Author Topic: Question for you guys? Thoughts on this  (Read 1844 times)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Question for you guys? Thoughts on this
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:20:31 AM »
Is bodybuilding and dieting a childish act?

Sounds crazy I know, but I'm responsible for 45 people in our organization, which entails managing a marketing and sales department. Being in the office and even travelling to various cities to meet with clients, and working with our global team, I always A.Eat every couple of hours B. have to have a gym near by to train at.  I have a close relationship with our CEO and VP and they think it's weird that I'm eating cottage cheese, and tuna all the time.
Do you guys think this is a childish act and there is a degree of unprofessionalism about the whole process?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: Question for you guys? Thoughts on this
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:27:04 AM »
Another thread where you crap on about yourself.... Are you this self absorbed in real life?

Take your shit somewhere else.

You are not welcome on the Y.
P

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 04:40:12 AM »
Another thread where you crap on about yourself.... Are you this self absorbed in real life?

Actually, it's pedophiles that aren't welcome here, he who likes to fuck women that look like pre-teen girls.

I don't think dieting and bodybuilding is childish per say, but I think the people that it seems to draw to it are some of the most childish around. IFBB pro's are some of the most pathetic, insecure, childlike people I've ever seen. Guys always wanting to fight, acting like they're hot shit, etc. The act itself I don't think so, though. It takes some serious dedication and willpower to diet properly.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:43:30 AM »
Actually, it's pedophiles that aren't welcome here, he who likes to fuck women that look like pre-teen girls.

I don't think dieting and bodybuilding is childish per say, but I think the people that it seems to draw to it are some of the most childish around. IFBB pro's are some of the most pathetic, insecure, childlike people I've ever seen. Guys always wanting to fight, acting like they're hot shit, etc. The act itself I don't think so, though. It takes some serious dedication and willpower to diet properly.

Pipe down teeth boy.

Ron should make a horse face board for dudes that like to do unattractive girls. You might even make mod of that board with your track record.
P

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 05:17:04 AM »
X,

Your keeping up an image, if you care about how people perceive you by eating and training..that translates to your bosses that your on top of your game. They can only be proud to have someone working for them that is that discipline enuf to do what you do everyday. I think its more childish if you let yourself go.
L

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 05:26:11 AM »
X,

Your keeping up an image, if you care about how people perceive you by eating and training..that translates to your bosses that your on top of your game. They can only be proud to have someone working for them that is that discipline enuf to do what you do everyday. I think its more childish if you let yourself go.

I thought the exact same, it just appears (in a corporate environment) that the whole training and eating every few hours is so far from the norm that it's perceived as weird, or maybe even uprofessional.  The ladder I'm still pondering.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:28:08 AM »

I do appreciate that fact that you follow me everywhere.  It's actually flattering. So thank you!  And to answer your question, yes I am self absorbed.  That's what drives me to be better and better.

Again thanks for the compliments  ;)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 05:46:27 AM »
Is bodybuilding and dieting a childish act?

Sounds crazy I know, but I'm responsible for 45 people in our organization, which entails managing a marketing and sales department. Being in the office and even travelling to various cities to meet with clients, and working with our global team, I always A.Eat every couple of hours B. have to have a gym near by to train at.  I have a close relationship with our CEO and VP and they think it's weird that I'm eating cottage cheese, and tuna all the time.
Do you guys think this is a childish act and there is a degree of unprofessionalism about the whole process?

bodybuilding is a strange game

but i think it shows self discipline and determination

to consistently follow the lifestyle

qualities that should endear you to any boss
T

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 06:24:43 AM »
Pipe down teeth boy.

Ron should make a horse face board for dudes that like to do unattractive girls. You might even make mod of that board with your track record.

Yawn. Let me help you out with your insults. If you're going to call me anything, call me buck tooth, or beaver teeth. A horse face is where your gums show when you're smiling.

