Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT  (Read 18953 times)

Robert_Lopez

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
Re: THE DARK KNIGHT
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 08:28:41 AM »
Its not fair to compare because 89 stands absolutely zero chance. Nothing about it touches Dark Knight in anyway.

I sent you a PM

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »
Got it and good catch!

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »
although the 1989 orginal has less action....its batmobile and "bat jet" are exactly the same as the comic and are very cool.....jack N got the best actor oscar if i am not wrong...... it was directed by tim burton

batman returns also by tim burton is alright.... at least it kept the "darkness" of the comic.

batman forever and " batman and robin" moved from the darkness...into comedy...

Moosejay

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 09:18:07 AM »
although the 1989 orginal has less action....its batmobile and "bat jet" are exactly the same as the comic and are very cool.....jack N got the best actor oscar if i am not wrong...... it was directed by tim burton

batman returns also by tim burton is alright.... at least it kept the "darkness" of the comic.

batman forever and " batman and robin" moved from the darkness...into comedy...

worst comic movie ever

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 09:21:46 AM »
Maybe Mr. Freeze can comeback !!!!
L

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 09:25:13 AM »
"Tonight's forecast..........A Freeeeeeeeeeze is coming......"

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 10:01:12 AM »
Seriously, batman fans are gonna loose their minds when they see this!! Even if your not a Batman fan you will enjoy this movie. It is that good!!! It is 2 1/2hrs long and by the end of the movie you won't realize you have been there that long, keeps you at the edge of your seat & not predictable.

Saw it at midnight as well bro. SIMPLY AMAZING. Ledger made the movie. God rest his soul.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 10:14:26 AM »
Dark Knight to storm the box office
Ledger's last film expected to be a classic

Heath Ledger's last film "The Dark Knight" is shaping up to be the biggest film in box office history as fans eagerly await its Friday night opening.

"The Dark Knight," had around 3,000 late-night showings, including almost 100 showings at 3 and 6 a.m. Friday, according to Fandango.com spokesman Harry Medved.

Medved said he couldn't remember the last time there were more than two or three such showings in the middle of the night -- usually in New York or Los Angeles.

"Isn't that when people are just thinking about waking up and going to Starbucks?" Medved said Thursday. "I predict coffee sales will increase tomorrow."

Theaters reported sellouts all over the country, and excited fans were energized by the opening. Enthusiasts showed up in groups, some dressed head to toe in their Batman gear to celebrate the movie's release.

One group attending a showing at the 428-seat Henry Ford IMAX Theatre outside Detroit, Michigan, drove to the venue in their version of the Batmobile and outfits representing nearly every major Batman character. The midnight show -- with a costume party preceding it -- sold out in less than a week, according to the Detroit Free Press.

With a running time of two and a half hours, Medved is declaring "The Dark Knight's" opening day "Dark Friday," predicting attendance at work could be dramatically down.

During a survey given to people who buy tickets through Fandango.com, 38 percent of those who are working said they would be taking either some time or the day off to see the movie.

According to MovieTickets.com, "Dark Knight" sold out more than 150 performances in Los Angeles and New York alone.

The midnight show times were not just for major movie centers, either. Medved said cities such as Fresno, California; Orlando, Florida; and towns in Minnesota were scheduled to host early-morning showings.

"The Dark Knight" already has risen to second place on Fandango.com's all-time list of advance tickets sales, second only to "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith." "The Dark Knight" tickets represent 94 percent of Fandango's sales, Medved said.

Interest is high at IMAX theaters, too, especially because six film sequences were shot with IMAX cameras.

And it's not just the movie business that's looking to cash in on the blockbuster. Corporate America hopes to capitalize on the hype, too, with Dominos offering a "Gotham City" pizza, and Comcast showing behind-the-scenes movie footage and interviews with the cast and filmmakers via their On Demand service.

The film also is earning Oscar buzz, thanks to the late Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker.

Moviegoers purchasing tickets on Fandango.com echoed those sentiments, with 53 percent saying his performance was their main motivation for seeing the film.

