Author Topic: PS3 or XBOX360.  (Read 10864 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: PS3 or XBOX360.
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2011, 01:44:22 PM »
Cool.

Check www.slickdeals.net daily.  There's usually a 360 deal that pops up where you can get it with an Amazon $50 credit or something like it.

EDIT:  Just checked it and one just arrived.  $300 for a 4gb with Kinnect AND you get a $100 gift card to gohastings.com which you could use to buy a bigger hard drive or anything else.  Best deal I've seen to date -$100 gift card is huge.

http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=storead

I would suggest also looking online for an XBox Live! membership, since they can be had for 30-40.  Also, never pay more than $35 for a controller.

Good luck!

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BUYING THE 4GB model (instead of the 250GB), some game functions will not work with the 4GB model!  Not a huge deal really, but just be aware of it!

Example:  I initally bought the 4GB model, with the Kinect.  I could play the Halo Reach campaign alone just fine, even played online against my buddies in multi-player mode, but when I came to play the campaign ONLINE with my friends, it would not work....  I went and I bought a 250GB hard drive (for 130 dollars), and when I installed it, everything worked just fine!

Its really not a big deal but I was not aware of it and was pissed when I learned about it later!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
btw, the god of war collection (the remastered version of 1 and 2 as well as GOW3) and Uncharted are worth the ps3

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »
go with ps3, the only reason more people have 360 is because it came out a year earlier and was cheaper

free online while 360 is $60 a year

blu ray player

better exclusive games and it will only get better, the only big exclusive 360 has coming is gears of war 3 (i hate those games), halo is basically done and i never liked those games either

ps3 has uncharted 3, infamous 2, last guardian, twisted metal, resistance 3 coming at the end of the year and the mass effect series is now on ps3 too

E

Knew this was going to happen when you saw this thread.....

Nobody pays $60 for Live.  It's routinely available for $40 and sometimes $30.  Even if you did pay $60, it's a whopping $5 bucks a month, and well worth it.

PS3 is free and you get what you pay for.   XBox Live destroys it, has a fraction of the problems, more gamers, a gets much more downloadable content sooner, and great games have not been ruined by the hacker community.

The rest of your post is just listing games you like, which we said earlier is all subjective.  You list games that you hated that outsold almost all the ones you liked.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BUYING THE 4GB model (instead of the 250GB), some game functions will not work with the 4GB model!  Not a huge deal really, but just be aware of it!

Example:  I initally bought the 4GB model, with the Kinect.  I could play the Halo Reach campaign alone just fine, even played online against my buddies in multi-player mode, but when I came to play the campaign ONLINE with my friends, it would not work....  I went and I bought a 250GB hard drive (for 130 dollars), and when I installed it, everything worked just fine!

Its really not a big deal but I was not aware of it and was pissed when I learned about it later!

Good call.  The $100 gift card could go towards that purchase, then he'd basically get a 250GB 360slim w/kinnect and kinnect adventures for $300.  Great deal.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »
Dont listen to grape, he has 2 360's and recently sold his ps3  ;D

He makes good points.

If youre a casual gamer, the free online for ps3 is nice but 360 has so many titles..and neat online feaures.

I played the exclusives for both and i gotta say ps3 wins that battle. (subjective)

mlb the show, uncharted series, demons souls and on.

And the best online multiplayer game ever..bfbc2 plays so much smoother on the ps3.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
Good call.  The $100 gift card could go towards that purchase, then he'd basically get a 250GB 360slim w/kinnect and kinnect adventures for $300.  Great deal.

Yep yep!!!  Good post right there!

LOL, I like to think I paid $30 more dollars and now have an extra 4GB along with my 250GB xbox :-D lol

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2011, 01:59:45 PM »
Knew this was going to happen when you saw this thread.....

Nobody pays $60 for Live.  It's routinely available for $40 and sometimes $30.  Even if you did pay $60, it's a whopping $5 bucks a month, and well worth it.

PS3 is free and you get what you pay for.   XBox Live destroys it, has a fraction of the problems, more gamers, a gets much more downloadable content sooner, and great games have not been ruined by the hacker community.

The rest of your post is just listing games you like, which we said earlier is all subjective.  You list games that you hated that outsold almost all the ones you liked.

yes you know i bring the goods :)

i don't see how it is "so much better", i have never had a problem with psn, though it does seem games download faster on live, the mortal kombat demo is on psn but not live

since when do sales mean the game is better?  wouldn't you say that gears is marketed better than a game like uncharted?  i've never seen a commercial promoting uncharted

360's best days are behind it, they will focus on the kinect until their next console

ps3 is just getting better and the game releases for this year is far superior, that is not subjective

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »
Dont listen to grape, he has 2 360's and recently sold his ps3  ;D

Security breach!  Security breach!   ;D

But, yes I did.  I had played through all three GoW games, and MGS4 which were all I wanted out that system.  I liked both systems, but just thought Microsoft won this round.

