Author Topic: Lost Season 5  (Read 15807 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Lost Season 5
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »
Sayid is a killer.  He and Ben are like serial killers on the sauce. 

Are young Ben and old Ben in the same time period? 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2009, 09:17:08 AM »
Sayid is a killer.  He and Ben are like serial killers on the sauce. 

Are young Ben and old Ben in the same time period? 

No, old Ben is with Sun and Jacks dad in 2009.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2009, 11:08:12 AM »

How is that when they were all on the same plane? 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2009, 11:20:25 AM »

I don't know. But Jacks dad showed them the pic of the Dharma class of 77.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2009, 11:37:32 AM »
I don't know. But Jacks dad showed them the pic of the Dharma class of 77.

Yeah that's right.  Forgot about that. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2009, 11:41:26 AM »
Yeah that's right.  Forgot about that. 

I am enjoying this season although it is confusing. I never realized how much I liked Lockes character though. I hate it when he is not in an episode.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
I am enjoying this season although it is confusing. I never realized how much I liked Lockes character though. I hate it when he is not in an episode.

This is the least enjoyable season so far for me.  It's really disjointed.  I don't like the way they sissy-fied Sawyer.  Hurley isn't funny anymore. 

I agree about Locke. 

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2009, 12:37:19 AM »

No, it is still 2004. Don't forget that the plane crashed in September of 2004 and they (Oceanic Six) were there a little over 100 days. It's like late December 2004 where Sun, Locke and Ben are now because they are in the correct/proper timeline.

The flash pulled Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid off the plane and transported them back to 1977. Don't forget that it is 1977 where Sawyer, Miles, Juliet and Daniel are. They've been living with Dharma for three years (1974-1977).

We don't yet know why the flash didn't pull Sun, Locke's body or Ben off the plane.

Also, you could make the argument that it wouldn't pull Ben off the plane since he wasn't on the initial Oceanic 815 flight from Sydney to Los Angeles.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2009, 01:06:22 AM »
The only problem is have with this season is the whole 1974 thing. When Locke put the wheel back on its axis, they should have been transported back to 2004. There hasn't yet been a good explanation about why they ended up in 1974.

But I know there is a Daniel episode coming up that may shed light on this.

Other thoughts:

Ilana is working for Widmore. I don't believe her when she says she was hired by that guy's (golfer) family to find Sayid. How would his family know that Sayid was the killer? They wouldn't. However, Widmore would.

Obviously, the show wants us to figure out who the bad guy is. Is it Widmore or Ben? Personally, I think it is Ben. His murder of Locke convinced me.

I think Ben wants to be the leader of the Others again. Locke is in the way, but he needed Locke to be on the plane to help get them back there. I know that Ben knows that the island has powers (It cured John's paralysis, Rose's cancer, made Jin virile), but I don't believe that he thinks the island and/or Jacob can raise the dead. When he wakes up from the head smack that Sun gave him with that oar, I think he is going to be shocked to see that John is alive.

Highlights of the season thus far:

Hurley telling his mother the truth.
Jack's grandfather was cool.
Desmond naming his son after Charlie.
Desmond confronting Widmore.
The lamppost station under the church.
Daniel seeing his mother as a young woman in 1954.
The bomb.
Locke going right into Richard's camp. This explains why Richard was at John's birth in the hospital and why he came to see him at the orphanage in previous season(s). Great stuff.
Charlotte's death. It was handled well.
Seeing young Danielle. We finally got to see her story about her husband and the other members of her team getting sick. Now we know this happened after a confrontation with Smokey. See him rip that guy's arm off? Too cool.
Locke meeting young Widmore on the island.
Locke and Christian in the cavern. It was Christian telling Locke to say hi to his son Jack that actually started to convince Jack that he may indeed need to go back to the island.
Widmore telling Locke that he was "tricked" off the island by Ben.
Abbadon's death.
Seeing Walt.
Ben strangling Locke. I jumped out of my chair and spilled my Dr. Pepper. :o
Seeing Radzinski. I don't know if you guys remember his name, but he's the guy who shoots himself in the head at the Swan Station. It leaves a big red stain. Desmond asks Kelvin about the stain on the wall. Kelvin tells Des the story; Radzinski went nuts, committed suicide. Also, Radzinski was the guy who drew the florescent map on the wall in the Swan Station that Locke first sees when he is pinned under the door.
Seeing the full four-toed statue even though it was only from behind. It looked Egyptian.  8)
Sayid shooting young Ben.

