Author Topic: Lost Season 5  (Read 15804 times)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Lost Season 5
« on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:40 PM »
Lost Season 5 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(season_5)

The fifth season begins February 4, 2009.

WARNING: SPOILERS AND POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!

________________________ ________________________ ______________________
Info released at Comic Con in July:

Though Cuse and Lindelof were as elusive as always during the Q&A session, they did offer up a few hints about the coming season.

1. The producers guaranteed that viewers will finally see Danielle Rousseau's story in season 5, despite the fact that the character recently died. 

2. They revealed that Kate will see Sawyer again.

3. Vincent the dog will be back.

4. We will find out if Richard Alpert has four or five toes. 

5. Desmond will be back.

6. Michael will not be back. He is dead.

7. Jin is not dead.

8. Ana-Lucia will be back. Flashback?

However, the most exciting thing about the new season is that the writers are once again shaking up their storytelling techniques. They plan to tell stories on the island, off the island, in the past and in the future. When the season premiere begins viewers will have no clue when or where they are, which is just how the Lost masterminds like it.

This is the new Dharma clip for the promotion of Lost Season 5 that was shown at the Comic Con.

Note: I will continue to add any tidbits I can until the new season starts. 8)

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming season.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Lost Season 5
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 12:08:49 PM »
Dude you are the man.  Thanks for this.   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:52:55 PM »
I got the DVD sets and I'm about halfway through season 3.  It's a fairly entertaining show, and the characters have been interesting enough to keep me watching. 

But....honestly the writers are stupid.  No one talks to one another, no one trusts one another, no one communicates important info to one another.  No one uses there dam heads, for example:

When Jack is imprisoned by "the others"  he passes up chance after chance to negotiate for information.

when Sawyer and Kate leave the island, they pass up a perfect opportunity to find out what the whole dam operation is about from carl.

I mean WTF? 

If i thought back more I'm sure i could find lots more stupidities in logical thinking.

BUT,  I'll probably see it through and watch season 4 and 5     lol 

Caveman

• Getbig II
  • Old-school is da shit
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 02:46:08 AM »
Man, I gave up after season 2. Lost is turning into the Gilligan's island of the 21:st century.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 02:48:33 AM »
That show is still going?!

I was going to say surely no one watches it, but obviously some still do... :-\
No doubt about it...

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 10:39:03 PM »
A lot of people do.

The new promo trailer for season five is now online :) 8)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 10:43:39 PM »
But....honestly the writers are stupid.  No one talks to one another, no one trusts one another, no one communicates important info to one another.  No one uses there dam heads, for example:

When Jack is imprisoned by "the others"  he passes up chance after chance to negotiate for information.

They weren't going to give him any, Oz. The deal was his freedom from the island in exchange for operating on Ben's back. No more. No less.

when Sawyer and Kate leave the island, they pass up a perfect opportunity to find out what the whole dam operation is about from carl.

I doubt Carl knew much about the overall purpose. A lot of them (The Others) don't seem to know much...with the exception of Richard Alpert.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 04:24:37 PM »
'Lost' moves to Wednesday slot starting Jan. 21
Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us

By Wayne Harada
Advertiser Entertainment Writer

It'll be Hump Day when "Lost" returns to ABC, starting Jan. 21.

The filmed-in-Hawai'i show will premiere on a Wednesday, returning to its original night after being a Thursday fixture. And expect a three-hour block, from 7 p.m., beginning with an hour of clips, followed by two back-to-back new episodes.

Various Web sites today announced the new playdate.

When it eases into its regular time slot, at 8 p.m. here, it will play opposite a new Fox TV drama, "Lie to Me," which will have a lead-in advantage following "American Idol," always a January-February heavy-hitter.

The return of "Lost" to the Wednesday lineup means that ABC's "Private Practice" will be bumped to another slot, another day.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081107/BREAKING01/81107074

io856

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 10:52:45 AM »
can't wait for lost to return its such a great show

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
I doubt Carl knew much about the overall purpose. A lot of them (The Others) don't seem to know much...with the exception of Richard Alpert.

