoming.   Might be a good opportunity to prove a point.  That however is a choice left up to the athlete.

I would love to see her on stage at the O too.  I feel like she would bring a totally different aspect to the stage.  

It had a great story and was truly (as Hinds says) a great "performance".  A bit more theatrical feel than most.  Certainly had quite an "Emotion" to it.  I liked it, but not as much as some of the "High Energy" more "Bouncy" routines.  However that's MY preference...and I realize that I have different tastes as most of you do too.

Here are a few shots from her routine.  I know there are quite a few out there, but thought I'd add these to the mix.  

Will post more pics later this week....I unfortunately don't have time to get to it right now...Maybe Isaac if you would stop recording every boogie blow and hygenic habit, you could do it for me : )

Adela, Tanji, Mindy - BIG CONGRATS!!!
A great performance by all!  26 Fitness Athletes in the lineup....and they said Fitness was dying!!! HAH!!!

Rick Lohre
www.LohreCreative.com

PS - Alex....what about Mindy and Adela....USA?

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »
Couple more...
Rick Lohre
www.LohreCreative.com

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »
Because you enjoy it and don't place your self worth on where you finish.

Hmm, but sickly unfair -- STILL! I dont think all these women LOVE to spend all the money it actually cost to compete as a pro + flights for another country etc, etc.....just to be screwed like this. Of course they must be a bit 'pissed off' inside.......even tho they might not say so.... ::)
Just my 2 cent.....

L.J

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »
Unfortunately, that's the way it seems to go. I have never seen her routine, but like I said in the other thread by the pictures alone you can see the quality of the routine just by her grace, extension, toe points etc. I hope she receives more equal judging in the future, the competitors should be judged by the skill and physique not by any national origin.

She WON the prize for BEST routine, so that must mean she got the WORST body of them all to be placed 17th  ::)

Hope this doesnt make sense to anyone.......?

L.J

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »
Lovely to see everyone so passionate about an athlete.  That's great...really is...

I don't know if she would have done any better in Europe, never been to or seen a show there.  But if you think so, I'd share that thought with Oksana.  I hear that there is such a European show in Spain upcoming.   Might be a good opportunity to prove a point.  That however is a choice left up to the athlete.

I would love to see her on stage at the O too.  I feel like she would bring a totally different aspect to the stage.  

It had a great story and was truly (as Hinds says) a great "performance".  A bit more theatrical feel than most.  Certainly had quite an "Emotion" to it.  I liked it, but not as much as some of the "High Energy" more "Bouncy" routines.  However that's MY preference...and I realize that I have different tastes as most of you do too.

Here are a few shots from her routine.  I know there are quite a few out there, but thought I'd add these to the mix.  

Will post more pics later this week....I unfortunately don't have time to get to it right now...Maybe Isaac if you would stop recording every boogie blow and hygenic habit, you could do it for me : )

Adela, Tanji, Mindy - BIG CONGRATS!!!
A great performance by all!  26 Fitness Athletes in the lineup....and they said Fitness was dying!!! HAH!!!

Rick Lohre
www.LohreCreative.com

I hear you............BUT when they actually award her with the best routine of the night????? Doesnt that say something? The judges must have liked it, right? So how is it possible to place almost LAST!?
I'm sure she can 'bounse' too, if thats whats needed ;)
PS! I never met or talked to this woman, so I'm not partial cuz she is a friend or anything, just shocked of unfairness...

L.J

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2007, 08:01:01 PM »
Hmm, but sickly unfair -- STILL! I dont think all these women LOVE to spend all the money it actually cost to compete as a pro + flights for another country etc, etc.....just to be screwed like this. Of course they must be a bit 'pissed off' inside.......even tho they might not say so.... ::)
Just my 2 cent.....

L.J
Life isn't fair but this woman is a champion and you will see her get her due. As she said in an interview: "the person who wants to change something will find the way; the person who does not want will find the reason."
Elevate Your Image.™

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2007, 08:24:40 PM »
Yeah I think so too, because it will be quite difficult to 'ignore' over and over..........dontcha think ;)

Lena

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2007, 09:17:40 PM »

I know you weren't talking to me, but please excuse me as I butt in ;D

I see where you are coming from, but I see some disparity between those 2 and Oksana. Adela, although born in my parts yes, emigrated years ago, turned pro with the American system and has lived in the US for about a decade. Mindi, whose routines I adore as an aside, is Canadian. Not quite a 'foreign' as a Russian, who lives in Russia, who turned pro through the European ranks if I make sense.

