Author Topic: Should I get a X-Box 360 or a PS3?  (Read 20552 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: Should I get a X-Box 360 or a PS3?
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 01:43:21 PM »
Yup.  GTA4 is the same three prior games with better graphics and equally crappy control.  I would only suggest it for those who hadn't played the prior versions.

My friends like Fable II so far, but it's not a game I'll pick up.  After Gears, I'll probably grab Left 4 Dead, since that game brings back true 4 player co-op.

So far Fable 2 is bad ass. Left 4 dead is going to be great. If you dont work as a team then you won't beat the game from what I hear?

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2008, 03:04:57 AM »
Yup.  GTA4 is the same three prior games with better graphics and equally crappy control.  I would only suggest it for those who hadn't played the prior versions.

My friends like Fable II so far, but it's not a game I'll pick up.  After Gears, I'll probably grab Left 4 Dead, since that game brings back true 4 player co-op.

I really liked GTA4, but you should pick-up Saint's Row 2. The graphics aren't as good, and not as realistic as GTA4, but the game is a lot of fun. I got it on the PS3, but I also have a 360. Bully is a really fun game on that system. It's even worh playing the ps2 version, if you only have a PS3. But the 360 Scholorship edition has hi-def graphics and added missions.

For 2006 and 2007, almost all the sport games ran much smoother on the 360. But now they are identical, and since I like the controller better, I buy almost everything on the PS3. The dual-shock3 controller is much better than the 6-axis one with the launch PS3's.

You made the right choice Wiggs. If you have a 1080p tv, blue-ray is incredible. I am not into 1st person shooters either. You might want to check out Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank, both great games. And also Heavenly Sword, very short, but a lot of fun. More of a rental, but you could find all of these games used for cheap by now.

But get Saint's Row 2, it's a blast !     

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2008, 04:08:13 AM »
Left 4 dead is going to be great. If you dont work as a team then you won't beat the game from what I hear?

That's what I'm hearing.  Nobody can go freelance.  Could be great.  Plus, it's made by a great developer.
Y

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2008, 11:33:18 AM »
I got both now, PS3 and x-box 360.

Recent game i bought:

Fallout 3 was good (9.0 out of 10 IMO), Dead space is good too. (8.0 out of 10)

Only a few more days for "Left 4 Dead"   ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »
I got both now, PS3 and x-box 360.

Recent game i bought:

Fallout 3 was good (9.0 out of 10 IMO), Dead space is good too. (8.0 out of 10)

Only a few more days for "Left 4 Dead"   ;D

Yes.

I have to hurry up and finish GoW2.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2008, 07:14:17 AM »
Sony getting destroyed:

Y

bRIZZAd

• Getbig II
  • I am... Bradman.
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »
I'm impressed with Microsoft's investment into Xbox.  It's taken 3 years for the '360 to reach the console distribution of the original Xbox (25 million) console.

Microsoft is investing more $ into Xbox as an Entertainment platform with their "New Xbox Experience" set to release tomorrow (Nov. 19).  NetFlix integration for streaming movies, Avatars akin to Nintendo's "Mii" characters, and plenty more new features.

Check it out: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/nxe/

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2008, 02:37:57 PM »
I'm impressed with Microsoft's investment into Xbox.  It's taken 3 years for the '360 to reach the console distribution of the original Xbox (25 million) console.

Microsoft is investing more $ into Xbox as an Entertainment platform with their "New Xbox Experience" set to release tomorrow (Nov. 19).  NetFlix integration for streaming movies, Avatars akin to Nintendo's "Mii" characters, and plenty more new features.

Check it out: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/nxe/

Yes, people I know got in on the beta version and they love it.  At first thought, it appeared to be just a Wii ripoff, but it's apparently not the case at all.

Another way the XBox destroys the PS3.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »
so what does everybody think today?

which system is best?

E
E

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »

which system is best?

E

I bought an xbox and have been really happy with my purchase. Not seen the ps3 in action but hear it's getting better games than ever before.
O

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2010, 07:24:45 PM »
I bought an xbox and have been really happy with my purchase. Not seen the ps3 in action but hear it's getting better games than ever before.

is it still noisy?

ps3 has god of war 3, that game alone might sway me to get ps3

E
E

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »
is it still noisy?

ps3 has god of war 3, that game alone might sway me to get ps3

E

Yes, incredibly noisy when playing games... I just turn up the tv volume.
O

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2010, 09:48:08 PM »
On my 3rd xbox. Keep getting red rings of shit. Great games but what a hassle.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 06:50:19 AM »
On my 3rd xbox. Keep getting red rings of shit. Great games but what a hassle.

The ones with the new jasper drives aren't supposed to do that.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2010, 07:06:11 AM »

which system is best?

