Author Topic: So my dad has covid and the wife too.  (Read 6057 times)

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "I'm a business GENIUS."
Re: So my dad has covid and the wife too.
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2022, 06:12:58 PM »
You don't have to meet them :D + that whould be vulnerable unvaxxed people.
But i get it, it is better to spread nothing at all..

Ok
is that for the Delta-Variant or Omicron?  + 10, 20 and 200 seems to be a bit imprecise.

and i am unsure about that..maybe it depends on how you define "infected"
i think you still get it, but it don't spread that much if you are vaxxed.
The picture seems to be a extreme simplification with these absolute numbers.

Maybe you lower the viral load but people still get it from you?
Anyway thank you for your answer

The numbers are "rounded down" to make sure the calculation is conservative.

BossBoss

• Getbig III
  • part-time IFBB-Professional
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2022, 06:31:56 PM »
The numbers are "rounded down" to make sure the calculation is conservative.

Ok, just a quick question, it is from your article:

"We also know that vaccinated people are less likely to transmit the disease even if they become infected."

What would be the explanation for that?

Ok now i get it:"less likely to transmit the disease" vs "less likely to transmit the virus"
So you don't get sick but you still get the virus..? And you still transmit the virus but people don't get the disease? Or get 20 times less likely the disease..
It must be meant that way but it is dubious..

I think you answered your question earlier. Vaccinated individuals, if infected, will have a lower viral load making them less likely to transmit the virus.

Yeah, i get it now, but it is not very scientific..theoretical vaxxed people could spread the virus at the same rate..it depends on how vulnerable the unvaxxed (or vaxxed) person is.

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2022, 06:48:39 PM »
Ok, just a quick question, it is from your article:

"We also know that vaccinated people are less likely to transmit the disease even if they become infected."

What would be the explanation for that?

Is maybe this the explanation?
The model will produce outputs, which can then be analysed, adjusted and interpreted. Ultimately, models construct a theoretical representation of real-world situations.

I think you answered your question earlier. Vaccinated individuals, if infected, will have a lower viral load making them less likely to transmit the virus.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2022, 06:59:44 PM »
Your boyfriend is likely to transmit his viral load to you.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2022, 07:03:16 PM »
Your boyfriend is likely to transmit his viral load to you.

Wow. That’s not something a mod should be saying.

🙁

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2022, 07:03:51 PM »
Wow. That’s not something a mod should be saying.

🙁
What should a mod say ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2022, 07:38:23 PM »
What should a mod say ???

You should be saying positive and uplifting things.

That’s what I always try to do.

🙂

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2022, 08:03:27 PM »
This graphic and article from Leftist "The Conversation" is absolute and utter bullshit.  It's not based on any scientific study.  It's based on an article that reports something a health official in Australia (greatly objective) said about an estimate, probably from testing data which is a horrible and both an over and underinclusive data source that doesn't account for testing self-selection, asymptomatic cases or other things.  It also gives no timeframe and probably does the old "take data from before vaccines were prevalent trick" too.  Then this BS hearsay data source is then extrapolated in a "thought experiment" about two vaccinated people to claim that because they claim an unvaccinated person is 10x more likely to have Covid and twice as likely to spread it, two vaccinated people hanging out are 200x less likely to spread it to each other.  Statistical manipulation at its worst.

Absolute batshit and utterly invalid nonsense.  The article itself states that an unvaxxed is only twice as likely to spread it (even under the articles own twisted and incorrect logic).  So if you are hanging out with an unvaccinated person who has it, you are only doubly at risk versus a vaccinated person that has it.

The claim that the vaccine prevents transmission has also been repeatedly disavowed yet this article still treats it as correct.

And of course Omicron shows all this to be nonsense based on old and unrelevant data anyway.

But still you are pushing this 200x claim, why?  Pushing false information is not good for public health, exactly the opposite. 

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2022, 08:22:39 PM »
This graphic and article from Leftist "The Conversation" is absolute and utter bullshit.  It's not based on any scientific study.  It's based on an article that reports something a health official in Australia (greatly objective) said about an estimate, probably from testing data which is a horrible and both an over and underinclusive data source that doesn't account for testing self-selection, asymptomatic cases or other things.  It also gives no timeframe and probably does the old "take data from before vaccines were prevalent trick" too.  Then this BS hearsay data source is then extrapolated in a "thought experiment" about two vaccinated people to claim that because they claim an unvaccinated person is 10x more likely to have Covid and twice as likely to spread it, two vaccinated people hanging out are 200x less likely to spread it to each other.  Statistical manipulation at its worst.

