Author Topic: Should I get a X-Box 360 or a PS3?  (Read 20551 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Should I get a X-Box 360 or a PS3?
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2010, 05:17:22 PM »
Oh please, the 360 is a multimedia platform just like the PS3.  You can stream movies through netflix or do it from your computer.  You can also stream music.  It will play DVDs just fine, Blu-Ray is over rated and will be obsolete in the next few years.  It will be digital all the way for everything, including games.  The new Jasper drives don't RROD, so if you are buying one now that's bad on you because it is a known issue and you as a consumer should be doing your homework and looking at the box before you purchase it. 

You guys bragging about your modded consoles...if you do then that is your choice and by all means go ahead and do it.  Thing is if you play online you can and will probably be caught and will have your xbox banned from xbox live.  If you do it again they can ban your ip address.  It can and does happen. 

Crappy battery operated controller?  Heavier?  Sure, but it's more robust.  That, and the PS3 controller is battery operated too! 

I prefer the 360, in my opinion it is a much better platform that will be here for a while as there are so many things that are being added to extend this console's life span.  The PS3 doesn't suck, but the 360 is well rounded. 

Hahahahaha...OMFG,  sure it will be obsolete in 10 years just like VHS disappeared  when DVD's took over the market, but for NOW it is the current standard and is the best... at least much better then the shitty HD-DVD Xbox was offering which ended up getting dropped by the movie studios that initially supported it, while Blu Ray looks crisp, amazing and is going strong.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2010, 06:12:23 PM »
how so?

it's less than $100 and it's better than the wii according to ign

also if having to pay more is an issue with you, why pay for xbox live when psn is free?

at the end of the day 360 is more expensive with all the accessories

E

Money's not a problem.  I just think it's gimmicky, and the games that they previewed on it look like crap.

Like I said, I own both consoles.  I'm not coming at this from any fanboy angle like some are here.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »
I think Dumpling's point is that everything is pointing towards DLC, and that's why blu-ray won't be around as long.

Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
a consumer shouldn't have to look at a box to know if they are getting a faulty product or not, it shouldn't be faulty period

yeah blu ray will eventually be obsolete, but it is the king for now just like vhs and dvd were during their time, 360 still will be using the already obsolete hd hvd

what does the 360 have that makes it more well rounded?  again it has no blu ray :D

unless you're a FPS fanatic, i don't see how the 360 has better games and the fps for ps3 aren't too shabby

i want that alan wake game for 360 but the more i see it the more it looks like a silent hill ripoff

E

have you tried MAG yet?

250 in one game  :o

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2010, 06:37:49 PM »
I think Dumpling's point is that everything is pointing towards DLC, and that's why blu-ray won't be around as long.

::) ::)
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »
Money's not a problem.  I just think it's gimmicky, and the games that they previewed on it look like crap.

Like I said, I own both consoles.  I'm not coming at this from any fanboy angle like some are here.

no offense but i think you are somewhat of a fanboy ;D

you were saying the console "war" was basically over back in 2008, which was what 1 - 2 years into the ps3's existence?

sony has a history of starting out slow, what were the great launch titles for ps2?  heck i remember people actually saying the dreamcast was better due to the lousy launch titles

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2010, 02:20:51 PM »
have you tried MAG yet?

250 in one game  :o

no i haven't, the reviews didn't look that good i typically don't bother with games that get less than an 8.0 on ign

250 pts?

E
E

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2010, 02:48:39 PM »
250 players in one game

here is ign's video review

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2010, 02:56:07 PM »
7.0 is too low, maybe i'll consider it when it drops to about $20

E
E

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2010, 09:21:19 AM »
Hahahahaha...OMFG,  sure it will be obsolete in 10 years just like VHS disappeared  when DVD's took over the market, but for NOW it is the current standard and is the best... at least much better then the shitty HD-DVD Xbox was offering which ended up getting dropped by the movie studios that initially supported it, while Blu Ray looks crisp, amazing and is going strong.

Again, waste of money as it will be obsolete.  VHS to DVD is a bad example because technology moves at a much faster pace now.  We are already seeing that with both Netflix and Zune on the 360, and you are able to stream your movies from your PC.  My statement wasn't about the quality of Blu Ray, it was talking about the future of consoles being multi-media platforms as that is obviously the direction developers are heading. 

Earl...a product should not have problems with it.  The thing is though is that the RROD is now a very well know problem.  While you may not like it, it is your responsiblity as a consumer to research the product to make sure you know what you are buying.  The 360 is a better, more well rounded system as it has all of the qualifications that a consumer is looking for.  To say that it isn't just because it doesn't have a Blu Ray player is crazy.

