Author Topic: "Thor" next SUPER HERO to get big screen treatment  (Read 73402 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: "Thor" next SUPER HERO to get big screen treatment
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 11:19:51 AM »
The Sentry is officially the strongest person in the Marvel Universe.  Hercules isn't among the top powerhouses like the Hulk.  More along the same level as The Thing, Wonder Man, Namor, etc..

Wrong. The Hulk is because there is no upper limit to his strength level; he has the potential strength to rend worlds in twain if he is angry enough; Hercules, when not being punished by his father, is definitely up there, much stronger than Namor or Thing. Class 100+.
I hate the State.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 11:23:05 AM »
The Sentry is officially the strongest person in the Marvel Universe.  Hercules isn't among the top powerhouses like the Hulk.  More along the same level as The Thing, Wonder Man, Namor, etc..

Actually you are incorrect.

The Hulk is THE strongest character (excluding Odin-level entities) in the MU, simply because of the fact that his strength has no limits.  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 11:39:50 AM »
You are both wrong.

The Abomination is even stronger than the Hulk.  With the same rage gene that increases his strength.

The Hulk has failed to even stop Juggernaut before in physical strength.  Although it can be assumed that it was mostly due to Juggernauts mystical force field.

The Silver Surfer possesses more sheer strength than Hulk, although that is attributed to his Cosmic Power enhancement.

The Sentry possess the power of a million exploding suns.  he is simply the most powerful being in Marvel Universe.  Of course, not taking into consideration the  Celestial (sp?) beings and their counterparts like Korvac and Beyonder.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 11:47:17 AM »
You are both wrong.

The Abomination is even stronger than the Hulk.  With the same rage gene that increases his strength.

The Hulk has failed to even stop Juggernaut before in physical strength.  Although it can be assumed that it was mostly due to Juggernauts mystical force field.

The Silver Surfer possesses more sheer strength than Hulk, although that is attributed to his Cosmic Power enhancement.

The Sentry possess the power of a million exploding suns.  he is simply the most powerful being in Marvel Universe.  Of course, not taking into consideration the  Celestial (sp?) beings and their counterparts like Korvac and Beyonder.

The Abomination does NOT have the rage characteristic of the Hulk; at calm levels, he is stronger, but the Hulk has far greater potential strength.

Blonsky's transformation into the Abomination substantially increases his strength and durability, giving him many of the same powers as the Hulk. Like the Hulk, the Abomination is still very resistant to damage, can hold his breath for extended periods of time, and breathe underwater. The Abomination is also capable of regenerating from damage, but at a slower rate, and can also go into a state of suspended animation if in a climate lacking air or heat. Like the Hulk, he can travel many miles with one bound.

Though similar to the Hulk, the Abomination also differs from the Hulk in several ways. First and foremost, Blonsky's transformation is permanent, unlike the Hulk's rage-induced transformations. In addition, while the Abomination was originally shown to be stronger than a calm Hulk, his strength does not increase with anger as the Hulk's does. Finally, he retains his intelligence in his Abomination form.
I hate the State.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »
You are both wrong.

First off, Juggernaut cannot be stopped physically, so that is a moot point.

Second, I would count Surfer more towards a Cosmic Entity, and I'd prefer to leave them out of this.

Third, depending upon which incarnation of the Hulk we're talking here, let's say even Mindless Hulk, his strength is infinite and he cannot be killed.  Just for kicks you could have abomination work up the ladder and fight Savage Hulk, Hulk 2099, World War Hulk (where he would be stopped for sure), and then on to Red Hulk, who in his present form equal to Thanos/Beyonder/HOTI etc.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »
The Abomination does NOT have the rage characteristic of the Hulk; at calm levels, he is stronger, but the Hulk has far greater potential strength.

Good call.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »
You are both wrong.

"The Beyonder is mighty.  The Beyonder is tough.  Beating him will be pretty rough."  :D

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »
Hulk Hogan would destroy all of them.

Boromir66

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
With forced perspective  and other movie tricks  Triple H would be the best IMO

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 12:17:03 PM »

Yup I think your right.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 12:25:32 PM »
Triple H was my choice a while back in one of the Hulk threads.

