Author Topic: 400 calories per day???  (Read 1977 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
400 calories per day???
« on: June 01, 2009, 05:37:02 PM »
A casual friend of mine (female, 27 years old) has suffered from some kidney stones and other minor problems.  hot flashes, low energy, etc.

Her doc is working to isolate the issue, and put her on a 400-calorie per day diet.  He believes it will help him to isolate whatever issue she's having internally.

I don't know her all that well, so I didn't want to stick my opinion in there, in case her doc is correct and I'm not.  I didn't think 400 calories was enough to sustain life.  She's on the diet indefinitely, or at least a month until the next appointment.  light-headed, etc, on the first days of the diet.

How can a human function on 400 claories?  Is that a dangerous diet?  She loves her doc and swears he'd never steer her wrong, and I sure don't have all the details.  Are there scenarios where 400 kcal per day is okay?

Bast175

Re: 400 calories per day???
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 07:31:57 PM »
A month of that seems excessive to me.   I could see doing that for a week, but she'll probably pass out if she does anything physical after a week.   That's to say she's tough enough to do that without cheating, which is very doubtful.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 07:34:16 PM »
she needs to be very strict about what she eats. tell her to take in 75 grams of zero fat zero carb protein, to take in 10 grams of fish oil and 5 capsules of evening primrose oil and then a bunch of green fibrous vegetables. that will be about 400 calories, and will be the closest thing she can get to a healthy diet.

Aquiles

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 06:15:20 AM »
Do you know how much she weights? or what she used to eat before the diet? or what she is eating on the diet? maybe any form of supplementation?

400 kcal sounds crazy low... do you know if she is allowed to do stuff or just laying around the house and basta?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 10:19:47 AM »
A casual friend of mine (female, 27 years old) has suffered from some kidney stones and other minor problems.  hot flashes, low energy, etc.

Her doc is working to isolate the issue, and put her on a 400-calorie per day diet.  He believes it will help him to isolate whatever issue she's having internally.

I don't know her all that well, so I didn't want to stick my opinion in there, in case her doc is correct and I'm not.  I didn't think 400 calories was enough to sustain life.  She's on the diet indefinitely, or at least a month until the next appointment.  light-headed, etc, on the first days of the diet.

How can a human function on 400 claories?  Is that a dangerous diet?  She loves her doc and swears he'd never steer her wrong, and I sure don't have all the details.  Are there scenarios where 400 kcal per day is okay?

Are you sure you're getting the whole story?  People fast all the time, so it's not going to kill her.  The hot flashes and low energy (what else?) indicate to me a potential hormonal imbalance (low estrogen) or something going on with the hypothalmus.  MSG in food could be a trigger too.  Is she on birth control? hmmmm
:

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 05:36:44 PM »
She just needs to clean up her diet.   If she is on the pill tell her to get off.  400 calories is not realistic.  The pill is more dangerous than juice.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 06:44:48 PM »
fack me man 400 calories? that sounds like torture...doesnt sound healthy to me especially for a month like others have said for a few days or a week i can understand but a month? doesnt sound right maybe she misunderstood...i had a friend that would diet with around 800 calories a day, she told me this after the fact i was freaking pissed that shit isnt healthy in the least bit...

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 08:10:03 PM »
maybe 1400? lol, i wouldn't be able to get out of bed with 400 cals

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 08:58:30 AM »
I think there's something missing here.  ???

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 12:28:58 PM »
she needs to be very strict about what she eats. tell her to take in 75 grams of zero fat zero carb protein, to take in 10 grams of fish oil and 5 capsules of evening primrose oil and then a bunch of green fibrous vegetables. that will be about 400 calories, and will be the closest thing she can get to a healthy diet.

High protein may have led to the kidney stones, you bumbaclot.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 12:32:03 PM »

go to africa, they do it everyday