Questions:

Where are Rose, Bernard and the other crash survivors? 

My guess is that they are in 1977, but were captured by the Others and are now living with them.

Who beat up Ben?

Ben calls Jack and tells him that he needs to go pick up Locke’s body at the butcher shop. Why? Because someone beat Ben's ass. Was it Widmore agents? Don’t forget that Ben promised Widmore that he’d find and kill Penny. Did he? Is Penny dead and we just don’t know it yet? Was Ben beaten up by Desmond before managing to escape? ???

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »
Awesome episode this past week...loved how we finally saw where the smoke monster comes from and what it's powers are..loved how the monster made Ben relive is daughter's  death....and we now know that Ben made widmore leave the Island and that the smoke monster is some type of judge jury and executioner

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2009, 12:42:06 AM »
My predictions came true about Ben being shocked that the island brought Locke back to life as well as his injuries coming from an attempt to kill Penny. 8)

He was planning to kill John again. He still wants to be the leader of the Others. He never wanted to give that up.

Little Charlie saved Penny's life. If the kid didn't come up on deck, Ben would've undoubtedly shot and killed her before Desmond could recover and get to him.

The new crash survivors are flipping out. Ileana, Caesar, etc. It's becoming like Lord of the Flies. Still, I was shocked when Ben blew Caesar away. :o

I'm still concerned about the time travel stuff. What they're saying now is basically that Sayid made Ben evil by shooting him. It's classic tragedy stuff. It's like Anakin trying to save Padme from dying only to end up being the cause of it.

Clearly, Cerebus (smoke monster) saved Ben's life from the gunshot wound. However, it appears that one gets completely changed fundamentally when dealing with it. So while Ben was mad at his father for blaming the kid for his wife's death in childbirth, I don't think Ben was planning a mass execution. He just wanted to leave and live with the others.

Smokey changed Ben and thus brought out the worst in him. It is just like what happened to Danielle's husband and the rest of the guys from the French team. They went down under the Temple to rescue that one guy who had his arm ripped off and they came back changed. That's why Danielle killed her husband. she always said to Sayid that her husband became sick and she had to kill him.

Lost is using the whole Terminator time thing. Skynet sends a Terminator to kill Connor by killing the mother before he's born. But this time displacement equipment allows Reese to go back in time and impregnate the mother with John Connor. If Skynet never sent a Terminator back, John would've never been conceived.

Also, Cyberdyne used the chip in Arnold's skull and studied one of his arms in order to create Skynet. The machine ensured its creation by sending a T-800 Terminator back through time in order to leave the remnants necessary for its creation.

I know. It can give one a headache if they haven't studied theoretical physics and quantum mechanics. ??? :D

But Lost does seem to be going down this road.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »
Very good last couple of episodes.  It's much better when they don't try and do too much in an episode by focusing on too many characters. 

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2009, 08:42:18 PM »
Very good last couple of episodes.  It's much better when they don't try and do too much in an episode by focusing on too many characters. 

Yep, I agree, last nights was really good. But this whole 70's thing, is whereing thin. I want to see where this is going.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »
Christian implied to Sun and Frank that Locke was the key to bringing Jin and the others into the correct timeline.

I'm thinking season finale is when it could happen. Only four more episodes this season. And they usually do a two hour season finale. That gives us just three weeks. :o

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2009, 12:24:02 PM »

wow...Danielson finally posting about things other than race and black people.....(tears in my eyes)..that psychiatrist I suggested really helped!

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »

wow...Danielson finally posting about things other than race and black people.....(tears in my eyes)..that psychiatrist I suggested really helped!