The 360's online is better, it has different multimedia aspents(Zune and Netflix), streaming, better game content with demos, arcade titles, etc.  It is my opinion that the 360 is #1 and will be for a while.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »
first of all who uses their console to download movies, don't you have a computer for that?  my laptop can download faster than any console and i don't have to pay a cent 8)   why is anybody using a console to download movies?

it should not be a consumer's responsibility to check a box to make sure they aren't buying a product that is basically gauranteed to break down, if the product is low quality microsoft shouldn't put it in stores or at least sell it for a cheaper price, microsoft doesn't care about it's customers :)

if ps3 had the same failure rate i don't think you would be using the "check the box" excuse

all 360 fanboys have the same answer to why 360 is "better" they mention online, is it because more people are online with the 360?  that will change as the ps3 sales increase

how are the demos better?  who buys a system for demos and streaming? don't you buy a system for games? ???  if you're going to pay $50 a year for online it should be better by miles, but it isn't

i just don't see how the 360 is better today, i think people don't want to admit it because they jumped the gun and bought a 360 a few years ago when the ps3 had no games and had a steep price, they didn't wait things out like me 8)

aside from mass effect i don't see quality exclusives like uncharted, god of war, heavy rain, yakuza, mlb the show, metal gear solid on 360

all i see is a bunch of exclusive fps games and ps3 has their own too, and all of 360's "exclusives" can be played on a computer

E
E

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »
grown men arguing over game systems is probably the single most nerdy thing to do...not that I havent done it..just sayin... :D
DAWG

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2010, 02:08:16 PM »
7.0 is too low, maybe i'll consider it when it drops to about $20

E

lol, you wont try a game unless it gets ign's blessing?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2010, 02:10:15 PM »
???

I've been out of the console world for a while because of school.  I've seen some games I want to play lately e.g. New Fable, GTA 4, Gears of War 2.  X-Box 360 seems to be more popular and have more games but PS3 seems to be more powerful and have better graphics.  In addition it has the Blue-Ray DVD player.  I'm not getting a Wii cause I don't like the games and I don't want to exercise ;D  So which one?

P-90-X

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
grown men arguing over game systems is probably the single most nerdy thing to do...not that I havent done it..just sayin... :D

i would only do it on the net ;)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »
lol, you wont try a game unless it gets ign's blessing?

i'm not paying full price for a game that gets mediocre reviews, there's about 10 - 15 games in stores that interest me more

E
E

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »
Again, waste of money as it will be obsolete.  VHS to DVD is a bad example because technology moves at a much faster pace now.  We are already seeing that with both Netflix and Zune on the 360, and you are able to stream your movies from your PC.  My statement wasn't about the quality of Blu Ray, it was talking about the future of consoles being multi-media platforms as that is obviously the direction developers are heading. 

Earl...a product should not have problems with it.  The thing is though is that the RROD is now a very well know problem.  While you may not like it, it is your responsiblity as a consumer to research the product to make sure you know what you are buying.  The 360 is a better, more well rounded system as it has all of the qualifications that a consumer is looking for.  To say that it isn't just because it doesn't have a Blu Ray player is crazy.

The 360's online is better, it has different multimedia aspents(Zune and Netflix), streaming, better game content with demos, arcade titles, etc.  It is my opinion that the 360 is #1 and will be for a while.

No way dude! not even close!!! ps3 online kills xbox live AND IT'S FREE!!!!! same things u get, free demos, skins, themes, portal to other sites (youtube, facebook, twittter, yahoo, google, etc.)

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2010, 10:33:50 AM »
first of all who uses their console to download movies, don't you have a computer for that?  my laptop can download faster than any console and i don't have to pay a cent 8)   why is anybody using a console to download movies?

it should not be a consumer's responsibility to check a box to make sure they aren't buying a product that is basically gauranteed to break down, if the product is low quality microsoft shouldn't put it in stores or at least sell it for a cheaper price, microsoft doesn't care about it's customers :)

if ps3 had the same failure rate i don't think you would be using the "check the box" excuse

all 360 fanboys have the same answer to why 360 is "better" they mention online, is it because more people are online with the 360?  that will change as the ps3 sales increase

how are the demos better?  who buys a system for demos and streaming? don't you buy a system for games? ???  if you're going to pay $50 a year for online it should be better by miles, but it isn't

i just don't see how the 360 is better today, i think people don't want to admit it because they jumped the gun and bought a 360 a few years ago when the ps3 had no games and had a steep price, they didn't wait things out like me 8)

aside from mass effect i don't see quality exclusives like uncharted, god of war, heavy rain, yakuza, mlb the show, metal gear solid on 360

all i see is a bunch of exclusive fps games and ps3 has their own too, and all of 360's "exclusives" can be played on a computer

E

You don't download movies you stream them...big difference. 

Captain...again, I said my opinion.  PS3 has it's problems too. 

My demo comment was towards all of the gaming aspects of the game marketplace that the 360 has with the arcade titles, indy games, etc.  It's pretty cool that microsoft does that.  Along with game trailers, strategy videos, etc.  It's a whole list of things for games that the 360 does which I enjoy more. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2010, 07:16:15 PM »
this link says PSN is better than xbox live 8)

http://gamerlore.com/2008/07/02/psn-vs-xbox-live/

E
E