Author Topic: The Official Chris Christie Appreciation Thread  (Read 63009 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The Official Chris Christie Appreciation Thread
« on: February 19, 2011, 07:29:59 AM »
33 can you please kick this off?   And no fat jokes.   :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Official Chris Christie Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 07:32:34 AM »
33 can you please kick this off?   And no fat jokes.   :D

The asberyy press took down his best clip ever telling the cop off.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 07:37:12 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 07:46:07 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:55:46 AM »
I'm sick of these leeches. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 07:58:26 AM »
He shut his woman the hell up. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 08:00:07 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »
I love this clip.   

Putting this progressive pussy right in his place.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 08:02:41 AM »
And you asshole "progressives" wonder why the average taxpayer wants to hang you off a bridge?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 08:09:04 AM »
excerpt from Open Letters to New Jersey Teachers during campaign

Here are the facts:
I will be a strong ally for teachers in the classroom. When elected, I will make education funding a top priority and I believe we must ensure those dollars reach our children and the classroom, not the educational bureaucracy. In these tough economic times, we must ensure that the proper resources get to you, the teachers in the classroom. Despite what is said by my opponents, I would accept federal education stimulus dollars to help fund our children's educations. Education is a priority and this money is critical to ensuring we are able to continue giving our children the education they deserve. We must also make sure that education dollars are always a priority and come from stable sources. Too often these grants or stimulus dollars are accepted for programs with no plan on how to pay for them after the money runs dry. It is time for a new era of responsibility in Trenton, and I will work to secure a steady source of funding for all education programs.

I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. In fact, in order to ensure your retirement savings are safe, I believe we must prioritize the protection of pension fund dollars and investigate the cause of Jon Corzine's large investment losses to our pension system. Currently there is a $34 billion deficit in the State's pension fund, which threatens the retirement and lifeline of so many teachers. We must do better for our teachers, future teachers and retirees. As Governor, I will work to close unfunded liabilities and make sure our state lives up to its promises, unlike Jon Corzine. I will not raid your pension fund to cover budgetary shortfalls like previous governors of both parties have done. One of the changes I will bring to Trenton is responsible management, investment, and oversight of state pension dollars.

I will not end collective bargaining and will safeguard protections for ALL public employees, including teachers. Collective bargaining is an important safeguard for public employees and is a part of a long American tradition of self government. We must make sure that the voice of every worker is represented in contract negotiations. I will demand open, honest, and fair deliberations.It’s true that times are tough. But the truth is that Jon Corzine has handed the NJEA and every student a ticking time bomb in this year's budget. He has funded the new school aid formula with $1 billion in one-shot revenue that will disappear next year. Every school budget and academic, athletic, and extra-curricular program for our kids is at risk because of the Governor’s reckless, short-sighted policy. Governor Corzine has refused to make the tough decisions required to make sure we make education funding a priority for recurring revenue and to avoid the ticking time bomb.

We may disagree on some issues, but I know we agree on what’s most important – delivering the best education we can for our kids. Giving New Jersey's children a quality education is critical to their future and I know we wouldn't be able to do that without the dedication and tireless commitment of teachers like you. I appreciate you allowing me to clear up some of the misinformation being circulated about my plans to support our state's teachers.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 08:21:16 AM »
And guess what Straw - afterhe walked into office and reaized what a ponzi scheme Corzine was running making everything he aid not feasible. 

The states re FUCKING BROKE, what part of that do you not understand?   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 08:25:11 AM »
And guess what Straw - afterhe walked into office and reaized what a ponzi scheme Corzine was running making everything he aid not feasible. 

he needs it put in obama terms...think of gitmo and that promise straw...

you say shit until you get in and actually get a handle on the situation and then realize "fuck, thats not really plausible is it"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 08:27:18 AM »
he needs it put in obama terms...think of gitmo and that promise straw...

you say shit until you get in and actually get a handle on the situation and then realize "fuck, thats not really plausible is it"

I have no issue with GITMO at all and always thought that was a ridiculous cause of the FAR left.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 08:33:47 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 08:35:58 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 08:43:19 AM »

He mentioned Corzine in the letter and seemed fully aware of the challenges but since these comments were in an open letter I assume you can show another letter or speech where he specifically retracted them.       

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 08:50:40 AM »
He mentioned Corzine in the letter and seemed fully aware of the challenges but since these comments were in an open letter I assume you can show another letter or speech where he specifically retracted them.       
hey straw first you didnt post a link and I for one would appreciate that link...its the rule these days you know?

2nd he does mention corzine many times...about his mismanagement of pension assets...his injecting a one time billion dollar stimulus meant to be destributed over years in his election year...

what part of this letter do you feel he is not living up to?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »
hey straw first you didnt post a link and I for one would appreciate that link...its the rule these days you know?

2nd he does mention corzine many times...about his mismanagement of pension assets...his injecting a one time billion dollar stimulus meant to be destributed over years in his election year...

Straw really must be joking that he is in finance.  I wonder if he is connected to madoff in any way with these crazy ideas.   

