Author Topic: crysis 2  (Read 20835 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: crysis 2
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2011, 06:03:15 PM »
Please post where you're getting this from.  I can almost guarantee if you take a same of Red Dead Redemption, CoD Black Ops and even Crysis 2 you will find this statement to be entirely incorrect.

There is no holiday season around the world.  Foreign stuff is tracked by EEDAR and it's not been the most reliable.   I really can't see how you're drawing these conclusions.

Anyway, the vast majority of hardware and software sales reported to the media are actually shipped totals, reported by each publisher and console maker, not actual sales.

The latest ranking of Marvel vs. Capcom for instance.

Also in looking at the sales we have at the company store, I see what I see.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2011, 06:21:38 PM »
Gamestop says I'm wrong about the Xbox360 in the states, but that have been overtaken in Europe by the PS3.

North America

Wii – 34.2 million units
Xbox 360 – 25.4 million units
PS3 – 15.4 million units
DS – 47.3 million units
PSP – 19 million units

Europe

Wii – 24.9 million units
PS3 – 14.7 million units
Xbox 360 – 13.7 million units
DS – 46 million units
PSP – 14.8 million units

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2011, 06:22:02 PM »
The latest ranking of Marvel vs. Capcom for instance.

Also in looking at the sales we have at the company store, I see what I see.

You've picked a niche title.  But even ignoring that, you picked the one game that is  the exception other than the Final Fantasy series.  And a big reason is because all the fighting game tournaments are played on the PS3.  But it's small potatoes and doesn't prove the theory.  Use your source to pick the biggest selling games like Black Ops and Red Dead redemption.  I already know the answer, but you should look at this stuff if you're interested.

I'll pick three games to be released:  Mass Effect 3, LA Noire, and Elder Scrolls V, all future cross platform releases.  Want to make a bet that they all sell better on the 360?  Loser has to use the avatar of the winner's choice for two months.

I hope you understand that I try to back all my claims up with factual data, and am not just spewing pro Microsoft stuff.

Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2011, 06:23:26 PM »
Gamestop says I'm wrong about the Xbox360 in the states, but that have been overtaken in Europe by the PS3.

This is what I've been saying:  360 dominates the NA market, loses slightly in Europe, and is non existant in Japan, but wins overall.

The PS3 cannot possibly catch up in NA.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2011, 07:19:55 PM »
Earl, Earl, Earl.

I wasn't aware that the Sun Herald of South Mississippi had become the definitive source for console sales within the industry.

Since you really don't know much about this stuff, I'll give you a hint - go find NPD data or something from Michael Pachter and then we'll see what really going on.

But anyway, the article mentioned that "worldwide" demand has been great for the PS3.  As stated before, this is because they are spotted a minimum of 5 million consoles from Japan alone.  The Japanese don't buy the 360, and never will.  The PS3 outsells the XBox in Europe, but the XBox still dominates the most important American market.  In theory, it should not be able to even be close, getting sales in only 2 of the three major markets.

Seriously, though,  I forgot which games you played before you sold your 360 for the PS3.  What were they again?

no no no you find me these supposed links that say the 360 has sold more, you say they exist you can post them, i posted my link

i never had a 360, why would i buy an inferior console :D

though i did play all of their exclusives like halo, gears, fable, left for dead, alan wake etc

the console war is over, sony has won AGAIN 8)

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2011, 07:20:20 PM »
This is what I've been saying:  360 dominates the NA market, loses slightly in Europe, and is non existant in Japan, but wins overall.

The PS3 cannot possibly catch up in NA.
I think it can... Remember the PS3 is much more powerful and was said to be on the shelves for 10 years before they would release the playstation 4.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »
the ps3 would've led all along if 360 wasn't released a year earlier and about $200 cheaper than the ps3

people continue to buy 360 because that is what their friends had, oh and how many rebought a console because of the rrod or they wanted a slim?

you are a fanboy "grape ape", don't deny it you said this console war was over before it truly began

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2011, 07:37:39 PM »
no no no you find me these supposed links that say the 360 has sold more, you say they exist you can post them, i posted my link

You posted a link to a blog who had a dead link to a newspaper from southern mississippi.  It didn't give any factual data, just an analysts' speculation.   NPD is the real data, and there's tons of links - look what Tu posted.  He found the real deal which refutes your post.   Completely supports what I've said.

the console war is over, sony has won AGAIN 8)

E

Only according to you, and nothing else.  I know you're just baiting me at this point.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2011, 07:41:03 PM »
the ps3 would've led all along if 360 wasn't released a year earlier and about $200 cheaper than the ps3

Of course.  Because you said it would.

people continue to buy 360 because that is what their friends had, oh and how many rebought a console because of the rrod or they wanted a slim?

The rrod was covered under warranty.  And you can apply the Slim reasoning to the PS3 as well.   I actually own one.  Sold my original, got another one.

you are a fanboy "grape ape", don't deny it you said this console war was over before it truly began

E

Now, THAT'S funny.  And I don't actually believe you don't think you're the most fanboi of all fanbois.  You really never back up any of your stuff with anything other than your opinion.   Your link was cute, though.

