Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Pet Board

Do your dogs have the run of the house

<< < (2/2)

EL Mariachi:
my dog behaves really nice home alone. All he does it look out of the window or sleep by himself.

Princess L:

--- Quote from: knny187 on April 01, 2007, 04:57:43 PM ---my boy is crated

He has to be or there would be no home to come home to.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like more exercise is in order.
Seems like exercise is the answer to 99% of behavior problems.

~flower~:
They have the downstairs, cept the kitchen.  The upstairs is off limits all the time, cept for Tad if he comes to bed with me.  I don't want 3 big dogs in my bed, and Emmett has a hard time getting back down the stairs so it's just easier to gate of the stairs. 

They've pretty much done everything they can do down there.  Knock on wood.  ::)

knny187:

--- Quote from: Princess L on April 01, 2007, 05:28:03 PM ---Sounds like more exercise is in order.
Seems like exercise is the answer to 99% of behavior problems.

--- End quote ---

I tell you one thing....

You could exercise him all day....& he still could go....go....go.

I like talking him for long assed walks when I can...that wears him out pretty good.

I discovered the 'red dot' about 6 months ago.  It's one of those pet red laser dot things.  Anyways...I can stand in one place in a field & move that thing back & forth & he'll run full steam for a while.  I don't like running him too hard or too much because of his age/weight.  So it's usually in a nice soft grassy field.

I also picked him up one of those "indestructible" balls.  They're like 14" in diameter...hard plastic thats hollow (fill with water/sand).

I'll take him in a field & play soccer.  He's actually quite the ball hog but a damn good soccer player - lol.

I tried normal balls (soccer, basketball, football) but he pops them within the first 5 seconds.

I even gave him an 8lb medicine ball & in 10 seconds....he was destroying it - lol....so I had to take that away.

I bought this one toy that is a giant rope ball knot & must weigh about 10 pounds.  He swings that thing like a mad man in his mouth.

Luv2Hurt:

--- Quote from: Princess L on April 01, 2007, 05:28:03 PM ---Seems like exercise is the answer to 99% of behavior problems.

--- End quote ---

I agree My dog is totally different when he gets plenty of hard excersice.  Much more calm and relaxed. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version