These states are all broke and can't afford it anymore.    What part of BROKE do you not grasp Straw?     

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 09:18:52 AM »
excerpt from Open Letters to New Jersey Teachers during campaign

Here are the facts:
I will be a strong ally for teachers in the classroom. When elected, I will make education funding a top priority and I believe we must ensure those dollars reach our children and the classroom, not the educational bureaucracy. In these tough economic times, we must ensure that the proper resources get to you, the teachers in the classroom. Despite what is said by my opponents, I would accept federal education stimulus dollars to help fund our children's educations. Education is a priority and this money is critical to ensuring we are able to continue giving our children the education they deserve. We must also make sure that education dollars are always a priority and come from stable sources. Too often these grants or stimulus dollars are accepted for programs with no plan on how to pay for them after the money runs dry. It is time for a new era of responsibility in Trenton, and I will work to secure a steady source of funding for all education programs.

I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. In fact, in order to ensure your retirement savings are safe, I believe we must prioritize the protection of pension fund dollars and investigate the cause of Jon Corzine's large investment losses to our pension system. Currently there is a $34 billion deficit in the State's pension fund, which threatens the retirement and lifeline of so many teachers. We must do better for our teachers, future teachers and retirees. As Governor, I will work to close unfunded liabilities and make sure our state lives up to its promises, unlike Jon Corzine. I will not raid your pension fund to cover budgetary shortfalls like previous governors of both parties have done. One of the changes I will bring to Trenton is responsible management, investment, and oversight of state pension dollars.

I will not end collective bargaining and will safeguard protections for ALL public employees, including teachers. Collective bargaining is an important safeguard for public employees and is a part of a long American tradition of self government. We must make sure that the voice of every worker is represented in contract negotiations. I will demand open, honest, and fair deliberations.It’s true that times are tough. But the truth is that Jon Corzine has handed the NJEA and every student a ticking time bomb in this year's budget. He has funded the new school aid formula with $1 billion in one-shot revenue that will disappear next year. Every school budget and academic, athletic, and extra-curricular program for our kids is at risk because of the Governor’s reckless, short-sighted policy. Governor Corzine has refused to make the tough decisions required to make sure we make education funding a priority for recurring revenue and to avoid the ticking time bomb.

We may disagree on some issues, but I know we agree on what’s most important – delivering the best education we can for our kids. Giving New Jersey's children a quality education is critical to their future and I know we wouldn't be able to do that without the dedication and tireless commitment of teachers like you. I appreciate you allowing me to clear up some of the misinformation being circulated about my plans to support our state's teachers.

I don't know enough about Christie to know if I fully support him, but some of these don't sit right.  So at least let's discuss whether or not they're even factual.

As I understand it he increased school funding around 200 mil (or so)?

I don't think the federal stimulus dollars are there anymore for him to accept.

I don't think he's touched existing pensions.  Only future pensions.  Link?

I haven't heard anything about him ending collective bargaining.  Gotta link?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »

why would you assume any position on my part.  I didn't say I agree with his statements (I have huge issues with defined benefit pensions for any government employee) and I didn't say or suggest he wasn't living up to anything in the letter either

The letter was on his campaign website which is currently not availaible:  http://christiefornj.com/

here is a link to the letter which was widely reported on and you can find the text quite easily on the interweb:
http://jerseyjazzman.blogspot.com/2010/08/christies-letter-to-teachers-gone-but.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 09:53:41 AM »
why would you assume any position on my part.  I didn't say I agree with his statements (I have huge issues with defined benefit pensions for any government employee) and I didn't say or suggest he wasn't living up to anything in the letter either

The letter was on his campaign website which is currently not availaible:  http://christiefornj.com/

here is a link to the letter which was widely reported on and you can find the text quite easily on the interweb:
http://jerseyjazzman.blogspot.com/2010/08/christies-letter-to-teachers-gone-but.html
thanks

LMAO well when 333 gave reasons for his actions you said that he had mentioned corzine and had to have known about the situation before hand...

so what was the point of posting your post and bolding the sections you did then?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 10:06:24 AM »
thanks

LMAO well when 333 gave reasons for his actions you said that he had mentioned corzine and had to have known about the situation before hand...

so what was the point of posting your post and bolding the sections you did then?

I'm just adding the "appreciation thread" by showing some of his public comments that I thought people would appreciate

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »
I'm just adding the "appreciation thread" by showing some of his public comments that I thought people would appreciate
LMFAO and what do you believe you were adding by bolding the sections you did?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 10:09:25 AM »

From what I understand, Corzine also signed on to a few crazy contracts on the way out of office that were previously unknown to Christie that were a big surprise when he went into office.  

NJ has been run by the govt unions for far too long and like Christie says "Don't blame the first guy who is telling you the truth for these problems"  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 10:17:23 AM »
LMFAO and what do you believe you were adding by bolding the sections you did?

I wasn't "adding" anything by using bold print

I also increased the font size of the entire text

what does that mean to you?