Thanks for the pics btw. Appreciate them as always.

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2007, 12:14:51 AM »
 8)

Adela and  Mindy - BIG CONGRATS!!!

Tanji.... Excuse.. You do not have eyes? Its standards at this competition - BAD.
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=5365

On judges and criteria. My friends have already informed Dr. RAFAEL SANTONJA on that that has occured. It is upset.

I wish to hear opinion Adela and its trainer. Fair and frank.

To ALL FRIENDS OKSANA - MANY THANKS FOR SUPPORT. Special words of gratitude of Valentine Smirnova!!

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2007, 06:06:52 AM »

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2007, 06:56:20 AM »

Julie Lohre

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.julielohre.com
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2007, 06:56:46 AM »
Congrats to everyone - this was a fun, very competitive show.  Awesome to see so many newer pro's competing. It was wonderful to meet Oksana and she is an incredibly beautiful woman. 

Oksana's routine was very creative and unique and I really enjoyed watching it but it was much slower than what fitness routines usually are as far as number of skills, strength moves and overall tempo.  Just to clarify, after the show, both Oskana and Myriam Capes were awarded special Best Routine awards.  Here are the details from the Europa Website:

(2)-Best Routines-This award is voted on by the press, photographers and other IFBB
Pro’s and given to who we think as a group has the best routine. (2 awards)

This is a very big honor and shows how much the crowd enjoyed their routines.  Myriam was amazing too and had an incredibly high energy, EXTREMELY difficult (tons of strength and flexibility moves) routine.  She will be one to watch in the future.

Hope to see you all in AR.
Julie :)

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2007, 07:20:53 AM »
Valentine Smirnova - Oksana's guardian angel

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2007, 09:08:04 AM »
Very True! Much like Figure and Valerie W.!  Paving her own way.

Life isn't fair but this woman is a champion and you will see her get her due. As she said in an interview: "the person who wants to change something will find the way; the person who does not want will find the reason."

CQ - Always love your input as you often "keep it real"  ;)
As far as not quite as foreign...LOL...I guess, but last I heard...she was moving to Las Vegas (I don't know as I didn't hear from her??).  Will this mean she's not quite Russian anymore  :-\

I know you weren't talking to me, but please excuse me as I butt in ;D

I see where you are coming from, but I see some disparity between those 2 and Oksana. Adela, although born in my parts yes, emigrated years ago, turned pro with the American system and has lived in the US for about a decade. Mindi, whose routines I adore as an aside, is Canadian. Not quite a 'foreign' as a Russian, who lives in Russia, who turned pro through the European ranks if I make sense.

Thanks for the pics btw. Appreciate them as always.

Alex, all I can tell you is Tanji's routines seemed to come off stage in 3D.  I mean really crazy.  Mindi and Adela too...Very strong routines.  As the routine special award was not only voted on by judges, it was not solely based on IFBB judging criteria. 

8)

Adela and  Mindy - BIG CONGRATS!!!

Tanji.... Excuse.. You do not have eyes? Its standards at this competition - BAD.
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=5365

On judges and criteria. My friends have already informed Dr. RAFAEL SANTONJA on that that has occured. It is upset.

I wish to hear opinion Adela and its trainer. Fair and frank.

To ALL FRIENDS OKSANA - MANY THANKS FOR SUPPORT. Special words of gratitude of Valentine Smirnova!!

Again, love the passion for the athletes, I know they all love such support and backing from their friends and fans. 

Rick Lohre

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2007, 09:15:59 AM »
By the way - Ed and Betty - GREAT SHOW!
I am continually amazed at the growth of this show. 
I walked into the venue on Friday morning and thought to myself...this is getting to be like the Arnold! 
Great job at including so many other types of things for people to do.  Julie and I even brought our son with us this time and he was able to run around and play on all of the blow up slides etc, see cool cars bikes and even gorge himself on all the wonderful protein bars! 
We're already looking forward to next year.
Rick Lohre

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2007, 10:27:02 AM »
Oksana's routine did have strength moves in them, and pretty much was one of the best routines of the evening. When the people in the press pit saw that routine, it was dazzling, something different, and very entertaining. She was overlooked, plain and simple. 

Alex, we did an interview on video with Oksana which we should have up in a few days. Of course, it is in Russian so you can translate it for us. And she and her husband, married 4 months now (Las Vegas, White Chapel) knew about you!

Ron

olimpya

• Getbig II
  • ATOPE
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2007, 10:59:40 AM »
Oksana Grishina....16th ???......... is P.D.I. the future of the European girls?