Regardless, girls like big smiles. Maybe not the pre-teens a pedophile like you fucks, but most normal ones do.

Why so jealous of XFactor? Because while he's got a hot wife and a great career, you're too busy having to live with a stripper who prosties herself out on the side?  :P

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »
X DAMMIT IM CONFRIMING IMA BE IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS END OF OCT WE GONNA GO HAVE A BEER OR HIT THE GYM OR WHUT  >:(

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 06:32:12 AM »
X DAMMIT IM CONFRIMING IMA BE IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS END OF OCT WE GONNA GO HAVE A BEER OR HIT THE GYM OR WHUT  >:(

Dude.  100% buddy.  I have told you and some others on here that I'd meet up.  Nobody ever follows through though.  I will absolutley meet up with you man.  Give me the dates.  I am gone October 9th to 14th in Vegas other than that I'm around on weekends.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 06:34:06 AM »
Dude.  100% buddy.  I have told you and some others on here that I'd meet up.  Nobody ever follows through though.  I will absolutley meet up with you man.  Give me the dates.  I am gone October 9th to 14th in Vegas other than that I'm around on weekends.
ima be in montreal at that week im worken my way down to your neck of the woods after around the 20th ill let you know for sure  :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 07:02:36 AM »
I go up and down during the course of a year.sometimes I'm diet and training all the way and sometimes I'm like"eh,fuck it the world won't end if I miss a few workouts and eat like I want"

mcb650

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 01:17:33 PM »
I don't think it's childish. I don't think it's unprofessional either, unless it interferes with the normal stuff you do at a job. If you delay a meeting to go get a can of tuna, then that might not be the best idea. If you make a big fuss over travel accommodations because there's not a gym nearby and annoy whoever it is making the arrangements, that's probably not a good idea either. But if you're not annoying people and it's not affecting the way you do your job, then I don't think it's anything to worry about. At worst, the people you work with might think you're a little bit obsessive about your body, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Like JJ said, typically people who are in good shape and take care of their bodies are thought of more highly.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 01:30:09 PM »
i don't think it's that bad X, you look fantastic which presents a good image, if you were some 300 pound monster with a 22 inch neck with your dress shirt busting at the seems constantly flexing and intimidating co workers it would be different but eating every couple of hours and working out shouldn't be a big deal, it actually should be a goal of most employees to eat healthier and work out.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 01:46:22 PM »
I don't think it's childish. I don't think it's unprofessional either, unless it interferes with the normal stuff you do at a job. If you delay a meeting to go get a can of tuna, then that might not be the best idea. If you make a big fuss over travel accommodations because there's not a gym nearby and annoy whoever it is making the arrangements, that's probably not a good idea either. But if you're not annoying people and it's not affecting the way you do your job, then I don't think it's anything to worry about. At worst, the people you work with might think you're a little bit obsessive about your body, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Like JJ said, typically people who are in good shape and take care of their bodies are thought of more highly.

Good points.  I actually do sometimes make a fuss when I'm travelling anywhere from Montgomery,Alabama, or Spartanburg, NC, etc.... I always have my sec. map out the closest gym.  That probably needs to end.  People definitely do think I obsess too much about it, my own wife does.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 01:50:46 PM »
I wouldn't say it's childish or selfish or anything like that. but then I would say that because I'm exactly the same in my work. The successful people in the organisation will recognise your lifestyle and realise that it requires focus and discipline - only the losers and the jealous haters will deride it but you won't see them going far.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 01:53:20 PM »
Good points.  I actually do sometimes make a fuss when I'm travelling anywhere from Montgomery,Alabama, or Spartanburg, NC, etc.... I always have my sec. map out the closest gym.  That probably needs to end.  People definitely do think I obsess too much about it, my own wife does.
yeah but honestly that's what secretaries are for, that's their job.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 02:07:27 PM »
yeah but honestly that's what secretaries are for, that's their job.

lol true.  And blow jobs. 

JK  I wish!!