E

It depends on your preferences.  I don't think Sony's online gaming can touch XBox Live, I prefer the controller, and the exclusive content that the 360 has.  XBox also streams Netflix better than the PS3.

But, if you're not into online as much, there's plenty of decent games for the PS3, and it's also a great blu-ray player.
Y

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2010, 04:02:07 PM »
The ones with the new jasper drives aren't supposed to do that.

Thats what I hear but they only replace consoles with the same version of the one you originally bought. They know the older one craps out regularly but instead of doing the right thing and replacing it with a newer model they just keep sending out the one with the smaller cooling tray.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
Thats what I hear but they only replace consoles with the same version of the one you originally bought. They know the older one craps out regularly but instead of doing the right thing and replacing it with a newer model they just keep sending out the one with the smaller cooling tray.

I hear you.  I still have the original model with no hdmi port.  I've had two RRoD, and now I get random "disc is unreadable errors".  I actually have to do the old Atari 2600 "blow air in the tray" thing then it works.

What it really means is that my Xbox may crap out again.  I've been lazy and haven't checked if that error is covered under our extended warranty that we got from the RRoDs.

I'm probably going to package my Xbox, an extra controller, 3 mths of Live, and an unopened Sony BDP-BX2 blu ray player for about 250-275 and just use the cash to buy an Elite.

The only reason I haven't done it yet is because of the potential error.   I want to make sure it gets fixed so I don't give anyone a crappy deal.

Y

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2010, 04:21:31 AM »
xbox 360 vs Ps3...

hum i'm a fan of FPS so my choice goes to xbox360.0

fallout
gow1-2
dead rising
bioshock
huxley
borderland
gta
left 4 dead
st row
etc etc...

coming soon a real interesing "alan wake",
asstropin

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »
I hear you.  I still have the original model with no hdmi port.  I've had two RRoD, and now I get random "disc is unreadable errors".  I actually have to do the old Atari 2600 "blow air in the tray" thing then it works.

What it really means is that my Xbox may crap out again.  I've been lazy and haven't checked if that error is covered under our extended warranty that we got from the RRoDs.

I'm probably going to package my Xbox, an extra controller, 3 mths of Live, and an unopened Sony BDP-BX2 blu ray player for about 250-275 and just use the cash to buy an Elite.

The only reason I haven't done it yet is because of the potential error.   I want to make sure it gets fixed so I don't give anyone a crappy deal.

No, the disc player is not covered under the extended warranty, only te E 74/E75 error messaages are.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2010, 03:52:16 PM »
i think i'm going with the ps3

blu ray player
gaming library is growing and looks more impressive for the future
no red ring of death
free online, i don't see how the 360's is that much better
all of 360's exclusives can be played on your computer
god of war 3, i must own this game

sony started out behind, but looks like it will finish first in the end :)

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2010, 06:09:23 PM »
i think i'm going with the ps3

blu ray player
gaming library is growing and looks more impressive for the future
no red ring of death
free online, i don't see how the 360's is that much better
all of 360's exclusives can be played on your computer
god of war 3, i must own this game

sony started out behind, but looks like it will finish first in the end :)

E

The only problem that i have with my X-BOX 360 Elite is that it is loud as hell. I like my PS3 much more.  8)
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2010, 06:33:11 PM »
The only problem that i have with my X-BOX 360 Elite is that it is loud as hell. I like my PS3 much more.  8)

yes that's another flaw i forgot about

why do you like ps3 more?

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »
yes that's another flaw i forgot about

why do you like ps3 more?

E

All of the above that you mentioned. The Elite is supposed to not get the Red Rings of death but my two buddies have already went out within a month. WTF?  >:( PS3 can also play PS1 and PS2 games and i still enjoy playing the original Resident Evil.  8) A Sony Blu-Ray player runs $300 and why not go ahead and get a PS3 which also plays games and has free internet play and you do not have to pay $70 for the X-BOX ear Piece or where that ridiculous one that makes me feel like i am selling people shit on the phone.  >:( My Blu Tooth works for free on the PS3 and i save $70 once again.  8) Sony did start off slow but Microsoft pushed out the X-BOX 360 too fast and is a inferior system. Just look at the two systems and look how shitty that the X-BOX 360 is.  >:(
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2010, 07:08:44 PM »
i am a huge resident evil fan too, does the new ps3 slim play ps1 and ps2 games?

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 07:10:44 PM »
i am a huge resident evil fan too, does the new ps3 slim play ps1 and ps2 games?

E

I am sure that it does. The slim one is supposed to be even better then the Original PS3'S that came out. I would check out a Gamestop or one of "Those" people who know all about gaming systems. 
D