Ledger's performance has been hailed as "indelible" (Los Angeles Times' Kenneth Turan), "powerful" (The Washington Post's Stephen Hunter, in an overall mixed review) and "mesmerizing" (CNN.com's Tom Charity); clips of his character have dominated the movie's marketing campaign.

His absence was conspicuous Monday at the New York premiere, his co-stars noted.

"He should be here, shouldn't he? Because this is his big moment -- because he is the most amazing thing in the picture," said Michael Caine, who plays Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred. "And it's not because he's dead or something and everyone's concentrating on him. He would have been the most amazing thing in the picture anyway."

Caine also praised the late actor's commitment to immersing himself in a character, something he says is evident from Ledger's opening monologue.

"It's one of the finest close-ups I've ever seen," Caine said.

Aaron Eckhart, who plays Dent, said it was tragic that Ledger wasn't around to celebrate his achievement.

"It's hard to talk about; this is his. He created the Joker," Eckhart said. "He did it in his own way, and it's sad, but on the other hand, I am proud to be able to honor him tonight."

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 10:17:46 AM »
Here in Los Angeles the iMax showings are sold out until Tuesday and people on Craigslist are going nuts posting want ads offering crazy money to see this thing this weekend. 

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 10:19:03 AM »
saw it last night and it absolutely blew my mind. i was looking forward to it to be sure, but it was far better than i expected.

you know how when you watch the 1989 batman and think about how badass it would be without all the camp and silliness, and if they cranked up the insanity and darker aspects up to 11? that's dark knight.

Moosejay

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 10:19:23 AM »
It'd be cool for them to film the "Dark Knight Returns..." where Batman returns to action at age 55 and must fight Superman, and actually beats him, as seen in Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »
I got the 12:05 am showing last night.. Awesome movie!

The movies itself was unique in that it was much more realistic than other superhero flicks. The action itself didn't look CGI, but REAL

Heath Ledger's joker is probably the scariest villain I've ever seen. The character felt almost real to me lol that's the only way I can even decribe his performance

Moosejay

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »
Was the maggie gyllenhall(spell) character lame? I don't think she is a very good actress...as so,eone said...how does she get so much work?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »
Her performance was probably the worst of the lot. Katie Holmes should've stayed on

Everyone else was outstanding

Moosejay

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 10:43:51 AM »
Her performance was probably the worst of the lot. Katie Holmes should've stayed on

Yes, kinda gawky looking...nothing near the talent of her brother, who was slated to do Spiderman when the other kid was threatening to bail

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »
Yes, kinda gawky looking...nothing near the talent of her brother, who was slated to do Spiderman when the other kid was threatening to bail

She looked old and wrinkled, which would have been okay had she acted better

The Dark Knight makes all 3 Spiderman flicks look like 1.5 star review movies.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 10:58:32 AM »
Helllllloooooooooooooooo Comissioner!!!!............

""Why soooooo Serious?"

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 01:54:47 PM »
Best part is when he's dressed as the nurse lol I really enjoyed the movie I think Ledger did a great job as did Bale

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 02:11:43 PM »
Best part is when he's dressed as the nurse lol I really enjoyed the movie I think Ledger did a great job as did Bale

hahaha

He teases Dent and he tosses the coin.. Probably the most realistic movie villain I've ever seen

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 02:13:41 PM »

Asshole >:(
[/quote
debussey say asshole where debussey=asshole

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 02:14:46 PM »
 "I will make this pencil disappear !"... ta daaaaaaaaaa
Gracie Rules

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 02:15:31 PM »

Tom cruise has say in her career now thats why they killed her off since there is no chance at all for her original return. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 02:18:45 PM »
"I will make this pencil disappear !"... ta taaaaaaaaaa

" See all gone " lol

Robert_Lopez

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
"I will make this pencil disappear !"... ta taaaaaaaaaa

That part & when he dressed as a nurse was insane!!! awesome actor!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2008, 02:29:01 PM »
I hear Ledger won't even answer calls for a sequel.
HA HA AHA HA AHA AHAHA AHA AHAHA AHA AHA HA AHAHHAHA AHHAH A