Y

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »
choice is an illusion

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »
Which are the best exclusive games for PS3 and XBOX360 respectively?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2011, 02:05:23 PM »

But, yes I did.  I had played through all three GoW games, and MGS4 which were all I wanted out that system.  I liked both systems, but just thought Microsoft won this round.

so you only played 4 of the games?  

you didn't play heavy rain, infamous, demon's souls, ratchet and clank series, little big planet, killzone 2 and 3, resistance series, uncharted series, heavenly sword, mlb the show

i'll take all those games over halo, gears of war, and fable

those are the only big 360 games that can't be played on ps3

E
E

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »

yes you know i bring the goods :)

i don't see how it is "so much better", i have never had a problem with psn, though it does seem games download faster on live, the mortal kombat demo is on psn but not live

since when do sales mean the game is better?  wouldn't you say that gears is marketed better than a game like uncharted?  i've never seen a commercial promoting uncharted

360's best days are behind it, they will focus on the kinect until their next console

ps3 is just getting better and the game releases for this year is far superior, that is not subjective

E

What are you talking about man?  Xbox just launched its Xbox 360 Slim not too long ago along with the Kinect and are seriously expanding their online content!!

Its best days are far from behind it!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2011, 02:07:51 PM »

Read about MW2.  One of the best MP games out there was destroyed on the PSN.  There's other examples of this.  The downloads are brutally slow, since it dowloads it first than installs when the 360 does them at the same time.

You can't voice chat on the PSN while you're playing a game and talk to others that aren't playing the same game..  There's still online games that don't even have voice support on the PSN......

Sales are the only measure we have that isn't SUBJECTIVE.  It means overall, people enjoy the game.  It means more than you saying Twisted Metal and Uncharted are good.

E

You say the best days are behind it, but they just sold 10 MILLION Kinnects, and the console is still outselling the PS3 three.

Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2011, 02:08:53 PM »

I completely forgot about mgs4.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2011, 02:09:38 PM »

On Xbox,

The Halo Series (1, 2, 3, ODST, wars, Reach)

Gears of War Series (1, 2, 3)

Alan Wake

I dunno I just got my xbox few months ago, sure others can chime in!

Actually, here you go:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2011, 02:10:41 PM »
I completely forgot about mgs4.

Yeah but the new Metal Gear Solid: Rising is coming out for Xbox first (possibly exclusively  ;) )

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »
so you only played 4 of the games?  

you didn't play heavy rain, infamous, demon's souls, ratchet and clank series, little big planet, killzone 2 and 3, resistance series, uncharted series, heavenly sword, mlb the show

i'll take all those games over halo, gears of war, and fable

those are the only big 360 games that can't be played on ps3

E

I played LBP and got bored, finish Rain (great), and didn't finish Resistance and Uncharted. .  Been there, played that.  But I understand why people like them.   I've just played to many games and am very picky.
Y

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 02:11:59 PM »
ps3
choice is an illusion

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2011, 02:12:53 PM »

360:

halo series
gears of war series
fable series
left for dead series
alan wake
mass effect 1
condemned 1 (my personal favorite)
saints row 1 (gta rip off but fun)
limbo (live game)
shadow complex (live game)

ps3:

uncharted series
infamous series
metal gear solid 4
god of war series
ratchet and clank series
heavy rain
little big planet series
resistance series
killlzone series
demon's souls
mlb the show series
heavenly sword
back to the future (psn game)
joe danger (psn game)

you can also download most of the great playstation one games for about 6 dollars

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2011, 02:13:50 PM »
What are you talking about man?  Xbox just launched its Xbox 360 Slim not too long ago along with the Kinect and are seriously expanding their online content!!

Its best days are far from behind it!

what are the great upcoming exclusive games for 360 other than gears 3?

E
E

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »
You forgot warhawk for ps3, a CLASSIC. Exclusive. (online only)

Man i miss those days.

jetpack ftw!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2011, 02:14:33 PM »
xbox vs ps3 controller

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/11/22/analysis-ps3-vs-xbox-360-controller-comparison/
winner ps3

Thanks for the random blog post.  Shall I go find one that counters it?
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2011, 02:15:38 PM »
Read about MW2.  One of the best MP games out there was destroyed on the PSN.  There's other examples of this.  The downloads are brutally slow, since it dowloads it first than installs when the 360 does them at the same time.

You can't voice chat on the PSN while you're playing a game and talk to others that aren't playing the same game..  There's still online games that don't even have voice support on the PSN......

Sales are the only measure we have that isn't SUBJECTIVE.  It means overall, people enjoy the game.  It means more than you saying Twisted Metal and Uncharted are good.

You say the best days are behind it, but they just sold 10 MILLION Kinnects, and the console is still outselling the PS3 three.

i don't care about voice chat

kinect has zero games, proof that people buy anything that is marketed well

E
E

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2011, 02:16:16 PM »

Shadow Complex for Xbox is soooooooooo addictive, love that game, simple but awesome!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »
i don't care about voice chat

kinect has zero games, proof that people buy anything that is marketed well

E

Its too early to compare Kinect to Sony Move - there are a lot of games coming out soon for the Kinect, both family oriented and ones for the hardcore gamers!!