Author Topic: The Official Chris Christie Appreciation Thread  (Read 64003 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Official Chris Christie Appreciation Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »
did you read the parts that were bold?

i read the entire post. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2011, 08:04:08 PM »
i read the entire post. 

that was the point

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2011, 08:09:02 PM »
that was the point

i thought you were highlighting the certain parts for a reason.  Either way, christie walked into a worse situation than he realized. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »
i thought you were highlighting the certain parts for a reason.  Either way, christie walked into a worse situation than he realized. 

excerpt from Open Letters to New Jersey Teachers during campaign

Here are the facts:

I will be a strong ally for teachers in the classroom. When elected, I will make education funding a top priority and I believe we must ensure those dollars reach our children and the classroom, not the educational bureaucracy. In these tough economic times, we must ensure that the proper resources get to you, the teachers in the classroom. Despite what is said by my opponents, I would accept federal education stimulus dollars to help fund our children's educations. Education is a priority and this money is critical to ensuring we are able to continue giving our children the education they deserve. We must also make sure that education dollars are always a priority and come from stable sources. Too often these grants or stimulus dollars are accepted for programs with no plan on how to pay for them after the money runs dry. It is time for a new era of responsibility in Trenton, and I will work to secure a steady source of funding for all education programs.

I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. In fact, in order to ensure your retirement savings are safe, I believe we must prioritize the protection of pension fund dollars and investigate the cause of Jon Corzine's large investment losses to our pension system. Currently there is a $34 billion deficit in the State's pension fund, which threatens the retirement and lifeline of so many teachers. We must do better for our teachers, future teachers and retirees. As Governor, I will work to close unfunded liabilities and make sure our state lives up to its promises, unlike Jon Corzine. I will not raid your pension fund to cover budgetary shortfalls like previous governors of both parties have done. One of the changes I will bring to Trenton is responsible management, investment, and oversight of state pension dollars.

I will not end collective bargaining and will safeguard protections for ALL public employees, including teachers. Collective bargaining is an important safeguard for public employees and is a part of a long American tradition of self government. We must make sure that the voice of every worker is represented in contract negotiations. I will demand open, honest, and fair deliberations.It’s true that times are tough. But the truth is that Jon Corzine has handed the NJEA and every student a ticking time bomb in this year's budget. He has funded the new school aid formula with $1 billion in one-shot revenue that will disappear next year. Every school budget and academic, athletic, and extra-curricular program for our kids is at risk because of the Governor’s reckless, short-sighted policy. Governor Corzine has refused to make the tough decisions required to make sure we make education funding a priority for recurring revenue and to avoid the ticking time bomb.

We may disagree on some issues, but I know we agree on what’s most important – delivering the best education we can for our kids. Giving New Jersey's children a quality education is critical to their future and I know we wouldn't be able to do that without the dedication and tireless commitment of teachers like you. I appreciate you allowing me to clear up some of the misinformation being circulated about my plans to support our state's teachers.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »
yup i always high light, underline and bold text at random LMAO

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2011, 08:35:01 PM »
yup i always high light, underline and bold text at random LMAO

just for you

Here are the facts:

I will be a strong ally for teachers in the classroom. When elected, I will make education funding a top priority and I believe we must ensure those dollars reach our children and the classroom, not the educational bureaucracy. In these tough economic times, we must ensure that the proper resources get to you, the teachers in the classroom. Despite what is said by my opponents, I would accept federal education stimulus dollars to help fund our children's educations. Education is a priority and this money is critical to ensuring we are able to continue giving our children the education they deserve. We must also make sure that education dollars are always a priority and come from stable sources. Too often these grants or stimulus dollars are accepted for programs with no plan on how to pay for them after the money runs dry. It is time for a new era of responsibility in Trenton, and I will work to secure a steady source of funding for all education programs.

I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. In fact, in order to ensure your retirement savings are safe, I believe we must prioritize the protection of pension fund dollars and investigate the cause of Jon Corzine's large investment losses to our pension system. Currently there is a $34 billion deficit in the State's pension fund, which threatens the retirement and lifeline of so many teachers. We must do better for our teachers, future teachers and retirees. As Governor, I will work to close unfunded liabilities and make sure our state lives up to its promises, unlike Jon Corzine. I will not raid your pension fund to cover budgetary shortfalls like previous governors of both parties have done. One of the changes I will bring to Trenton is responsible management, investment, and oversight of state pension dollars.

I will not end collective bargaining and will safeguard protections for ALL public employees, including teachers. Collective bargaining is an important safeguard for public employees and is a part of a long American tradition of self government. We must make sure that the voice of every worker is represented in contract negotiations. I will demand open, honest, and fair deliberations.It’s true that times are tough. But the truth is that Jon Corzine has handed the NJEA and every student a ticking time bomb in this year's budget. He has funded the new school aid formula with $1 billion in one-shot revenue that will disappear next year. Every school budget and academic, athletic, and extra-curricular program for our kids is at risk because of the Governor’s reckless, short-sighted policy. Governor Corzine has refused to make the tough decisions required to make sure we make education funding a priority for recurring revenue and to avoid the ticking time bomb.

