Author Topic: "Thor" next SUPER HERO to get big screen treatment  (Read 73405 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: "Thor" next SUPER HERO to get big screen treatment
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2008, 05:57:55 PM »
I'm having a brain fart right now but Jim Quinn's old training partner from Gladiators is by far the best candidate if he can act.  Billy ......insert last name here???  Thunder from AG in the old days.  Someone help me out here :-\

Billy Smith BIG dude made Jim Quinn look small and that ain't no easy task

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2008, 06:20:13 PM »
Then you are an out of touch comic guy.  The six Spiderman and X-Men films were considered very successful adaptations.

Movies that come from comic books are adapted to the big screen; by definition this requires changes.  Film is a very different medium from comics and what works in the comics will not always work on screen.  From make up, to costumes, to storylines and other elements no movie can be a true representation of any comic book.  Filmmakers understand this to a degree that fans and audiences never will…  For example, a filmmakers are constricted by things like budgets and that is something comic guys like you never think about.

Daredevil and Elektra were examples of poor adaptations but Spiderman and X-Men were winners.
ive been reading comics since age 3
trust me...
spiderman especially 3 sucked.... it was like a chick flick
full of embellishment and inaccuracy
ie venoms origin.. sand man
those movies were great for people who dont read or arent as you would put it comic geeks...
all xmen movies sucked...
end of
take it from a guy who's been reading comics for 20 + years
trust me on this
choice is an illusion

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2008, 06:23:16 PM »
ive been reading comics since age 3
trust me...
spiderman especially 3 sucked.... it was like a chick flick
full of embellishment and inaccuracy
ie venoms origin.. sand man
those movies were great for people who dont read or arent as you would put it comic geeks...
all xmen movies sucked...
end of
take it from a guy who's been reading comics for 20 + years
trust me on this

I agree Spiderman 3 sucked same as part 2 and the guy from that 70s show as Venom  ::)

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2008, 09:28:21 PM »
green hulk -the one you know, strongest one there is - has no limit. in world war hulk he was angrier than ever, and basically beat every single marvel character (except thor who was dead)

red hulk - noone knows who he is yet (but he is not the banner/green hulk), but he seems stronger than green hulk at base level, and killed the abomination. he beat thor, and hulk seperately, but both came back and in the end hulk was too strong as he got madder and ko'd him.

thor and hulk have always been the big hitters (2 strongest). thor is weaker than hulk strength wise, but controls the hammer and lightening, hulk is strongest one there is bar none, and marvel will never allow one to beat the other for fear of fan backlash.

but we all know hulk would kick thors ass  ;D

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »
Suposedly Thor is due for a crossover cameo in Iron Man II in 2010. Jon Forveu has been hinting he's not too keen on the idea. 

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
Suposedly Thor is due for a crossover cameo in Iron Man II in 2010. Jon Forveu has been hinting he's not too keen on the idea. 

Thor tore Ironman apart and made him walk home minus his armor during the aftermath of the Civilwar.
Had to be the most satisfying owning of Stark to date

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2008, 12:12:08 AM »
Hulk needs to bring up his chest.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2008, 09:11:33 AM »
I agree Spiderman 3 sucked same as part 2 and the guy from that 70s show as Venom  ::)
I dont know what they were thinking... there
eddie brock is a buff lifter not some scrawney kid...
stuff like that really piss me off i man why did the directer cast that kid as eddie brock... makes no sense..
he is nothing like the comic book eddie brock.
 ???
choice is an illusion

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 09:23:46 AM »
I dont know what they were thinking... there
eddie brock is a buff lifter not some scrawney kid...
stuff like that really piss me off i man why did the directer cast that kid as eddie brock... makes no sense..
he is nothing like the comic book eddie brock.
 ???

I actually thought Topher Grace would have made a better Spider Man than Maguire.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
175lbs by 31st July

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2008, 05:20:31 AM »

Thanks ND!  Smith.....so damn common it made it hard to remember :(

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2008, 06:22:06 AM »
how about the guy from the program?  is he still alive?
Deep Tissue Massage

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2008, 06:28:19 AM »
how about the guy from the program?  is he still alive?

yeah..he played leaterface in the last TCSM

Teh Ronnie = Thizor

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2008, 08:36:28 AM »
they got the hulk totally wrong in the most recent film, although it was a better film that the first hulk movie.

for example, he didn't get bigger as he got angrier, he didn't have super fast healing ability, he didn't really rage, he didn't appear to get stronger when he was angrier either, and my biggest problem was with his build, he was over developed physically in places and under developed in others.

ang lee's hulk captured the hulk much much better, he got bigger/stronger as he got angrier, he had ealing ability, he had a great temper/rage, and had a better developed body.  8)
175lbs by 31st July

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2008, 08:55:51 AM »
for example, he didn't get bigger as he got angrier, he didn't have super fast healing ability, he didn't really rage, he didn't appear to get stronger when he was angrier either, and my biggest problem was with his build, he was over developed physically in places and under developed in others.
Agreed.