I don't blame you though.  You love your console, but don't have any real knowledge of the industry or the business behind it.  Which is perfectly fine.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2011, 08:54:35 PM »
still waiting for the link and your "facts"

"microsoft wins this console generation" - grape ape in 2008 ::)

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2011, 04:25:42 AM »
still waiting for the link and your "facts"

"microsoft wins this console generation" - grape ape in 2008 ::)

E

As I've told you countless times, you're free to google NPD data.  And I haven't posted a link because I just expect you to deny the source.

But since you keep bringing it up.  Here's a link to vgchartz.  You can sort it by software/hardware/date.  It backs up what I've been saying and what Tu posted the second time.    Shows cross platform sales by title where you can see the 360s advantage there.

http://www.vgchartz.com/hardware_totals.php

NPD is one of the leaded market research groups out there.  Data is difficult to find at times, but here's a link to the November 2010 holiday season:

http://www.digital-digest.com/blog/DVDGuy/2010/12/10/game-consoles-november-2010-npd-sales-figure-analysis/

Here's a highlight from that:
The figures for US sales in November 2010 are below, ranked in order of number of sales (November 2009 figures also shown, including percentage change):

Xbox 360: 1,370,000 (Total: 23.5 million; November 2009: 819,500 – up 67%)
    Wii: 1,270,000  (Total: 31.8 million; November 2009: 1,260,000 – up 1%)
    PS3: 530,000 (Total: 14.2 million; November 2009: 710,400 – down 25%)

But it’s clear that the PlayStation Move hasn’t had the same impact on the PS3 as Kinect has had on the Xbox 360, and it seems to have had no effect on Wii sales either. And with ever dropping prices on Blu-ray players, the PS3’s inclusion of Blu-ray playback is less of a drawcard than ever before.

I don't know why it is important to you that the PS3 out sell the 360.  You can still tuck it into bed at night and tell it "don't worry, you're number one to ME".
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
actually you're the one that has been saying for years that the 360 is superior, i actually believed at one point that the ps3 was inferior but i know better now

i evolved while you are stuck in 2008 and i hold you responsible for almost causing me to waste money on the 360 ;)

it doesn't matter whose link is right (your link is before the holiday season ::)), ps3 isn't far behind considering the year head start and cheaper price 360 had and ps3 will sell more in the end

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »
actually you're the one that has been saying for years that the 360 is superior, i actually believed at one point that the ps3 was inferior but i know better now  

All things considered, it is.  And your opinion is completely worthless on the subject since you haven't owned both systems.

i evolved while you are stuck in 2008 and i hold you responsible for almost causing me to waste money on the 360 ;)

it doesn't matter whose link is right (your link is before the holiday season ::)), ps3 isn't far behind considering the year head start and cheaper price 360 had and ps3 will sell more in the end

Let's see, my link's source is one of the leading market research companies, is considered the video game industry benchmark,  uses real data, and backs up everything I've said.   You stormed in with a dead link from a blog  to a southern mississippi newspaper that used an analysts' speculation and proclaimed that everything I said was wrong.   Yes, my link was up to November of last year and showed the 360's sales gaining while the PS3's were dropping.  I'm sure it all changed after that.  Just face it, you're wrong, and really don't understand the industry or the way it works.

It's almost impossible for the PS3 to catch up.   The math doesn't work at this stage of the console's life cycle.

You're really making this too easy.  Here's December 2010

The figures for US sales in December 2010 are below, ranked in order of number of sales (December 2009 figures also shown, including percentage change):

* Wii: 2,360,000  (Total: 34.2 million; December 2009: 3,810,000 – down 38%)
    * Xbox 360: 1,860,000 (Total: 25.4 million; December 2009: 1,310,000 – up 42%)
    * PS3: 1,210,000 (Total: 15.5 million; December 2009: 1,360,000 – down 11%)

You should hope I am stuck in 2008 - the 360s been kicking the living shit out of the PS3 ever since then.

Here's more:

http://www.winrumors.com/npd-xbox-360-tops-console-sales-in-february/

Market research company NPD released its latest sales figures on Thursday. Despite a temporary slip in December (due to shortages), Microsoft’s Xbox 360 console has dominated the charts for 9 months. The Xbox 360 outsold both the Wii and Sony PlayStation 3 in February with 535,000 units. The sales figures are up 27% from the same period last year. “It’s a great month for us,” Xbox spokesman David Dennis told seattlepi.com, noting that Feburary 2011 was the Xbox’s biggest ever non-holiday month

6 years into the console's life and they just had their biggest non-holiday month and even beat the Wii.  Want to keep blaming the head start?  But hey, go on believing anything you want.  Did the Ravens win the Super Bowl this year too?