I only do that on the politics board to fuck with a certain mod, and I am done with it tbh. Irl one of my best friends, who I am going out to watch the Wings game and UFC tonight is black, and I have several other black friends as well. Also, out of 20,000 plus posts, maybe 100 of them dealt with race so you are a bit off base ;)
E

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2009, 09:45:34 AM »
I only do that on the politics board to fuck with a certain mod, and I am done with it tbh. Irl one of my best friends, who I am going out to watch the Wings game and UFC tonight is black, and I have several other black friends as well. Also, out of 20,000 plus posts, maybe 100 of them dealt with race so you are a bit off base ;)

understood fella! ;)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2009, 09:20:37 PM »
Great episode this week. 8)

Daniel really turned out to be a great character.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »
Great episode this week. 8)

Daniel really turned out to be a great character.

that's true.....and his mother sending him back to the island knowing what was going to happen to him was hardcore......but how did the 1977 Daniel know about the Losties?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2009, 08:19:35 PM »
He saw the group picture that had Hurley, Jack and Kate in it. It was a copy of the same picture that Christian showed to Sun and Frank.

Don't forget, the Dharma Initiative was started by two doctoral candidates at the University of Michigan, a husband and wife couple named Gerald and Karen DeGroot.

I used to think that the DeGroots died on the island when Ben killed all of Dharma. In fact, I thought they were that couple that Jack found in season one. There were these two bodies that Jack found when they found the caves and fresh water. They were wrapped like mummies and one body (skeletons) had a smooth black rock on it and the other had a smooth white rock on it. That was when there was a lot of talk about black and white, yin and yang, etc.

Anyway, it seems now that the DeGroots stayed back in Michigan and ran the project from there.

But to really answer your question, I think that copies of pictures of the group are sent back to University of Michigan so that the DeGroots and people working on Dharma could have pictures/things/knickknacks of the project back home. Daniel must have seen the picture up on a wall of the new members from 1977. He saw Hurley, Jack and Kate. He instantly realized they came back to the island. So he probably made some excuse that he needed to go back and work from the island.

What I love is that he is trying to prevent the infamous incident that necessitated the computer and the implementing of the numbers (4,8,15,16,23 and 42) every 108 minutes to purge some of the energy from the dark matter, what we would call anti-matter. I think this incident is how Dr. Chang loses his arm. Also, I think this is why he sends his wife and baby Miles back home. He wasn't dumping his wife and kid. I think he was trying to protect them. He probably just didn't have time to explain everything to her before he sent her off on the sub. I wouldn't be surprised if this is also when young Charlotte and her mother left.

What was so great about this episode was how many questions it answered. Everything is coming together. :)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2009, 08:24:36 PM »
He saw the group picture that had Hurley, Jack and Kate in it. It was a copy of the same picture that Christian showed to Sun and Frank.

oh yeah...thanks!...by the way..how does Alvar Hanso play into all this??....they haven't mentioned him in awhile

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »
Yeah, he seemed all mysterious because he was this recluse who made his money making military ordinance.

But it's looking like he isn't involved in this. I thought Widmore would be the more meaningless character and that it would be Hanso who had been on the inland, wanted the island, wanted to exploit the island, etc. But it looks like he really is just a nice philanthropist.

Also, I think the show just likes to establish connections for the fans to discover. It's like Sun's father, Mr. Paik. His company, Paik Industries, built all of the hatches on the island. But it doesn't look like he knows about the island or its power. It was just a profitable job and nothing more. But they make his company the builder so that they can have the irony established when his daughter's plane crashes on that very same island with all these mysterious research stations.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »
Four good episodes in a row. 

I wish they would spill the beans on Richard already.  Ben called him "an advisor."  He never ages.  Who is he?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2009, 06:55:49 PM »
Four good episodes in a row. 

I wish they would spill the beans on Richard already.  Ben called him "an advisor."  He never ages.  Who is he?

Not sure about Richard, was cool to see Locke throwing his weight around though, great episode.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2009, 07:20:58 PM »
Not sure about Richard, was cool to see Locke throwing his weight around though, great episode.

Yeah.  He's going to kill Jacob.  That was actually funny.  Maybe Jacob is like The Wizard of Oz?  (Or The Wiz, depending on which version you like.)