Absolute batshit and utterly invalid nonsense.  The article itself states that an unvaxxed is only twice as likely to spread it (even under the articles own twisted and incorrect logic).  So if you are hanging out with an unvaccinated person who has it, you are only doubly at risk versus a vaccinated person that has it.

The claim that the vaccine prevents transmission has also been repeatedly disavowed yet this article still treats it as correct.

And of course Omicron shows all this to be nonsense based on old and unrelevant data anyway.

But still you are pushing this 200x claim, why?  Pushing false information is not good for public health, exactly the opposite.

It’s actually based on several cited scientific studies.

Where’s the evidence to back up what you’re saying?

Matt read it over too. Couldn’t find anything wrong with the math.

BossBoss

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2022, 08:49:19 PM »
It’s actually based on several cited scientific studies.

Where’s the evidence to back up what you’re saying?

Matt read it over too. Couldn’t find anything wrong with the math.

https://theconversation.com/your-unvaccinated-friend-is-roughly-20-times-more-likely-to-give-you-covid-170448

did you read your own link?

Is it based on this?
https://www.doherty.edu.au/our-work/institute-themes/viral-infectious-diseases/covid-19/covid-19-modelling/modelling

"The model will produce outputs, which can then be analysed, adjusted and interpreted."
"It is the role of the Commonwealth Government to interpret the evidence." ..good joke  ;)

If that is the case than it is unreliable..

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2022, 08:58:03 PM »
https://theconversation.com/your-unvaccinated-friend-is-roughly-20-times-more-likely-to-give-you-covid-170448

Is it based on this?
https://www.doherty.edu.au/our-work/institute-themes/viral-infectious-diseases/covid-19/covid-19-modelling/modelling

"The model will produce outputs, which can then be analysed, adjusted and interpreted."
"It is the role of the Commonwealth Government to interpret the evidence." ..good joke  ;)

Don’t like the evidence I posted?

Contact the scientists and tell them they’re wrong then.

🙄

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2022, 08:58:12 PM »

Is it based on this?

And those BS modelling "studies" are combined by a reporter (not a scientist) in a "thought experiment" with some hearsay statement of undated unspecified data pushed by a Kangapimp.  But even taken at face value as combined they still only say 50% less likely to get it transmitted from a vaxxed person (not accounting of course in any way for natural immunity) with Covid not 200x.

BossBoss

• Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2022, 09:08:11 PM »

Maybe i am tired, maybe it's the beer..which evidence are we talking about?

is this your evidence?

The link you posted but never read?

And those BS modelling "studies" are combined by a reporter (not a scientist) in a "thought experiment" with some hearsay statement of undated unspecified data pushed by a Kangapimp.  But even taken at face value as combined they still only say 50% less likely to get it transmitted from a vaxxed person (not accounting of course in any way for natural immunity) with Covid not 200x.

Yeah, it is basically exactly like you said in this post and a few post's above..
there is no study and there are no scientist's.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2022, 09:21:13 PM »
You should be saying positive and uplifting things.

That’s what I always try to do.

🙂
Mocking people that get sick and celebrating the government taking away peoples basic right to life is positive and uplifting ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2022, 09:35:01 PM »

Just as I thought, nothing posted by you to back your claims.

Big surprise.

🙄

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2022, 09:40:32 PM »
Mocking people that get sick and celebrating the government taking away peoples basic right to life is positive and uplifting ???

That’s debatable.

;)

BossBoss

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2022, 09:41:59 PM »

Contact the scientists and tell them they’re wrong then.

🙄

What's going on here?
Atleast admit that you don't read your own links. :D

Are you pretending now that you see a different text then everbody else?

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2022, 09:43:40 PM »
Maybe i am tired, maybe it's the beer..

It’s probably your low intelligence.

Hope this helps.

😎😎😎

BossBoss

• Getbig III
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2022, 09:44:36 PM »
It’s probably your low intelligence.

Hope this helps.

😎😎😎

Maybe but i am still waiting for your evidence..where is it?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2022, 09:49:00 PM »

They'd be happy to go along with all this and more.

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2022, 09:54:25 PM »
Maybe but i am still waiting for your evidence..where is it?

Have several more beers.

Keep posting lots of updates (as you have been so far).

It’ll come to you.

🙂

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2022, 09:56:12 PM »
They'd be happy to go along with all this and more.

LOL at changing the subject.

😆