Should we bet on March?
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2011, 01:20:31 PM »
i already told you i have played all of 360's exclusives, what else am i missing?  cross game chat that i have to pay for ::)

your link is before the holiday season, which was what 6 months ago?  ps3 is just coming into it's own, 360 has peaked and the only thing that can keep it ahead is that lame gimmick kinect that people bought before it even had games

there is more to this world than america where people buy things due to oprah hyping it up ::)

i guarantee ps3 will have sold more when all is said and done, that is something you will have to live with ;)

have fun with gears of bore 3, hope that keeps you busy until the next console generation hahahha ;D

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2011, 06:16:05 PM »

your link is before the holiday season
, which was what 6 months ago?  ps3 is just coming into it's own, 360 has peaked and the only thing that can keep it ahead is that lame gimmick kinect that people bought before it even had games

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong point.  I posted November 2010, DECEMBER 2010 and trailing 9 months up until February 2011.  So, really, what the fuck are you talking about?  ;D   Seriously HERE IT IS AGAIN:

http://www.winrumors.com/npd-xbox-360-tops-console-sales-in-february/

Market research company NPD released its latest sales figures on Thursday. Despite a temporary slip in December (due to shortages), Microsoft’s Xbox 360 console has dominated the charts for 9 months. The Xbox 360 outsold both the Wii and Sony PlayStation 3 in February with 535,000 units. The sales figures are up 27% from the same period last year. “It’s a great month for us,” Xbox spokesman David Dennis told seattlepi.com, noting that Feburary 2011 was the Xbox’s biggest ever non-holiday month

i guarantee ps3 will have sold more when all is said and done, that is something you will have to live with ;)

E

Levrone has a better chance of winning the Olympia than this happening.   Read it all again.  Slowly.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »
what difference does it make, you said the console war was over in 2008 so no surprise you think it's over now

you were wrong then, you will be wrong in the future, and everybody that has played both knows ps3 is better and according to this more worldwide sales 8)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/apr/05/ps3-overtakes-xbox360

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2011, 08:00:41 PM »
what difference does it make, you said the console war was over in 2008 so no surprise you think it's over now

you were wrong then, you will be wrong in the future, and everybody that has played both knows ps3 is better and according to this more worldwide sales 8)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2011/apr/05/ps3-overtakes-xbox360

E

Read your own article dipshit:

Which would appear to mean that these figures aren't based on raw sales data, they're based on some sort of algorithmic alchemy that seeks to determine how many of the consoles are being played with, and how many are gathering dust inside cupboards, or propping open annoying fire doors. That's surely the market statistical equivalent of trying to track down and quantify the Higgs boson particle, and I'm willing to bet Strategy Analytics do not have a Large Hadron Collider in their cellar. Though, of course, their maths could well be much more scrupulous than the phrase 'assumptions about device retirement' suggests.

So you keep searching for unicorns, and I'll use real data from the industry standard market research company.

So you're wrong again, and I've been right all along.  Unless you believe all the data that the industry uses to measure sales is wrong, and Earl1972 from the  Getbig message boards is actually the standard.  And, seeing how you structure an argument, I'm starting to believe you just might.
Y

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2011, 12:43:23 AM »
got rrod on my xbox but there service was fantastic, didnt have to do shit besides pack it in a box, they paid for everything even came home to me to get the xbox and deliver it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »
I think if you're a solo gamer... the PS3 is by far the best, but if you like online play, you can't beat the Xbox live service.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2011, 12:02:34 PM »
I think if you're a solo gamer... the PS3 is by far the best, but if you like online play, you can't beat the Xbox live service.

I agree with you on Live, but I just thing the other side just boils down to personal preference, and there is no wrong answer.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »
Read your own article dipshit:

So you keep searching for unicorns, and I'll use real data from the industry standard market research company.

So you're wrong again, and I've been right all along.  Unless you believe all the data that the industry uses to measure sales is wrong, and Earl1972 from the  Getbig message boards is actually the standard.  And, seeing how you structure an argument, I'm starting to believe you just might.

name calling hahaha fanboy getting angry ;D

your favorite console's days as number 1 are coming to an end very soon, how will you sleep at night?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »

i'll take the free service

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2011, 05:37:41 PM »
name calling hahaha fanboy getting angry ;D

your favorite console's days as number 1 are coming to an end very soon, how will you sleep at night?

E

I knew there could be no factual rebuttal.

How will I sleep?  Well, most likely after a little time with my 360 or my PS3.  I honestly couldn't give a shit that the 360 outsold the PS3.  I'll continue to use both of them.

Oh, and by the way, Mike Tomlin wears women's underwear.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »
i'll take the free service

E

I'll take the one where games like MW2 weren't decimated by hackers, can have cross game voice chat, where voice works in every game, and where downloads are quick and install at the same time.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2011, 06:04:06 PM »
I knew there could be no factual rebuttal.

How will I sleep?  Well, most likely after a little time with my 360 or my PS3.  I honestly couldn't give a shit that the 360 outsold the PS3.  I'll continue to use both of them.

Oh, and by the way, Mike Tomlin wears women's underwear.

yes you do care, that is why you alwaqys debate it and will tell everybody that the 360 is better, not to mention always brining up sales when claiming 360 is better

how on earth would you know what underwear another man wears? ???

E
E