Looks like a Norse God on Steroids. And Thor is...  Exactly!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 01:24:10 PM »
Thor is the man..
I'm a comic guy
and a hundred to one they will spoil it like they did x men  and hulk.... and to some effect spiderman
choice is an illusion

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 01:30:05 PM »
shit, i can't think of anyone.  hollywood's ranks of musclebound gorillas are pretty think these days.  too bad, aside from bob, the ifbb has nothing to offer but disfigured faced idiots either.

what happened to the action star?  all actors are pussies.
Deep Tissue Massage

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 01:45:42 PM »
Mario Lopez

Movie worse than Catwoman with him the lead.  Better at following Derek Jeter around picking up his table scraps…as a starring role. 
Oh...Monica!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 02:50:06 PM »

no no no.

in world war hulk, the hulk beat sentry, and it wasn't sentry holding back, it was a full on psycho sentry giving his all to beat the hulk.

the hulk also beat the silver surfer in planet hulk.

as for herculese, he has went toe to toe with the hulk on numerous occassions, with most times the hulk coming out on top slightly.

all the thor fight have been equal.

hulk also beat the red hulk in last weeks comic, after the red hulk beat thor might i add.

so basically hulk fvckin rules, and i don't care if i'm a comic geek  8) ;D
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 02:53:09 PM »
First off, Juggernaut cannot be stopped physically, so that is a moot point.

again in wwh. the hulk did stop him, it was the classic immovable object vs the unstoppable force. in the end the hulk stepped aside making the juggernaught crash into a mountain as hulk didn;t have time to smack him as well as everyone else.  8)
175lbs by 31st July

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 02:53:28 PM »
no no no.

in world war hulk, the hulk beat sentry, and it wasn't sentry holding back, it was a full on psycho sentry giving his all to beat the hulk.

the hulk also beat the silver surfer in planet hulk.

as for herculese, he has went toe to toe with the hulk on numerous occassions, with most times the hulk coming out on top slightly.

all the thor fight have been equal.

hulk also beat the red hulk in last weeks comic, after the red hulk beat thor might i add.

so basically hulk fvckin rules, and i don't care if i'm a comic geek  8) ;D

I have lost track of all the Hulks. Can you summarise them and describe them?
I hate the State.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 03:20:45 PM »
If there was a fantasy draft Hulk would be #1 draft pic.
DAWG

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »
Thor is the man..
I'm a comic guy
and a hundred to one they will spoil it like they did x men  and hulk.... and to some effect spiderman

Then you are an out of touch comic guy.  The six Spiderman and X-Men films were considered very successful adaptations.

Movies that come from comic books are adapted to the big screen; by definition this requires changes.  Film is a very different medium from comics and what works in the comics will not always work on screen.  From make up, to costumes, to storylines and other elements no movie can be a true representation of any comic book.  Filmmakers understand this to a degree that fans and audiences never will…  For example, a filmmakers are constricted by things like budgets and that is something comic guys like you never think about.

Daredevil and Elektra were examples of poor adaptations but Spiderman and X-Men were winners.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2008, 03:59:12 PM »
am i wrong for thinking Daredevil wasnt all that bad - thought bullseye was mint lol

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »
I thought that the strongest superhero was Superman. He is also muscular... ;D
S

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 05:13:09 PM »
Who'r stronger,Odin,Hulk,Thor,the Thing?

Are u guys for real??

Last time I heard that discussion i was 8 years old.

WOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH  !!!

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 05:13:58 PM »

HHH would have been perfect about 8 years ago, but his age is really starting to show.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 05:22:31 PM »
I have lost track of all the Hulks. Can you summarise them and describe them?

green hulk -the one you know, strongest one there is - has no limit. in world war hulk he was angrier than ever, and basically beat every single marvel character (except thor who was dead)

red hulk - noone knows who he is yet (but he is not the banner/green hulk), but he seems stronger than green hulk at base level, and killed the abomination. he beat thor, and hulk seperately, but both came back and in the end hulk was too strong as he got madder and ko'd him.

thor and hulk have always been the big hitters (2 strongest). thor is weaker than hulk strength wise, but controls the hammer and lightening, hulk is strongest one there is bar none, and marvel will never allow one to beat the other for fear of fan backlash.

but we all know hulk would kick thors ass  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 05:37:27 PM »
I'm having a brain fart right now but Jim Quinn's old training partner from Gladiators is by far the best candidate if he can act.  Billy ......insert last name here???  Thunder from AG in the old days.  Someone help me out here :-\