Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 758729 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10900 on: Today at 04:33:13 AM »
For any economist, mathematician, or Bitcoiner, our measure is BTC vs purchasing power (not BTC vs USD, or any other declining currency). So, for example if BTC has risen 12% to the USD, but the USD has during that time devalued 10% in purchasing power, you have actually only made a 2% gain in purchasing power when measured in BTC. Comparing to a declining currency is an illusion, much like it appears you are going forwards in a car, when in fact you are stationary and another car next to you is going backwards.

I buy any dip, because it gives me an opportunity to own more of a finite number of sats, which I am confident will go up in value over time. This is what I do, and indeed what we should all be doing. I care little about short-term upward movements, as I am a hodler. I don't intend to sell.

if you, or anyone, could reliably pick short term trends whether in BTC, or in shitcoins, you would be a billionaire. You may believe you can reliably and consistently do this, but you, and almost all people, cannot, much we all wish we could.

😉

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10901 on: Today at 02:14:40 PM »
Obsidian - pretty much right on que...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/new-court-filings-show-sec-chair-gensler-believed-ethereum-was-security-for-at-least-year

Again, please do not blame me, or take this personally. I am simply telling us here what the law is. Whether the law should be changed or not, and whether you like the outcome of the current laws being applied, is of course a separate matter. But the law is the law - and for us as investors we really need to take note and understand this.