Physically, Norton's Hulk reminded me of the Peter David/Dale Keown Hulk.  It was like Smart Hulk, minus the "smart".  No growth with rage, no super healing etc...

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2008, 08:57:57 AM »
Actually, Smart Hulk DID have super-healing, they just didn't show it to us that often.  I only really remember once when somebody flayed his skin off and he regenerated.  Can't remember who it was, though...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2008, 09:09:16 AM »
You are both wrong.

The Abomination is even stronger than the Hulk.  With the same rage gene that increases his strength.

The Hulk has failed to even stop Juggernaut before in physical strength.  Although it can be assumed that it was mostly due to Juggernauts mystical force field.

The Silver Surfer possesses more sheer strength than Hulk, although that is attributed to his Cosmic Power enhancement.

The Sentry possess the power of a million exploding suns.  he is simply the most powerful being in Marvel Universe.  Of course, not taking into consideration the  Celestial (sp?) beings and their counterparts like Korvac and Beyonder.
No mention of Onslaught? He is the one that beat hulk, and the whole Marvel universe, rendering the Marvel U to be rewritten.

And do you remember Hulk has beaten Thor, he actually picked up Thor's hammer, which it was said that nobody could do. And It was Deadpool, that actually made Hulk bleed...

enough of my Comicbook geekdom has shown...I'm off to read Alraune (ya'll don't know what book that is...) 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2008, 09:21:34 AM »

Billy was the man. :)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2008, 09:44:01 AM »
No mention of Onslaught? He is the one that beat hulk, and the whole Marvel universe, rendering the Marvel U to be rewritten.

And do you remember Hulk has beaten Thor, he actually picked up Thor's hammer, which it was said that nobody could do. And It was Deadpool, that actually made Hulk bleed...

enough of my Comicbook geekdom has shown...I'm off to read Alraune (ya'll don't know what book that is...) 

Actually I believe that Captain America was the only character to ever pick up Thor's Hammer.....it really has nothing to do with strength so much as it has to do with who is worthy.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2008, 09:45:29 AM »
Agreed.

Physically, Norton's Hulk reminded me of the Peter David/Dale Keown Hulk.  It was like Smart Hulk, minus the "smart".  No growth with rage, no super healing etc...
that was vector from the u-foes
choice is an illusion

FLEX N FREAK

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2008, 09:46:59 AM »
how bout Gunter S. 8)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2008, 09:50:53 AM »
Actually I believe that Captain America was the only character to ever pick up Thor's Hammer.....it really has nothing to do with strength so much as it has to do with who is worthy.

When did that happen?  It was established long ago that no normal mortal could ever pick up Mjolnir based on physical strength (the hammer was too heavy) whether he was worthy or not.

Beta Ray Bill proved worthy of picking up Thor's hammer and claiming the power of Thor!  Anyone else remember that great story line?  Eventually, Odin ordered the creation of a new hammer specifically for Beta Ray Bill so that Thor could have Mjolnir back.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Ray_Bill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjolnir_(Marvel_Comics)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2008, 10:49:35 AM »
When did that happen?  It was established long ago that no normal mortal could ever pick up Mjolnir based on physical strength (the hammer was too heavy) whether he was worthy or not.

Beta Ray Bill proved worthy of picking up Thor's hammer and claiming the power of Thor!  Anyone else remember that great story line?  Eventually, Odin ordered the creation of a new hammer specifically for Beta Ray Bill so that Thor could have Mjolnir back.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Ray_Bill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjolnir_(Marvel_Comics)

This happened while John Walker was temporarily Captain America, and Steve Rogers (the Captain America we know since the 40's) was under an alias as "The Captain."  He would later assume the identitiy of Captain America again.  Here's Steve Rogers lifting Mjolnir:

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »
This happened while John Walker was temporarily Captain America, and Steve Rogers (the Captain America we know since the 40's) was under an alias as "The Captain."  He would later assume the identitiy of Captain America again.  Here's Steve Rogers lifting Mjolnir:

Remember the other Thor replacement - later known as thunderstrike