Jack had full negotiating power because it was about ben's life.  So he could have asked for anything and they would have had no choice but to tell him. 

Carl could have have told tons of info even if he didn't know the overall purpose.  chances are he did have a good idea.

The shows is entertaining because of the characters, don 't get me wrong.  It's just poorly thought out IMO.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 11:05:19 PM »
Right now, I'd would say that the only thing I'm worried about is the whole reason, the whole secret behind everything...and having it be somewhat anticlimactic. The whole "what's going on on that island" has been built up so much that I'm worried that it may disappoint.

P.S. I still think Jack is Jacob. :)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 09:40:29 PM »
The new LOST promo that aired on Novemer 20th. 8)

Video with Exclusive Footage from the Upcoming Season of 'Lost' Airs November 20, Inside of "Grey's Anatomy"

ABC and Epic Records have partnered to produce a music video combining exclusive scenes from the upcoming fifth season of 'Lost', and live band performance footage from The Fray's new single, "You Found Me", from their sophomore self-titled album. A sneak peek of the video premieres THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20, inside 'Grey's Anatomy' (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET)

The Season Five Posters. It's the same picture, but one is wide and the other is vertical.

LOST: Season Five Poster 1
LOST: Season Five Poster 2

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 08:21:50 AM »
I'm changing my tune on this show.

Season 4 was much better.  The episode with desmond calling penny on x-mas eve was the best of the series IMO.  The writing has gotten a little better in the sense of not insulting the viewer's intelligence. 

I am looking forward to season 5.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 11:16:59 PM »
Just got Season 4 in the mail.  About to start our Lost marathon over holiday, where we watch all episodes beginning with Season 1 in preparation for the new season.  Love this show. 

Desolate, one of my kids thinks she is the ultimate Lost guru.  I read her some of your posts and she now considers herself the second most knowledgeable person about the show.   :)

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »
I've seen every episode and I'd love some answers, but after watching it this long, that's a dumb thing to ask for.  I'd think with only 2 seasons left, they'll have to start adding things up rather than creating more and more questions...but that's the specialty of the show.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 08:21:17 AM »
Anyone catch the season 5 premiere?    any thoughts?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 11:26:43 AM »
It was okay.  It is now completely a sci-fi show.  It kept me entertained, but I've seen better episodes.  Sort of like the start of Season 4 (slow). 

What did you think? 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 11:54:38 AM »
It was ok, a little too complicated for me to really enjoy.
E

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 11:54:50 AM »
It was okay.  It is now completely a sci-fi show.  It kept me entertained, but I've seen better episodes.  Sort of like the start of Season 4 (slow). 

What did you think? 

I liked it, It was entertaining.  It is getting very Si-Fi.  I think Sun has an hidden agenda and wouldn't be surprised if she was the one who sent the lawyers to Kate.  I loved how she shifted gears when her and kate were talking.  She certainly was manipulating her.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »
I liked it, It was entertaining.  It is getting very Si-Fi.  I think Sun has an hidden agenda and wouldn't be surprised if she was the one who sent the lawyers to Kate.  I loved how she shifted gears when her and kate were talking.  She certainly was manipulating her.

Yeah.  Good points.

I like Sun.  She can be ruthless when she needs to be (taking over her father's company, threatening Jin's mom).   

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 10:11:21 PM »
i think ben sent the lawyers, it would give kate more of a reason to go back to the island.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 10:27:30 PM »
Yeah....that makes better sense.

What do you think Sun is up to?

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 10:22:29 AM »
I have no clue what sun is up to, but she could be a wrinkle in the plan.  I'm willing to be they drag her there against her will, but she finds that jin is still alive or something.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 10:16:46 PM »
i think ben sent the lawyers, it would give kate more of a reason to go back to the island.

damn i'm good.  This episode also confirms why i never trust asian women.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 08:11:28 AM »
damn i'm good.  This episode also confirms why i never trust asian women.

lol,  didn't see last nights episode, DVR-ed it, and I'll watch it tonight but it seems like you were right  :)