Author Topic: BETs Top 10 rappers of the 21st Century...  (Read 20505 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
BETs Top 10 rappers of the 21st Century...
« on: October 18, 2010, 11:48:03 AM »
I don't watch BET often but on MSN there was an article about a show last week...All I cared about was that Em was #1....And he was....I could care less about the rest...

Tupac 1A. Em, 1B. for best all time IMO

The Top 10

# 1 Eminem
Selling more records than anyone on the list, Eminem is not only praised for his commercial success, but is highly respected by his peers for his skill.

# 2 Lil Wayne
Lil' Wayne is a rock star. The Young Money Millionaire has shown the most growth in the 21st century.

# 3 Kanye West
The highly successful rapper/producer Kanye West is more than just a rapper. But the level of his rap game has been elevated since his debut.

# 4 50 Cent
In less than 10 years, 50 Cent has released four albums, three of which have gone platinum (or in some cases, multi-platinum). This controversial rapper has consistently put out hits.

# 5 T.I.
ATL-native T.I. may be controversial in his actions, but when it comes to rap, this MC has got the South on lock

# 6 Ludacris
It's hard to talk about the 21st century without mentioning Ludacris. The Atlanta-based rapper is arguably one of the most consistent when it comes to the quality of his music.

# 7 Drake
Aubrey "Drake" Graham has managed to win over the hearts of hip hop fans this past year. After releasing his debut album, "Thank Me Later," Drake has shown that he is the one to watch

# 8 Young Jeezy
Young Jeezy bumps in every whip, from the North to the South. This Southern MC is respected for his hardcore delivery and thug narratives.

# 9 Jadakiss
Jadakiss has always been praised for his complex rhymes and the meaning behind his words.

# 10 Officer Rick Ross
Rick Ross bossed up the game in the 21st century. He is one of the few rappers to survive a 50 Cent rivalry by continuing to put out quality music

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: BETs Top 10 rappers of the 21st Century...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:49:23 AM »
I don't watch BET often but on MSN there was an article about a show last week...All I cared about was that Em was #1....And he was....I could care less about the rest...

The Top 10

# 1 Eminem
Selling more records than anyone on the list, Eminem is not only praised for his commercial success, but is highly respected by his peers for his skill.

# 2 Kanye West
The highly successful rapper/producer Kanye West is more than just a rapper. But the level of his rap game has been elevated since his debut.

the only two that belonged on the list

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
kanye is great also and though he raps I consider him more pop than anything...still fucking incredible...
How the fuck JayZ isn't on that list is beyond me...I'm sure that chapped his ass.

The only reason Drake is on there is because he's black and jew...he's fucking garbage and doesn't belong on the list period...
I hate southern rap but T.I is cool in my book.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 11:58:12 AM »

The Top 10

# 1 Eminem

# 2 Lil Wayne
Lil' Wayne is a rock star. The Young Money Millionaire has shown the most growth in the 21st century.

# 3 Kanye West

# 4 50 Cent
In less than 10 years, 50 Cent has released four albums, three of which have gone platinum (or in some cases, multi-platinum). This controversial rapper has consistently put out hits.

# 5 T.I.
ATL-native T.I. may be controversial in his actions, but when it comes to rap, this MC has got the South on lock

# 6 Ludacris
It's hard to talk about the 21st century without mentioning Ludacris. The Atlanta-based rapper is arguably one of the most consistent when it comes to the quality of his music.

# 7 Drake
Aubrey "Drake" Graham has managed to win over the hearts of hip hop fans this past year. After releasing his debut album, "Thank Me Later," Drake has shown that he is the one to watch

# 8 Young Jeezy
Young Jeezy bumps in every whip, from the North to the South. This Southern MC is respected for his hardcore delivery and thug narratives.

# 9 Jadakiss
Jadakiss has always been praised for his complex rhymes and the meaning behind his words.

# 10 Officer Rick Ross
Rick Ross bossed up the game in the 21st century. He is one of the few rappers to survive a 50 Cent rivalry by continuing to put out quality music

Where is Snoop Doggy Dog???

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »
Where is Snoop Doggy Dog???

Where is Jon Lajoie???

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »
Haha. What is the one category I don't want to see come up when I'm on Jeopardy, Alex?    :D

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 12:14:04 PM »
What a shit list. I need say no more.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »
What a shit list. I need say no more.
based on record sales, no doubt

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »
record sales or not Em is still the best...

I seriously doubt there's anyone on the planet that could beat him in freestyle or battle rapping...Alot of the guys on the last can't freestyle for shit or battlerap...If you can't do these very well you shouldn't be considered as one of the best because it test your creativity to think on your feet...Em is king of that.  In addition the way he rhymes unlike many others his use of assonance is fucking sick and he can change his flow on a dime...he's just fucking sick period...And to think you have to do this in a black dominated arena...mad fucking props.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 12:25:41 PM »
21st century starts from
January 1, 2001 - present

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
This freestyle is better than most albums...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 12:26:09 PM »
No wonder rap sucks ass.  

I grew up with

KRS One
Eric B & Rakim
EPMD
RUN DMC
ICE T
Public Enemy
MC Lyte
Tribe Called Quest
NWA  

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 12:28:29 PM »

Best Tupac song ever! :o
I hate the State.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 12:32:16 PM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 12:32:23 PM »
No wonder rap sucks ass.  

I grew up with

KRS One
Eric B & Rakim
EPMD
RUN DMC
ICE T
Public Enemy
MC Lyte
Tribe Called Quest
NWA  

I agree with you Mr. 3...it's much different.
The only artists worth talking about today are Em, Kanye, Jay-Z, Dre (When he comes out with that fucking DETOX >:(), Luda, T.I....50s first CD was great after that all garbage...Lil Wayne also...After that...rap sucks...I really only listen to Em, Kanye and maybe a Lil Wayne mix tape every now and then...

What I like most about complex rap is the way you can put words together are isn't traditional...Rap has become very complex  (at the top) it's not like anyone can do it and be good in 6 months...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 12:58:54 PM »
based on record sales, no doubt

If that is the case, where is Biggie? Where is LL Cool J? Vanilla Ice  ;D?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »

The Top 10

# 1 Eminem

# 2 Lil Wayne

# 3 Kanye West

# 4 50 Cent

# 5 T.I.

# 6 Ludacris

# 7 Drake

# 8 Young Jeezy

# 9 Jadakiss

# 10 Officer Rick Ross

i stop watching BET when they fired mari.  as far as rap...where is cuban linik? btw...what about all the old school greats?  like him or not jay z got a better body of work than  90% of that list.  Fuck the negros that run BET! sorry...it's jews now.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 01:01:22 PM »
you guys don't know shit

only good ones there?

eminem and luda

drake is a homo so is kanye

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 01:02:58 PM »
forgot jada
good too

but ricky ross hahahahahhahaha

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 01:03:59 PM »
you guys don't know shit

only good ones there?

eminem and luda

drake is a homo so is kanye

So if they're homos that automatically dqs them from being talented? ::)

You sure put a lot of thought into that didn't you?

That's like saying if you're white you can't be a good rapper....Eminem

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 01:04:53 PM »
btw where's jay z?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 01:06:36 PM »

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 01:06:47 PM »
So if they're homos that automatically dqs them from being talented? ::)

You sure put a lot of thought into that didn't you?

drake is talentfree i would say

kanye is a very good producer but shitty rapper