We may disagree on some issues, but I know we agree on what’s most important – delivering the best education we can for our kids. Giving New Jersey's children a quality education is critical to their future and I know we wouldn't be able to do that without the dedication and tireless commitment of teachers like you. I appreciate you allowing me to clear up some of the misinformation being circulated about my plans to support our state's teachers.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »
^^^^

its not the same without the random bolding of text for no reason what so ever...

just for you

Here are the facts:

there you go straw much better... :D :D :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »
^^^^

its not the same without the random bolding of text for no reason what so ever...

there you go straw much better... :D :D :D

all the words look the same to me

how about you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »
all the words look the same to me

how about you?
LOL yup dont worry about the extra high lighting, underlining and bolding i just threw those in there for some extra color to make the reading more exciting ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2011, 09:18:40 PM »
LOL yup dont worry about the extra high lighting, underlining and bolding i just threw those in there for some extra color to make the reading more exciting ;)

right on man

I have no idea what your point is but keep up the good work

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2011, 09:31:01 PM »
right on man

I have no idea what your point is but keep up the good work
point? why do i need a point?

i just like typing random comments as you like bolding random text...there doesnt need to be a point right?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2011, 09:45:53 PM »
point? why do i need a point?

i just like typing random comments as you like bolding random text...there doesnt need to be a point right?

apparently not

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2011, 05:39:31 AM »

Christie adviser mulls PAC
By: Maggie Haberman
February 20, 2011 02:53 PM EST

www.politico.com

One of Chris Christie's top political advisers revealed that he is considering formation of a federal political action committee because of the extraordinary interest in the New Jersey governor.

Bill Palatucci, often described as Christie's "political godfather," said that not forming such a fundraising committee would be "leaving money on the table."

The comments came in an interview with the  Courier-Post of Cherry Hill, N.J., published Sunday.

Palatucci, Christie's former law partner, made the remarks even as he tried throwing cold water on the notion that the governor — who's gotten acclaim from national Republicans — is taking steps designed toward a presidential run.

"If reporters would look for a second below the surface, they'd see I've never been to Iowa," Palatucci said, adding that another adviser, Mike DuHaime, "has not been to New Hampshire. There have been no lawyers hired to advise or investigate a presidential run."

But on the possibility of forming a federal committee, the newspaper quoted Palatucci as saying: 'I might frankly contemplate that. There's so much interest out there; it's leaving money on the table by not having one."

The newspaper reported that Palatucci was referring to a presidential exploratory committee, but in a statement to POLITICO shortly after publication of this article, Palatucci clarified that he was merely referring to a federal PAC — so-called leadership PACs that politicians use to raise money and contribute to other candidates.

"I never said nor did I intend to imply that I or anyone else was considering an exploratory committee," he said in the statement. "I was musing about creating a federal committee and this local reporter took it upon herself to think that meant an exploratory committee, not knowing the difference or what that would mean."

Late Sunday, reporter Jane Roh posted on her Courier-Post blog that it was a misunderstanding between her and Palatucci, and that while he told POLITICO he would seek a correction, "he agreed a clarification instead was appropriate."

Palatucci's comments came after Christie again spoke last week in terms of having to commit suicide to dispel questions about whether he'll run next year. (See also: 2012 Live)

Christie has repeatedly insisted he's not preparing to run, despite entreaties from national Republicans, pundits like Ann Coulter and plaudits from conservative editorial boards.

He's won acclaim from the right as a budget-cutter and for his battle with the teachers union in his state.

© 2011 Capitol News Company, LLC

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2011, 09:05:16 AM »

One of Chris Christie's top political advisers revealed that he is considering formation of a federal political action committee because of the extraordinary interest in the New Jersey governor.

I think he might be a good contender, but we really need a lot more info on where he stands on issues.  You know if he has any foreign policy experience?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »
i heard if he turns on his computer and goes on the internet he can see russia in his monitor, that should be good enough ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2011, 09:30:23 AM »
What foreign policy experience did bama have? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2011, 09:54:48 AM »
If Chris Christie tries to lose weight I wonder if the posters on this board who criticized Obama for smoking, and trying to quit, and then quiting will also criticize Christie for trying to lose weight. 

I assume they will

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »
Christie does not lecture people how to live like the two grifters in the white house do. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2011, 10:01:46 AM »
they would say he's not fat just pleasantly plump  ;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2011, 10:04:59 AM »
or maybe he's just big boned  ;D, or he might just have a thyroid problem

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2011, 10:07:31 AM »
Christie does not lecture people how to live like the two grifters in the white house do. 

did Obama lecture anyone to quit smoking?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
Look at the Lib defending Christie against right wing wack jobs

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2011, 10:25:53 AM »
I can see why Repubs like this guy

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
holy shit they didn't know this now they are going to hate him  :D his run is done

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2011, 10:33:25 AM »
I entered "Chris Christ" into the search engine, and i found this pic..