Author Topic: The New American Idol Will Be . . .  (Read 18238 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The New American Idol Will Be . . .
« on: March 08, 2007, 10:05:46 AM »
Melinda Doolittle or Lakisha.  That is all.

:)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: The New American Idol Will Be . . .
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 10:06:27 AM »
Bring back Katherine McPhee.  :P

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 05:28:18 PM »
I am unimpressed with the talent this year. I am not sure Lakisha or Melinda can win cuz they are so fkn ugly. But they are the best so far.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 07:00:07 PM »
I am unimpressed with the talent this year. I am not sure Lakisha or Melinda can win cuz they are so fkn ugly. But they are the best so far.

I agree.  Not impressed.  But as the judges say, "it's a singing competition."  I think Melinda is terrific.  Lakisha is very good.  The rest have the blah factor for the most part, particularly the guys.  They really suck. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 05:08:01 AM »
The light-skinned girl that Am voted off, was hot and could sing, that other girl could not.

I don't care in A. Barba could swallow the mike, she can't hang with those girls.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 06:41:09 AM »
Am I the only one who doesn't watch American Idol?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 07:39:37 AM »
The light-skinned girl that Am voted off, was hot and could sing, that other girl could not.

I agree.  They should have kept that girl on and kicked off one of the guys. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 07:41:37 AM »

Don't be scared man.   :)  I didn't watch it for the first 2.5 years.  My kids finally twisted my arm into watching it and now I'm hooked.  I can handicap the contest pretty well now.  I've already given you your likely two finalists.   :)

They claim to be the most watched program on T.V. now. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 08:33:45 AM »
That black chick who used to be a back up singer is awsome (singing wise) she has a head like a TV with no neck to speak of. She is ugly but she can sing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 09:25:05 AM »
That black chick who used to be a back up singer is awsome (singing wise) she has a head like a TV with no neck to speak of. She is ugly but she can sing.

Melinda Doolittle.  She is awesome.  No neck and all.  The the clear favorite at this point.  Or at least she should be. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 11:15:06 AM »
Don't be scared man.   :)  I didn't watch it for the first 2.5 years.  My kids finally twisted my arm into watching it and now I'm hooked.  I can handicap the contest pretty well now.  I've already given you your likely two finalists.   :)

They claim to be the most watched program on T.V. now. 

If you can handicap, I could use your help once a week. I bet my buddy 50 bucks on who will get eliminated every week. Sometimes we are both wrong, sometimes we pick the same, but 50 bucks can add up if I pick them right. So far I am up 2 to 0 with a tie. I go to dialidol http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp and I look at the boards to see who has been talked about the most. If you don't mind Maybe I will just ask you?
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 12:22:14 PM »
If you can handicap, I could use your help once a week. I bet my buddy 50 bucks on who will get eliminated every week. Sometimes we are both wrong, sometimes we pick the same, but 50 bucks can add up if I pick them right. So far I am up 2 to 0 with a tie. I go to dialidol http://www.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp and I look at the boards to see who has been talked about the most. If you don't mind Maybe I will just ask you?

Sure.   :)  I pegged McPhee and Paris from last year as finalists before they went to Hollywood.  I use dialidol.com too.  It was very accurate last year.  But I have to confess that it is difficult to predict how long the public will keep some of the duds around.  Just looking at last night, there is no way they should have kept a couple of those people over the last girl who was eliminated.  Didn't see that one coming. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 01:06:34 PM »
Sure.   :)  I pegged McPhee and Paris from last year as finalists before they went to Hollywood.  I use dialidol.com too.  It was very accurate last year.  But I have to confess that it is difficult to predict how long the public will keep some of the duds around.  Just looking at last night, there is no way they should have kept a couple of those people over the last girl who was eliminated.  Didn't see that one coming. 

Thanks. I agree the American public is stupid sometimes. That Sanjaya kid is horrible, but America likes him so he is still around :-\ Sundance kind of sucks, but he is way better than that kid. Last year we chose "top 4 wildcards" with 10 people left for 100 bucks, had to choose someone to make the top 4, couldn't choose Taylor or Chris. My buddy took Pickler and I took Elliott for 100 bucks :D
E

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 01:09:07 PM »
The beatbox kid is the only good guy they have at all this year.  He actually has talent. 
I loved it when he sang the 311 song, and I loved it even more that the stupid judges didn't even know what song it was.

It's between him and the two black girls who are awesome.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 01:11:36 PM »
The beatbox kid is the only good guy they have at all this year.  He actually has talent. 
I loved it when he sang the 311 song, and I loved it even more that the stupid judges didn't even know what song it was.

It's between him and the two black girls who are awesome.

No, Blake can't win. Chris Sligh has a better chance than him cuz he is funny. Even Chris Richardson has a better chance than Blake does.
E

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 01:13:28 PM »
No, Blake can't win. Chris Sligh has a better chance than him cuz he is funny. Even Chris Richardson has a better chance than Blake does.

Damn you know their names too...is Chris Sligh the bozo-the-clown kid?  Which one is Chris Richardson?

I think beatbox kid has a damn good chance...he's a cutie pie too.  He'll win over all the girls.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 01:14:45 PM »

Damn you know their names too...is Chris Sligh the bozo-the-clown kid?  Which one is Chris Richardson?

I think beatbox kid has a damn good chance...he's a cutie pie too.  He'll win over all the girls.

Yeah, Chris Sligh is the fat kid that clowned Simon. Chris Richardson is the buzz cut guy who played college football. And no Blake can't win :P
E

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 01:17:55 PM »
Yeah, Chris Sligh is the fat kid that clowned Simon. Chris Richardson is the buzz cut guy who played college football. And no Blake can't win :P

I would bet you $50 but I don't think that any of the guys are going to win. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 03:58:10 PM »
That idian "Michael Jackson" looking dude needs to go. I don't care if he is the first East Indian to get this far....he shouldn't have made it. Period. Sundance should have stayed. I bet you 20 million Indians voted to keep Sinjare on.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »
American idol sucks.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 05:43:29 PM »
Hey Beach Bum, are you Eastern time? I was just curious as to when you watch the show, I am supposed to pick my evictee sometime tonight, I think he is wise to me using the internet to beat him every week. ;D I think they all suck so far. Melinda is ok, but she is WAY too ugly to watch on TV, maybe I could handle her on the radio. :P
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 04:01:28 PM »
I took Stephanie Edwards to get kicked off, what do ya think BB?
E

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 03:41:18 PM »

You are not alone.

FUCK AMERICAN IDOL!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 10:50:40 PM »
I took Stephanie Edwards to get kicked off, what do ya think BB?

I'm six hours behind EST.  I see the show on tape delay.  I actually thought one of the guys would go home.  They picked the right one.  The Indian kid needs to go next. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 10:57:51 AM »
My top three and bottom three based solely on last night's performances:

Top 3
1. Jordan
2.  Melinda (I still think she is the clear favorite)
3.  Lakisha

Bottom 3
11.  Sanjaya (He is terrible! An absolute mess last night.)
10.  Gina
9.   Phil

Who I think will be in the bottom 3? 
Stephanie
Sanjaya
Phil